Cabin Questions

niccic

Mouseketeer
I booked my vacation for a inside deluxe stateroom. When i got my confirmation papers it showed my room as GUAR or GTY. I did some research and one one of the site i was on said you wont know your stateroom until you check in on the day of your cruise. So my question is has anyone else has this and how was your experience? did you get a good room? were you upgraded? any infor would be great.......

niccic said:
I booked my vacation for a inside deluxe stateroom. When i got my confirmation papers it showed my room as GUAR or GTY. I did some research and one one of the site i was on said you wont know your stateroom until you check in on the day of your cruise. So my question is has anyone else has this and how was your experience? did you get a good room? were you upgraded? any infor would be great.......

The GTY simply means that, although you have not be assigned a specific stateroom you are open for an upgrade during the great stateroom shuffle that takes place before the cruise...It also means you will not be assigned to a stateroom in a category below what you have paid for....

I booked a GTY CAT 11 and we were upgraded to a 10 on deck 2. We really liked the room, and the 2 bathrooms. We found out when we got our paperwork and luggage tags, a few weeks before the cruise.

If you have your reservation number, you can go to the DCL website, do your advance check-in and see if they have your cabin number. We booked GTY and were upgraded from a Cat6 to Cat 5. However, we requested mid-ship and were given aft-way aft, the very last room. We cruise on the 14th and I'll let you know how it is. Everyone on these boards says aft is best on deck 7, so we'll see.

I would wager that bet that you'll receive an upgrade prior to sailing, maybe when you receive your cruise docs in the mail! Sending lots of pixie dust your way!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

We had a Gty. Cat. 6 - I kept checking my reservation to see what my cabin would be - it was just listed today cabin #7024.

Hoping this is a great cabin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts