Bye-bye Under 3 Free!!!

bdklein

DIS Veteran
For food, at least. No word on tickets. That's what I have been told from someone in the know.

There wll be a charge for those under 3 at all buffets and all you can eat type shows and meals like Ohana.

There will be no charge for sharing of food from plate at pay-per-food ordered at TS or QS restaurants-just like now.

For food, at least. No word on tickets. That's what I have been told from someone in the know.

There wll be a charge for those under 3 at all buffets and all you can eat type shows and meals like Ohana.

There will be no charge for sharing of food from plate at pay-per-food ordered at TS or QS restaurants-just like now.

As a father of 2 boys under the age of 2 with a trip planned next May, I'll be keeping an eye on this. This will be below the belt if it's true.

Way to turn off your guests Disney.

It's not Disney's fault. It's the change in Guest Demographic. Disney gets scammed every day on kids who could pass for 2 years and 11 months when they are really free. Just like Guest Assistance Cards, this was a courtesy (yes, I know GAC's aren't a courtesy but rather a "reasonable accommodation") that is being abused by a small number of Guests, but recently has seen a spike in disputes over a child's age (as Disney has been pressuring GAC's to be used for their true purpose - disabilities that may be NON-apparent and aren't able to be accommodated by other means such as wheelchairs or ECV's). How does Disney ensure fairness to ALL Guests with young children while still dealing with scammers, liars, and thieves?

It's unfortunate that honest people are suffering thanks to it, but this is the result in a change of society, and how Disney chooses to react to it.

It's not Disney's fault. It's the change in Guest Demographic. Disney gets scammed every day on kids who could pass for 2 years and 11 months when they are really free. Just like Guest Assistance Cards, this was a courtesy (yes, I know GAC's aren't a courtesy but rather a "reasonable accommodation") that is being abused by a small number of Guests, but recently has seen a spike in disputes over a child's age (as Disney has been pressuring GAC's to be used for their true purpose - disabilities that may be NON-apparent and aren't able to be accommodated by other means such as wheelchairs or ECV's). How does Disney ensure fairness to ALL Guests with young children while still dealing with scammers, liars, and thieves?

It's unfortunate that honest people are suffering thanks to it, but this is the result in a change of society, and how Disney chooses to react to it.

Agreed. Blame your neighbors, blame your co-workers, blame your in-laws. It is Disney adapting to our culture, not Disney trying to bend everyone over.

I too agree with the last two posters.

The plus side though would be that you can add the dining plan for those kiddos (and hopefully it would be a little cheaper than 3-9) which makes it easier all the way around to cover their meals.

I would think that the regular meal charge (without the dining plan) would be pretty cheap but I guess that remains to be seen if this actually goes into effect.

~Thanks for sharing, but I don't buy it. Disney would have to charge two year olds for admission because of how the dining plan is structured with ticket purchases and I haven't seen any indication of that happening. Again, thanks for sharing what you've heard. We'll see. :goodvibes

Only applies to buffets so it really shouldn't be too much of a burden. Cost is not known but I imagine it would be pretty low.

As others have said, as more bad apples try to scam the system to get more free stuff these types of controls are put into place to make everyone play honest. Just a sign of the times.

Between the amount of food that goes in the trash as well as the prices they charge Disney is not losing money on those under 3 being free at all you can eat places. The amount of food they bring to the table for a family style meal is usually more than we can eat esp at hoop dee doo. I always feel bad leaving so much food to go to waste.

If they do start charging it will take away the incentive to go while the kids are that young. I know for myself if I had to pay while my kids were that young I would have waited. We are waiting to take our first cruise due to the price they would charge for our 2 year old.

The amount of food they bring to the table for a family style meal is usually more than we can eat esp at hoop dee doo. I always feel bad leaving so much food to go to waste.

And we asked for more at HDDR-I think chicken, ribs, cornbread, mashed potatoes, beans, and the dessert. We must be pigs. Lol.

With the theme park industry, though, it's not always about the money. I could see this being about fairness -- Ensuring that all Guests receive the same kinds of consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if ticket changed too, including toddlers. I have seen parents argue that their (clearly) six year old child was under 3. What can Disney do? Require proof of age that the parents would never present?
Disney needs to make sure that if I have to pay for my three year old, so does the table next to me. I'm fine with paying for an infant if that means no Guests can weasel their way into some form of preference.

With the theme park industry, though, it's not always about the money. I could see this being about fairness -- Ensuring that all Guests receive the same kinds of consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if ticket changed too, including toddlers. I have seen parents argue that their (clearly) six year old child was under 3. What can Disney do? Require proof of age that the parents would never present?
Disney needs to make sure that if I have to pay for my three year old, so does the table next to me. I'm fine with paying for an infant if that means no Guests can weasel their way into some form of preference.

Don't some airlines require proof of age when children get in free? Like a birth certificate? I'd happy to carry around a copy with me to not have to pay because someone next to me is skirting the rules.

I don't think Disney is honestly that worried about being "fair" with anything though. Personally I think its just another way for them to get another dollar.

Don't some airlines require proof of age when children get in free? Like a birth certificate? I'd happy to carry around a copy with me to not have to pay because someone next to me is skirting the rules.

I don't think Disney is honestly that worried about being "fair" with anything though. Personally I think its just another way for them to get another dollar.

Disney is not an airline, though. How does Disney maintain their Guest-oriented approach without being overbearing in policies? Also, Disney hosts hundred of thousands of international each year. Most of these Guests are uneducated and book through a travel agent -- and we all know that travel agents always give their Guests accurate, complete information.
How does Disney maintain who it is in a new age? Finding a better solution that accommodates everyone.

Disney is not an airline, though. How does Disney maintain their Guest-oriented approach without being overbearing in policies? Also, Disney hosts hundred of thousands of international each year. Most of these Guests are uneducated and book through a travel agent -- and we all know that travel agents always give their Guests accurate, complete information.
How does Disney maintain who it is in a new age? Finding a better solution that accommodates everyone.

It's not my responsibility that someone else isnt following the rules, so why should I be punished to pay because of actions of others? That's not my problem, that's Disney's. By making it "my problem", Disney is passing the buck and taking money from the people that are actually following the rules.

It's not my responsibility that someone else isnt following the rules, so why should I be punished to pay because of actions of others? That's not my problem, that's Disney's. By making it "my problem", Disney is passing the buck and taking money from the people that are actually following the rules.

No offense but...get out much?? There are all sorts of rules and policies put in place to control the few that abuse the system to the detremit of the many. Disney would be no different in that regard if this comes to pass.

No offense but...get out much?? There are all sorts of rules and policies put in place to control the few that abuse the system to the detremit of the many. Disney would be no different in that regard if this comes to pass.

Oh ok, so I should just shut up and pay. Got it.

Some of you are such Disney's apologists, you just can't stand it when someone disagrees with Disney on something.

I can't possibly imagine that the under 3 crowd could be costing Disney that much money at buffets. When I pay $35+ for an adult buffet I'm imagining they are more than making up for what my 2 yr old can eat.

I spoke to my "friend" and apparently I misinterpreted what was said. Scratch this one.

Oh ok, so I should just shut up and pay. Got it.

Some of you are such Disney's apologists, you just can't stand it when someone disagrees with Disney on something.
~LOL. I didn't read it that way, they just seem okay with the changes. The poster described actual events that have occurred in the past -- for example, the $10 ADR reservation fee. But, the "rumor" is not true anyway. Also, "shut up and pay" is impossible because you speak with your wallet -- money talks and unfortunately, this is the only message Disney "gets."

~I've certainly expressed my discontent with some of the changes I've noticed at WDW -- but I also know if I book another WDW vacation, I am condoning their actions, and contribute to what I perceive to be the "problem." Simply put, we all have a choice to accept Disney's terms or not. :goodvibes

I spoke to my "friend" and apparently I misinterpreted what was said. Scratch this one.
~LOL. :rotfl2: This is awesome! Anyway, thanks so much for the update and if your "friend" has any more info -- please don't hesitate to share! :goodvibes

Oh darn, there goes the idea of claiming my friend's 6yo daughter is just a verbally gifted and very coordinated two year old that is big for her age at the buffets. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter