Cabana?

It's depends on your personal definition of "worth" lol. We absolutely loved it! We loved the privacy and having a comfortable and cool place to go to to hang out, sleep, eat etc.It was our best day on CC and we have been there before, and our cruise was a double dip.

I would only book one for the price they are charging if it included booze. which it doesn't.

First time cruisers, wandering if the cabanas are worth the money for the day.

Short answer... Yes, they are worth it...

You're problem is that as a first time cruiser, your likelihood of getting one isn't very good. Very few, if any, are left by the time the Gold Castaway Club members finish their online registration period and those few aren't likely to get through the Silver CC members registration period. If you find one available during the 1st timer registration period, grab it. You can always cancel it before you get to the island if you find it too pricey. If they are sold out online, you can get put on a waitlist on the ship, but the waitlist is 1st come, 1st served and it is on the ship, so depending on when you board, you may be low on that list as well.

Short answer... Yes, they are worth it...

You're problem is that as a first time cruiser, your likelihood of getting one isn't very good. Very few, if any, are left by the time the Gold Castaway Club members finish their online registration period and those few aren't likely to get through the Silver CC members registration period. If you find one available during the 1st timer registration period, grab it. You can always cancel it before you get to the island if you find it too pricey. If they are sold out online, you can get put on a waitlist on the ship, but the waitlist is 1st come, 1st served and it is on the ship, so depending on when you board, you may be low on that list as well.

Yeah, that's what is happening to us right now. We're 1st timer and we want one, but by the time we were able to do online, all cabanas were booked. So, hoping to get on the waitlist when boarding.

Yeah, that's what is happening to us right now. We're 1st timer and we want one, but by the time we were able to do online, all cabanas were booked. So, hoping to get on the waitlist when boarding.

Keep checking the excursion page! We were first timers, and I just happened to find a cabana had opened up one day when I checked the website!

For a FIRST TIME cruiser to Castaway Cay, I would have to say no.
There are a lot of things to see and do on the island, and you're going to want to see them, rather than stay in one spot all day.

For just one family, I think the cost is outrageous. If you had another family or two to split the cost, then it would be worth it.

First time cruiser also, noticed you get a hammock and an overhang cover, is there sun to tan or enjoy the sun at the cabanas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!