Cabana rentals and weather like this week...

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kmermaid, May 17, 2018.

1. kmermaid

kmermaid DIS Veteran

I am up in the NE and like Florida we have been having rain everyday. I arrive at VGF on Saturday and have a couple of days of pool time with a cabana rental lined up. Now I am trying to figure out if Sunday and Tuesday are going to be worth the cost of having the cabana. The weather casts reads online:

Sunday: Thunderstorms likely and 80% chance of rain - Does that mean rain all day or just the typical thunderstorm to be expected in the afternoon?

Tuesday: Again 80% chance of rain listed and thunderstorms.

Any locals out there that can give some insight and WWYD?

Summer2018 likes this.
  2. teacher31

teacher31 DIS Veteran

We are here now and only doing water parks. Went Tuesday - Thursday and it’s been perfect until around 2 at least everyday. We avoided all rain on Tuesday with a brief evening sprinkle, Wednesday the same and only a bit of a longer rain last night. We come this time every year and we were even concerned with the weather. We shouldn’t have been. If only do a cabana if you’re up for it. Not necessary because the weather really isn’t that bad.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. kmermaid

kmermaid DIS Veteran

Thank you for your reply teacher31. So the rain has not been constant, correct? And the temps are still very warm, just really no sun?

5. writerguyfl

writerguyfl DIS Veteran

My preferred weather website is Intellicast because it shows the chance of precipitation by hour. This graphic is for Lake Buena Vista (the closest "city" to Walt Disney World) from now through next Wednesday:

[​IMG]
    Link to site for Lake Buena Vista: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USFL0149

The higher those blue peaks are to 100%, the higher the chance of rain for that time period. Also, it's worth noting the estimated percentage of rainfall for the day.

That said, forecast can change drastically. I'm in Fort Lauderdale. This past Tuesday, we were forecasted to get almost two inches of rain. I rearranged plans so that I wouldn't be out in the rain. But, the rain never materialized and we basically just got nothing except a few short showers in the late afternoon.

6. teacher31

teacher31 DIS Veteran

Rain has not been constant, mostly overcast with periods of sunshine. It’s warm but not miserably hot. Enjoy!

7. kmermaid

kmermaid DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated!