Cake and dessert party.....

Luvndisney

Mouseketeer - Have a Magical Day!
Ok so We are having a lluminations dessert party directly after our reception at EPCOT. We have planned all along to just have a cake as well even though people will be eating dessert too. However this weekend I was thinking about it more and more and just don't know what to do. I really want a cake, b/c it part of the Disney experience. I have always loved the cakes they design. DH2B said to have one, but he does not eat cake! In fact when we do the cake cutting and feed one another I am going to request a brownie be brought out for him to eat, b/c that is the onyl kind of dessert he eats! So now its' really just a cake for me!
I just don't know what my options are. Will Disney make me a small cake for about 25 people - like one tier and a topper - and let us cut that for the moment. Then let my guests have dessert outside at Illuminations? Is this wrong? bad to do?

I just feel either alot of cake will be wasted or alot of dessert items will be wasted.

Any advice?

Are you having an intimate or custom wedding?

For the intimate, the cake is only two layers. I'm not sure if it would feed 25 people, but it's a pretty good sized cake (at least it was for the two of us!!).

I'm not sure how it works for custom brides....

I am a custom wedding. That might be a good idea to use an intimate cake..if they let me :)

I'm sure Disney will let you get a small cake meant for 25 pplish. They have plenty to choose from, including the miniature cakes, so I'm sure you'll see something right for you. If not, then they can definitely customize one for you so you have a cake to cut for the reception, but aren't left with 50 peices of cake to box up :). I think small cake and a dessert party sounds like a great idea. Most ppl are so full after the meal that they dont really get to enjoy the cake anyway. At least with the dessert party they have a chance to digest their food before heading over and eating dessert :)

You'll definitely have to ask your EM about that....I was told the smallest cake we could have was a 50 person minimum cake (as a custom bride).

Maybe i'll just skip the cake if thats the case, dont want to spend all that money on a cake for no one to eat it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter