BWV. Where to stay?!

pauliewog

Earning My Ears
I have been reading so many opinions on where to stay at BWV. Preferred or garden View. Any opinions from the Mickey Crowd? I've never been there and can't wait!! I am going to be getting a One Bedroom so I'm really excited!! Can't wait!

I have been reading so many opinions on where to stay at BWV. Preferred or garden View. Any opinions from the Mickey Crowd? I've never been there and can't wait!! I am going to be getting a One Bedroom so I'm really excited!! Can't wait!

Boardwalk view is pretty cool..

Pool/garden is facing either the main pool or the quiet pool or the garden area at the end near the Swan. Boardwalk view is a separate category, not part of pool/garden.

Any walking problems? Some of the rooms are quite a distance from the elevator. I always request top floor, it's more quiet.

DebbieB said:
Pool/garden is facing either the main pool or the quiet pool or the garden area at the end near the Swan. Boardwalk view is a separate category, not part of pool/garden.

Any walking problems? Some of the rooms are quite a distance from the elevator. I always request top floor, it's more quiet.

No walking problems. I hear they only have one elevator. If we request up high do they normally give it to you? I read its bright and loud facing boardwalk.

No walking problems. I hear they only have one elevator. If we request up high do they normally give it to you? I read its bright and loud facing boardwalk.

Yes, one elevator but there are steps you can use on the ends. I usually get 3rd or 4th floor. If you have pool/garden reserved, you will not face the boardwalk with a 1 bedroom. There are some studios that face the lawn area on the boardwalk side that are pool/garden.

DebbieB said:
Yes, one elevator but there are steps you can use on the ends. I usually get 3rd or 4th floor. If you have pool/garden reserved, you will not face the boardwalk with a 1 bedroom. There are some studios that face the lawn area on the boardwalk side that are pool/garden.

I'm on the look out for points to rent. The studios are already booked for August! So one bedroom it is!

We own points at BWV and have stayed all over there.

BW views can be noisy, but the views are great.

Main pool views are fun but can be noisy.

Quiet Pool views are our favorite. That area is usually quiet.

Garden views aren't anything special but OK. Some are way at the end of the complex, a long walk, Most are facing the courtyard between the pool and the Boardwalk.

The second floor has the Lobby, the First floor is pool and outdoor level. There is only one bank of 3 elevators near the lobby.

ParrotBill said:
We own points at BWV and have stayed all over there.

BW views can be noisy, but the views are great.

Main pool views are fun but can be noisy.

Quiet Pool views are our favorite. That area is usually quiet.

Garden views aren't anything special but OK. Some are way at the end of the complex, a long walk, Most are facing the courtyard between the pool and the Boardwalk.

The second floor has the Lobby, the First floor is pool and outdoor level. There is only one bank of 3 elevators near the lobby.

Great info! Thank you!!

We stayed in a spot two years ago that was inward facing, and we had a balcony that was the size of a small bedroom. It was HUGE. I wish I could find the picture.

Just found the photo. How about that for a balcony!
5981348790_fbda6c8680.jpg

http://www.yesterland.com/views.html
This website has pictures with the views from the balconies. You can request a specific room. I usually give them my top 5 choices in order. Think about where you want to go to and look at the layout- pool? Epcot? Hollywood Studios?
My opinion: Boardwalk view as well.

Timandalicia said:
This website has pictures with the views from the balconies. You can request a specific room. I usually give them my top 5 choices in order. Think about where you want to go to and look at the layout- pool? Epcot? Hollywood Studios?

You rock! Thank you! I love those pics!

You have to remember what view you booked. If you booked pool/garden, you can't have a boardwalk or Epcot view.

If you request a boardwalk view please do ask for something higher than second floor. We were given a second floor studio and had a view of a balcony wall. It was quite high - probably about four feet - and the only way to see over it was to walk right up to it. Also, it made the room seem quite dark. Now, that's not what I call a boardwalk view - that what I call a wall view. I was so angry and disappointed. After about three days we were moved to almost the same position but one floor up. We did not find it noisy. We were there for the last two weeks of October.

It is a situation that Disney would be damned if they did and damned if they did not. The room was just above Big River Grille and the wall was there as a noise barrier. But by my reasoning we should not have had to "pay" points for a boardwalk view.

We have stayed there before as we are DVC members. I believe if you get a 1BR it will be in the villas and not the regular resort. They are attached so its not a big deal.

I am not sure if you can get a water view from the villas that you will be able to see the lake and the boardwalk across the lake.

It most likely would be a view of the pool.

Don't take my word on that but I am pretty sure.

IMO the water view isn't great to see across the lake as the resort sits back further than the BW resort does.

If you want a 1br and want a good view, I would say try the BWV boardwalkview

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter