Cab Ride cost from Disney Hotel to Airport and Back

crazyj4488

DIS Veteran
Does any1 know the round about cost of a cab ride to the airport from a DIsney hotel? I'm sick of Mears and am renting a car for the first two days of the trip...I was thinking of cabbing it back to the airport though.

My friend and I took a cab last May and what a mistake!! The cost actually ended up more than when we hired a car company. The fare was $49.50 each way, plus we had to pay the tolls (3 or 4 bucks, I can't remember), plus the tip. We still had to wait at least 20 minutes for the cab, even though they are right at the curb. They dispatch them in some kind of order and we had to wait for the "right" driver. Not only that, but the driver was very rude, and impossible to understand when he spoke. It took a few minutes for us to realize he was asking for $$ when we were at the toll booth! I would strongly recommend hiring a car company. We used Murray Hill the last two times we went and they were awesome. The driver was waiting for us at the baggage area, with a sign with our name on it. He carried all our luggage right from the baggage belt to the car, loaded it, then unloaded it at the hotel. Very friendly, pleasant drivers both times. At check out, the driver was waiting at the front of the hotel and came and loaded our luggage as soon as he saw us walk out the door, unloaded at the airport, etc. Very, very nice way to go, and was only $85 round trip plus tip (and no tolls!!)

The cab will run you about $50 each way--for that same price you could have a luxurious towncar that will meet you on your schedule, drive you in comfort, and even stop for groceries if you'd like.

We've had good luck with Tiffany Towncar and Southern Elegance Limo--I know the Tiffany Towncar website has a coupon, and I think Southern Elegance does too.

I will never take a cab in Orlando to and from the airport again. Its just too expensive. Next time we will for sure be using a Town Car service. I planned our trip so carefully and I let the transportation slip through the cracks. Oh well, live and learn.

Cabs are overpriced and cramped. For the same price reserve towncar service only one way and it willbe about $50 before tip. When are you going? Can you use the free travel from airport to room starting sometime in May?

Wow...thanks for the info guys...I will be at WDW April 23-30. I am only needing a one way trip back to the Airport from POR since I will have a rental car the frist two days of my trip...breaking off one day to goto Universal Studios (never been and always wanted to check it out - not going to IOA - not really into roller coasters - hope I am making the right choice).

I will look into all these companies you all suggested and find the best deal...again, thanks sooo much for this.

I'm kinda glad I'm not taking the free service or Mears this year...I'm pretty sick of the crowds and the extra wait time for stops and the early leave requirement. I am kinda interested to hear how bad / good that Magic Express deal is going to turn out. I'm thinking good for the budget traveller but not for my picky self ; ) Wow, I'm all grown up and can actually afford to splurge a little bit on my trip this time around. Hehe!

The price also depends on the hotel as some are further
I think you will need to budget 60 each way to be safe
I paid 55 from a Magic Kingdom Hotel without tip
there are a lot of Town car services that are about the same
it is a fixed price an a nicer car so you are better off
if you search the internet you will find a lot of car services that can be booked in advance.
Book waht you feel comfortable with as no one can predict the service although i have never has a probelm with the ones I used and yo can sometimes get a good deal on private cab cars like 35 each way
good luck

Okay, here's the deal....I was, originally, going to rent a car for the first two days of the trip so I could goto Universal for one day. I was going to take my Alamo rental back to the Disney Car Care Center and then was looking for an alternate way to get back to the airport at the end of the week....hence my post about cab fare. I priced private transport and with tips and such I figured I would have paid out arpund $55 to $60 to get to the airport. If you add that to my 2 day car rental which ran $60, I was looking at $120.

Soooo...

I went to Mousesavers.com to price some discounts on renting a car the entire week just to figure out the difference I would be paying. I ended up with a National Rental Car for the entire 7 days of my trip for just over $100!!!! This even includes the Emerald Club membership which is supposed to cost $50. The Emerald Club gives you access to the Emerald Aisle service. This lets you walk right to the rental lot and pick your own car...no lines....you just take off and go. Mousesavers has posted a way to get your hands on this awesome membership meant for corporate travellers and companies for FREE!

Last thing...this is for a standard size car as well...not a dinky compact. What a deal!! Just over $100 for a standard auto for 7 days!!! Thank you Mousesavers!!!

Thanks again for your help...I was, at least, able to go over all my options and find the best thing.

-J

I've never taken a cab in Orlando, but I highly recommend Tiffany Town Car. I've used a few different town car services and Tiffany has always been the most reliable. They have a coupon on their website I think. The "grocery stop" on the way to your resort is pretty convenient as well.

I was planning on taking Mears or a cab to and from the airport (staying offsite) but now I am thinking that a towncar might be more reasonable. I will be alone because my friends are driving down and back from North Carolina. What is the cheapest I could find a towncar for (roundtrip)?

We always take cabs in Orlando. We find them efficient and easy to get at the airport. Never had to wait for one. Just make sure to use the taxi cab stand on the arrivals level. Sometimes private cab drivers will try to hustle you to use their vehicles. We stick to the taxi stand.
We used a towncar service on a couple of occasions and hated the uncertainty of them showing up or not. The last time we used a Tiffany Towncar the driver was an hour late and his behavior towards us was inappropriate. The TT return driver complained the our driver who picked us up in Orlando stole his fare. Not our problem. After the nonsense with both drivers we decided to stick with cabs. Other drivers have kinda rolled their eyes when we needed them for early flights. We are International passengers so we get to the airport 3 hours prior. When we want to go to the airport it is much easier flagging one on our schedule than negotiating a pick up time.

Epcotfan-know what you mean, TT left us stranded. Ended up taking a cab back to the airport-made our flight 15 mins before boarding started. Not my idea of a good time.

I've used Happy Limousine - much nicer than a cab. A town car would cost about the same or less than the cab. If you use code OPT1277, I think you can get $5.00 off round trip service.

Expensive cabs! We were stuck at MCO last month when our flight home was canceled. We had already turned in our rental car. The airport Hyatt was full as was all the shuttled "airport" hotels.
We found a room at a hotel near Universal.....12 miles from the airport I believe. Anyway, it was $40. one way!! ugh
Never again.

I always take a cab between MCO and WDW when I am travelling solo. It's about $50 (tolls included). I can leave when I feel like it, without prior arrangement.

The problem is that Orlando cabs are VERY loosly regulated. I was there for a convention a few years ago and after hearing some of the "horror" stories....No WAY will I get in a cab in Orlando. One guy complained to the "regulatory" authority who told him that doing there was nothing wrong with the cab driver adding on about $10 in "surcharges" for a short ride, etc.... One guy got charged about $100 from the airport to the Swan.... The cab got on I-4 where a major accident had slowed the interstate... this was AFTER the person asked to go via 417 and was told the interstate was quicker, yeah... the meter runs while you sit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter