Cabin #5688 reviews

Irishtink1205

Earning My Ears
We were unaware of the size of the balcony when we booked the cruise. We now know that it's quite smaller. Of course the price wasn't. :eek:
Can someone give us their input about their stay in that cabin?

Thanks Much!!

have you checked the FAQ/sticky at the top of the page for any cabin reviews? i assume you mean a verandah - not sure what kind of info you mean as to size? you might check the ship maps/etc found through linkw above as well?

HTH - good luck!:thumbsup2

We were unaware of the size of the balcony when we booked the cruise. We now know that it's quite smaller. Of course the price wasn't. :eek:
Can someone give us their input about their stay in that cabin?

Thanks Much!!

Is this one of the Navigator Verandas? If it is, I've had them twice. They are very nice and are also private. What specifics are you looking for?

There is a review of this cabin on another board (not sure if I'm allowed to list the site here, so you might google "Disney Dream cabin 5688" to read it :cutie:)

The gist of that review is that the reviewer says in their opinion:

because of the small balcony size they advise do not pay the 6B price for this particular cabin, as an upgrade it would be OK

balcony is only about 24 sq ft rather than the 43 sq ft listed in the specs

no chair, no table, only a 4 ft straight up and down bench bolted to the floor - they tried to sit side by side and put their feet up on the solid portion of the wall (24" H), but it wasn't comfortable, or had to bring a room chair outside to sit on. They even unbolted the bench and tried turning it around different ways and used the extra pillows inside to try and pad the back!

on the right side of the cabin there is a crew workspace with a smoke smell and a pressure washer that splashed up on them and the deck

They tried but couldn't change cabins as the ship was full. ;)

Pros were that the cabin itself was wonderful, at the end of dead end hall so no noise, connecting room but no noise from next cabin, very little noise from Evolution, but again, they end with "In closing, although 5688 has nice points, this is a stateroom to avoid unless it is an upgrade."

JMO I'd try and switch ASAP if possible :goodvibes

We booked 5188 on the Fantasy for next year, but upgraded when I read the reports on the same stateroom on the Dream earlier this year. :eek: FYI - 5688 & 5188 are apparently almost identical - one is port side the other is starboard.

The CM didn't seem at all surprised when I told him why I wanted to change staterooms.

I found a picture of the 5188 verandah online and thought I would add it in case other DISers have booked either of these cabins - better to know exactly what you're getting before being surprised when you get onboard, kwim? :goodvibes

10qf6de.jpg

It's not just DCL - these look a lot like one of these verandahs on a Celebrity ship that other cruisers were disappointed with:

oti255.jpg

2rz89s9.jpg

The person talking about this balcony said beside the small size, there was a window in an adjoining suite that directly overlooked them - thankfully the people in the suite closed their blinds on that window so they could at least go out there without feeling that someone was constantly watching them :)

Good to know that Celebrity now advises that these particular cabins have reduced size verandahs.....

Seahunt - thanks for posting the pics.

I saw a similar photo a few months ago and that is what forced us to upgrade our reservation. We will now have a regular verandah and can't wait for March to roll around so we can sit out looking at the ocean. :goodvibes

I know this is an old thread but I'm so glad I found it. I almost booked it until I saw the photo. They really should be specific on their website what exactly you're getting when you book this. (undersized vs. obstructed view).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter