Cabins near stairs..noisy???

Suzy Mouse

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=99009
I just noticed that our cabin has been changed on our cruise. We were originally toward the forward of the ship and have been moved towards the aft. Right outside our room is the stairwell and elevator shafts. Does anyone know if it gets noisy outside the cabins by the stairs...or does the door keep the noise to a minimum???

We had a cabin right by the stairwell on a RCCL- and we could hear noise. the only time it was really bad was one night when a group of teens decided to congregate on and around the stairs and were yelling back and forth. They moved on as soon as my husband opened our door and asked them to move- as they were disturbing us- and they did. Hopefully Disney cabin doors are thicker!

We have been near the forward stairs on all three cruises and have not been bothered by any hall noise. :)

We were near the forward elevator/stairs on level 2 of the Magic recently. Didn't notice *any* noise, and our neighbor mentioned in her trip report that her teens congregated w/ room service and a few friends every night at 1 a.m. I saw them one night and they weren't making a lot of noise, and I definitely didn't hear them on other nights.

I couldn't speak to the aft elevator area, but I didn't think the forward one was a problem at all -- it was quite convenient, actually.

Now, I did notice a bit of a n overhead thumping sensation when I lay in bed at night, which I think was from being under the bars/clubs on level 3. Not a huge deal, though.

Chris

We were at midship deck 7 near the stairs/elevators and didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

We were in 6028 and 6030. If you look on the deck plan it is right next to the elevator and stairs. That being said, no, noise was not a ploblem.

We were off the aft stairs and I was concerned it would be noisy.

It wasn't and we booked the same cabin again. The nice thing about near the stairs is everything is much more convienent and you aren't constrained by the narrow hallways.

Any one ever stayed in stateroom 6060 before? It's directly midship in the elevator bank area. I'm hoping it's not too noisy.

Suzy Mouse said:
I just noticed that our cabin has been changed on our cruise. We were originally toward the forward of the ship and have been moved towards the aft. Right outside our room is the stairwell and elevator shafts. Does anyone know if it gets noisy outside the cabins by the stairs...or does the door keep the noise to a minimum???
We've been near stairwells and have never had issue with noise.

confal2829 said:
Suzy Mouse, Were you upgraded??? I noticed you said that your cabin had been changed. :sunny:
That's what I was wondering also!!

We had cabin 7106, which was right next to both the stairs and elevators. We heard no noise at all.

Don't worry!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter