CAA discounted tickets question

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
I want to buy my hoppers for DL tomorrow. Flight Center wanted my dates of travel for the vouchers but I haven't nailed down a date yet.....and they wanted a $75 per person for any changes. Yikes! Has anyone bought the discounted tickets at CAA?

I want to buy my hoppers for DL tomorrow. Flight Center wanted my dates of travel for the vouchers but I haven't nailed down a date yet.....and they wanted a $75 per person for any changes. Yikes! Has anyone bought the discounted tickets at CAA?

FOLLOWING THIS THREAD:

and adding a few of my own questions and adding my 2 cents worth :-)

====================================================

Hi!!

My Questions:

1) Are you strictly only interested in Park Hopper Tickets from Flight Centre?

2) If you are buying "Park Tickets Only" did the Rep explain why you needed to "nail down" dates in order to buy Park Tickets?

I can understand the need for definitive dates if a "package" were being purchased but not in the case of "ticket only" purchase.

Reason: I'm "assuming" tickets (and thereby the Exchange Voucher) would be valid until Dec. 31, 2017 if you're buying them now.
I "assumed" that there was "freedom" to exchange the voucher "at any time" prior to the Dec. 31, 2017 expiration date since that's the ticket expiration date.

Is this "assumption" incorrect?

3) Exchange Voucher: does the Exchange Voucher have a limited validity date?
Example: valid for "x" amount of time before they expire and become invalid for ticket exchange?
In this case, I see why it's important to "nail down" travel dates.

4) $75 per person change fee: What kind of changes would Flight Centre be making to Park Ticket purchases (especially ones requiring a $75 change fee)?

==========================================================================================

My 2 cents worth:

I called Flight Centre today and asked for 5 Day Park Hopper quotes. Rep asked for my dates and I said "July" and she used a "random" date in July. For 5 Day Park Hopper I was quoted: CAD$317 (Adult) & CAD$302 (Child). I do NOT know if these prices would change depending on the number of tickets purchased (in my case I would buy 3 Adult + 2 Child so 5 tickets in total).

Rep did not mention anything about a $75 per person change fee ... maybe because I was asking for a "quote" and not actually "buying" at that time? I find that $75 per person change fee (if it's for Ticket Only Purchase) very strange! I suggest calling again and speaking with another Rep just to "confirm" the info you were given.

I also called BCAA (province of BC) and was told the following (I have NOT actually bought tickets from BCAA):

* BCAA website lists prices of Park Tickets in USD

* at time of purchase USD is converted to CAD using CIBC's posted daily foreign exchange rate = this means that the ticket price will fluctuate daily as the daily foreign exchange rate fluctuates which is why you need to call and speak with a Rep (no online ticket purchase). Rep quoted "higher" prices!

* do NOT need to be a member of BCAA to buy Park tickets from BCAA

I also called Travel Best Bets. Tickets prices were "slightly" lower BUT there's a "Booking Fee" (about $30 per adult NOT sure how much, if any, for child). Anyway, tickets (NOT including Booking Fee) for 5 Day Park Hopper were as shown here: CAD$313 (Adult) & CAD$299 (Child).

Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance to those who can help answer my questions listed above. :-)

I was actually signing the contract in their office. When she asked me to initial the $75 change fee, I told her that I don't gave hard dates yet and Dec 20 might not be the first day in the park. I would have to call them back and the change fee would be charged. I thanked her for her time and left. I am calling my CAA office tomorrow. Has anyone else had to give travel dates for DL. WDW might be different.

Last edited:
I was actually signing the contract in their office. When she asked me to initial the $75 change fee, I told her that I don't gave hard dates yet and Dec 20 might not be the first day in the park. I would have to call them back and the change fee would be charged. I thanked her for her time and left. I am calling my CAA office tomorrow. Has anyone else had to give travel dates for DL. WDW might be different.

THANKS for update. Good luck with your CAA office tomorrow!

Again ... weird that you need to sign off on $75 change fee per person in order to buy Park Tickets? Don't understand rationale for that UNLESS Vouchers (which need to be exchanged for tickets once you arrive at the Parks) have a limited validity period SO maybe the change fee is to change to validity period of the voucher? Again ... guessing here! NOT based on real experience!

FYI ... Just wrote update on the "Disneyland" forum under "Pay CANADIAN dollars for Disneyland Tickets" if you want to check out what else I learned in my research. Good luck!! :-)

Did you buy your tkts for Disney land at CAA? They told me they don't offer the 25% off tkt deal?

Did you buy your tkts for Disney land at CAA? They told me they don't offer the 25% off tkt deal?

Hi ... I don't know what CAA office you use but in BC they offer Canadian Discounted Tickets.

Here's the link:

https://www.bcaa.com/trip-planning/trip-planning-tools/disneyland-tickets

NOTE: you must CALL the 1-800 number to buy the tickets. They cannot be bought online OR at the office locations.

Also, I did an update of my research re: buying tickets in CANADIAN dollars.

Here's the link to my posting on the Disneyland Forum.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pay-canadian-dollars-for-disneyland-tickets.3580035/

My post explains how CAA and a couple of other places charge for tickets in Canadian Dollars. However, I suggest you call and speak to a Rep from where you are to see what they can do for you. I found that CAA (BCAA) cost was higher due to the exchange rate they used (the day I called it wasn't very favourable since they use a fluctuating exchange rate ... guess this is the reason you need to call and speak with a CAA Rep to determine your actual cost of tickets).

Good luck!! AND ...

REMINDER: Canadian 25% Discount expires soon ... February 28, 2017 is the deadline date!! :-)

I got my tickets Saturday. $979 CDN for 5 day Disneyland hoppers. They are vouchers but do not need to be exchanged. Take them to the gate and they will give me tickets in exchange for the remainder of my days. No names, no dates required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts