Cabin Upgrades

happydays

Mouseketeer
I read quite a bit here and on other boards about some lucky cruisers receiving upgraded cabins. It seems like that only happens to those who do not have their cabin assigned yet (is this just my imagination - because I do get a little dizzy after reading these posts for hours at a time!!). Since we like to be midship on deck 7, I usually reserve a cabin there when I make my reservation (we go with category 5). Am I unintentionally knocking us out of the chance of an upgrade? Also - has anyone ever actually been upgraded to a 1,2 or 3 category???
Only six days to go :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

I booked our 12/20/01 3 day Wonder cruise ~ 11/25/00 (yes, a little more than a year out). We were in a category 12 cabin(what can I say, I'm cheap!) and had our room assigned at the time of booking (#2517). I had my hopes up for a free upgrade, but when our documents arrived ~ 4 weeks before our cruise, our cabin number was still the same. I was perfectly fine with it though. When we were checking in at the port, the woman who was helping us said "Do you know that your cabin number has changed?" My husband and I looked at each other and started grinning! We were upgraded to a category 9 cabin!! We had a huge window and the famous split bath (great for getting ready). I had heard that booking early may help in getting a free upgrade. We're very anxious to go again (DCL was our first cruise ever) and would like to go with a group of friends. We just have to decide on a date and book early!! Good luck.

Thanks for the reply dznynut! Your info. was good news to me. We're totally hooked too and keep trying to talk friends and relatives into joining us as well. We leave on our second DC on Saturday (our first seven-day cruise) and we have another land/sea already booked for October - but with the $99 coupons, we'll probably rearrange that trip. I'm actually worried that we will love the seven-day so much that we won't want to do the shorter cruises any longer - then we will need to hit the lottery or something!!!:D :D :D

I'm very jealous of you lucky January cruisers! That $99 deal is right up my alley. We did the 3 day since it was our first time, but I'm sure we could "tolerate" the 4 or 7 day one. My husband and I do not normally buy lottery tickets, but today he bought 5. He won $7 on the first and third tickets. We were one number away from winning $1,700 on the fifth ticket. He said "If we had won $1,700 I see another Disney Cruise in our very near future!" I'm glad he loved the cruise as much as I did. Our biggest obstacle is planning one around our son's (6th grade) school schedule. He's a straight A student, but I hate dealing with makeup work when we get back. Have a great time on your cruise and book a $99 special for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter