Calais to Disney by car

ADEALINGMUMMY

Earning My Ears
Eurostar seemed really expensive, so we are considering driving from Calais to Disney....
Does anyone have any info or tips . How long will it take us.

Thankyou :)

It's 3 hours ish drive
toll roads which I can't remember how much ( someone who has been recently, will hopefully be along to help!)

We pack the car up with food and snacks ( as they are mega expensive onsite!)

You say that Eurostar is really expensive, but when you take into account the amount of petrol you are spending, the tolls and the amount of miles on the car, is it really that much more expensive!?!?!

You say that Eurostar is really expensive, but when you take into account the amount of petrol you are spending, the tolls and the amount of miles on the car, is it really that much more expensive!?!?!

A tricky question this one.

If you say the Eurostar is £59 each person for a family of four that would be £236, car parking for 4 days at Ashford is £46 and let's say £5 in petrol to get to Ashford gives you £287.

Driving would involce petrol of £5 to get to Dover, £50 for ferry crossing with Norfolkline, £40 for tolls (with the rubbish exchange rate) and 600 miles so lets say £100 in petrol (In my 2.0 Turbo MG I got there on half a tank so I think £100 is quite generous!) gives you a total of £195.

We always drive from Calais or Dunkerque and it's basically 3 hours door to door. The roads are excellent, really easy to drive and are worth paying the tolls on. It also gives you the freedom of having your car there if you need to escape the madness for a while ;)

We just got back last night. We drove from Glasgow Disney on one tank of fuel. Which was amazing as we just bought a new car and opted for diesel this time. In our old car it would take two tanks to get there and two tanks back. This time, it took one tank each way! Anyway, we normally go by Eurotunnel to Calais but this time we went with Norfolkline to Dunkerque. The ferry cost us £37 return and the tolls were 13.90 Euros on the way there and 14.20 Euros coming back. We definitely found the drive from Dunkerque much better and it seemed quicker than the Calais to Disney drive.

Thankyou all so much for your informative replies, and have now made up my mind.

We have decided to book eurostar . It should come to £200 for 2 Adults , our DD will sit on our lap. We live in Kent, so it really makes sense.

:love:

Never driven to DLRP before but we are driving in May:thumbsup2 We drove to Center Parcs in Holland last October and it went so well (and was further). Never thought we'd be a "driving holiday" family but the girls love their own space and Disney DVD's and we can stop whenever we want. We crossed the channel by ferry in October but are going for the Eurotunnel this time to speed up the journey a bit (and I have a tendancy to ferry sickness).
We went to DLRP four years ago when our eldest was just two and it was the worst journey of our lives, whether she was train sick or not we'll never know but the sickness and high temp went the minute we got to DLRP and we just couldn't get her any fresh air on the train, she was thrashing around and lying on the floor to try and get fresh air from the gap near the door - I just never want to repeat that experience again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!