Calf Grill and picky teens

Ctsplaysinrain

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any experience with Ca Grill making something plain or whatever for picky teens? I want to go there ( I've been alone) and want the family to experience but can't find anything at all that my boys would eat.

Have you considered letting them eat CS before dinner and letting them eat dessert at CG?

That might be something to think about.

What about just not taking them to CG?

Would you trust them to have CS at your resort and hang out a bit? Teens may enjoy spending some time with out the parents.

Another plan would be to take them to the Contemporary with you. They could have CS and spend some time at the great arcade.

So your boys haven't learned the survival instinct of accepting food, huh? My guess is that your best bet would be to discuss menus and resturaunts together as a family.

CaptainHypersock out.

They are picky eaters because of some special needs. We will be staying at BC or OKW so I would not feel comfy yet leaving them alone nor would it be any fun to feed them first and let them sit there for 2 hours while we eat..LOL.. We get to the world 2-3 x a year so I'm aware of most menus. This is just somewhere they havent been yet and they may like the setting ( and they promised me in July a grown-up meal of my choosing..LOL) Any way, I just want to know if anyone has been able to get a plain just cheese and sauce flat bread or a plain piece of salmon or something like that.. They don't eat chewy meat though so steaks and chops are out.

I am not familar with CG menu but if flatbreads are on the menu I don't see an issue of having just cheese on it.

Also if salmon is on it with sauce, they can always hold the sauce and serve it plain.
Most of the restaurants will do this.

You mentioned special needs, if you feel comfortable discussing that on a forum, if you post in the disabilities forum the foodies over there can guide you better.

But I am sure there would be a way for you to do what you wish, but you may have to call or put it on your reservation in some way.

Good luck, hope you get to dine there.

i ate there 2 weeks ago and i'm rather picky and i have allergies.

i got the filet--plain no sauce with mashed potatoes and had mac and cheese instead of the carrots. yeah that's carb overload, but i wanted to try it.. and i was on vacay!! it was a very simple meal and it was my favorite meal of the trip. it was very very good. they were very accommodating!! enjoy!

Fear not. I went to CG with the pickiest teen ever and he managed to have a wonderful meal. (He doesn't like gravy, doesn't like to food to touch) I aked the server for plain mashed potatoes, grilled steak with sauce in a small boat on the side and no food stacking and please bring some catsup. The server was very gracious and didn't make a big deal of it. My nephew was happy and ate everything. Don't be afraid to ask your server, they want to make your meal enjoyable.

This past week there was a table next to us with 2 teenage girls (around 15 or so). They made the one girl a sushi that she wanted (basically the cali roll with just avocado) and the other a steak with mac & cheese, thats what I heard/saw, not sure if they had anything else made to order. The waiter suggested that entree to her too.

Oh, ok... I didn't know there were special dietary issues.

Well, when my family ate at Tony's at the Magic Kingdom, the chef was very courteous and helpful when we requested an alternative to one of the dishes because of my mom's dietary needs. So if you'd like to make a change to a meal, there's no harm in asking for substitutions.

CaptainHypersock out.

Ok- Thanks for the replies.. I'm still not sure if it's workable but at least I know they will accommodate if asked..

Now, if only I could get them to eat steak...LOL

What will they eat? I'm sure you can find something that will work for them - they have a lot of variety and are well-versed in working with dietary needs.

Just another voice saying that we've found Cal Grill (and all the signature restaurants especially) to be very flexible about what they can offer/customize. As long as the "base ingredient" is on the menu, they can prepare it simply and offer simple sides.

It's not that other table service restaurants aren't accommodating, but sometimes they have more limitations because their foods are already prepped in certain ways (or at least that has been our experience).

Go, enjoy, and know that the CMs and chefs at Cal Grill will absolutely put forth food your kids will be able to eat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter