Cafe Orleans Menu Changes

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
My soul is crushed! I pulled up the Cafe Orleans menu to do a final price check for my trip and the Braised Beef crepe is GONE. No crepe anywhere! Offerings look different- the "Chefs choice" is steak and potatoes. Who the heck is making these menu choices?!

My soul is crushed! I pulled up the Cafe Orleans menu to do a final price check for my trip and the Braised Beef crepe is GONE. No crepe anywhere! Offerings look different- the "Chefs choice" is steak and potatoes. Who the heck is making these menu choices?!
Oh no!!! The fried green tomato sandwich is gone too! I was really looking forward to trying that during our trip next month.

Oh no!!! The fried green tomato sandwich is gone too! I was really looking forward to trying that during our trip next month.
Idk it does any good but I've emailed them. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

Not 20 mins ago I made a solo reservation for my trip specifically because I love that Braised Beef Crepe- they've had it for years! ...I confess I've never looked far beyond that and the Monte Cristo but it kinda appeared they've made some big changes.
ETA: taking out stuff as I'm repeating myself, I'm ridiculously upset about this. It's just a menu item I need to get over it

It is a pretty big change, although the Pomme Frites, Gumbo, and Mickey Beignets remain on the menu. Others things that I've normally ordered that are gone include the French Onion Soup and the Crescent City Salad. That being said, some of the new offerings sound interesting.

I'm surprised by so many drastic changes to the menu, but I have to admit some of the new offerings sound really good.

I'm finally doing a monte cristo this time (4th visit) so as long as they don't remove that I'm happy!

Braised beef crêpes sound good and an unusual filling for crêpes. Too bad it won't be on the menu when we go!

Is it only Disney that calls fries Pommes Frites? French is my first language and we never use that term! In fact, if someone would ask me for Pomme Frites here I would assume they were asking for fried apples which is the exact translation of Pomme Frites.

I bet this has to do with Fantasmic dinner packages being moved over there temporarily. They probably have to offer more standard type food options so it makes sense to just change the whole menu all the time. I imagine it will go back to the previous menu after River Belle is done.

I bet this has to do with Fantasmic dinner packages being moved over there temporarily. They probably have to offer more standard type food options so it makes sense to just change the whole menu all the time. I imagine it will go back to the previous menu after River Belle is done.
I can only hope. It's really the only excuse for Steak & Potatoes. But, with the changes to the rest of the menu I don't think it's temporary.

Is it only Disney that calls fries Pommes Frites? French is my first language and we never use that term! In fact, if someone would ask me for Pomme Frites here I would assume they were asking for fried apples which is the exact translation of Pomme Frites.

Out of curiosity, what kind of French did you grow up speaking? I learned (from my crappy high school French) that French fries were called pommes frites and that potatoes are pommes de terre.

Out of curiosity, what kind of French did you grow up speaking? I learned (from my crappy high school French) that French fries were called pommes frites and that potatoes are pommes de terre.

I'm from Quebec so québécois (where the poutine was invented and where we are freezing half of the year). For us, fries are simply 'frites' and potatoes are 'pommes de terre' or 'patates' (simply 'pomme' is apple). Maybe pommes frites is used in France or Belgium but I never heard my friends who are from France use that term. Out of curiosity, tomorrow I will ask one of my best friend who is French (from France), a linguist and translator about this. ;)

I'm from Quebec so québécois (where the poutine was invented and where we are freezing half of the year). For us, fries are simply 'frites' and potatoes are 'pommes de terre' or 'patates' (simply 'pomme' is apple). Maybe pommes frites is used in France or Belgium but I never heard my friends who are from France use that term. Out of curiosity, tomorrow I will ask one of my best friend who is French (from France), a linguist and translator about this. ;)

Perhaps your French friends are adjusting to québécois? My Aussie husband tries to stick to American English when he's speaking to Americans. (Also, I love Quebec! Went there for vacation once and ate poutine every day. I did not regret that decision.)

Sorry for the sidetrack, everyone.

https://www.chowhound.com/post/difference-pommes-frites-french-fries-544084

Funny because we do make a distinction between Belgian fries and our regular fries, what seems to be called Pommes Frites (cooked twice). When I'm in DLR in April I think I will try what they call Pommes Frites and see how it compares to our fries and Belgians fries. So far, I never found an American fry that I liked...

Sorry for highjacking the thread with my Pommes Frites question!
Hahaha! I found it really interesting actually and totally relevant to the topic at hand as they are literally on the menu (including the "new" menu- people would enter Total Meltdown if they took those puppies away). Very relevant!!

While the topic is Pommes Frites... do you think they would let me get a couple orders as take-out? Or does another restaurant serve them? My kids probably wouldn't like the adult menu so it isn't worth taking the whole family in for a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!