cake for 10/27 50th anniv cruise

4HOLIDAYS

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if anyone has ordered a more elaborate cake than the standard celebration ones? We are going to celebrate my parents 50th and want to get them one on the actual date.

I've ck'd more than once with dcl res. and gotten different answers. So of course I come to the experts here.

I can't imagine I need more than a month's notice. I've gotten some beautiful custom ones at wdw and would like something like those.

Thanks for any info.

I am wondering if anyone has ordered a more elaborate cake than the standard celebration ones? We are going to celebrate my parents 50th and want to get them one on the actual date.

I've ck'd more than once with dcl res. and gotten different answers. So of course I come to the experts here.

I can't imagine I need more than a month's notice. I've gotten some beautiful custom ones at wdw and would like something like those.

Thanks for any info.

If the anniversary is not one if the first couple of days, get on baord and talk to your head server. I am sure there is a cost, but someone on board can hook you up. Take a picture of something you want. You can already state in your reservation that there is a celebration and then let you head server work some pixie dust with the chefs. Just my opinion.:dancer:

That is my plan of last resort if I can't get it arranged beforehand. It would be one less thing to worry about. I would love to get a small 2 tier type.

Anyone actually do a custom onboard?

This may be completely wrong but it might be worth speaking to Disney's Bridal/Honeymoon team as they provide two tier cakes for on board weddings and vow renewals. They may be able to point you in the right direction?

Most cakes require a 7 day notice. The Mickey cake and the other larger cakes I know do because we have 4 of 6 birthday's on our Alaskan cruise but not worth the cost as there is just too much food. We are now going to do something precruise instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter