BWV...What an AWESOME resort!!! (Pictures added)

Thanks for your post!

We added on at BWV in December, can't wait for our first trip to BWV in Oct 2006.

Thanks for the great photo I used it as my background on my computer. Just the fix I needed.

We bought a BWV resale last fall. Haven't been able to go since we bought in. The problem is we arent going until December! I can't wait! Your picture looks great - loved the towel animal! We are trying to go this August with friends - they can't give us their vacation dates yet. When we get the dates I guess we will stay wherever they have availability, I am sure the chances will be small but I am hoping to stay at "home" for the first time!

Glad your vacation was wonderful!

Glad you had a great trip! We're staying at BCV for our Disney honeymoon in September. You say this was better than staying at the Inn in a regular guest room? Are these rooms that much nicer? Thanks!!

superdiz said:
Glad you had a great trip! We're staying at BCV for our Disney honeymoon in September. You say this was better than staying at the Inn in a regular guest room? Are these rooms that much nicer? Thanks!!

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding and honeymoon!

Click Here for a link to a very interesting thread asking that very same question. In post #27 I list some specifics on why I liked the studio we stayed in and in post #11 I mention why it'd be hard for me to stay in anything but DVC accomodations.

What size unit are you guys staying in at BCV? I really liked that resort, too. It's great that it's so close to EPCOT's International Gateway and not too far from the boardwalk. It's a very pretty resort.

In regards to are the rooms "nicer." That just depends on what you're comparing it to. As the above thread mentions, some DVC rooms seem more worn than regular deluxe rooms, but the benefits outweigh the wear in my opinion.

And yes, I felt the studio was much nicer than our BW Inn room, mainly for the reasons listed in the other thread. We had double beds in the Inn room and back then we didn't even have a mini-fridge in the room. Nowhere to store left-overs or ice cream bars. Even if I had left-overs, I had nowhere to heat them. I, personally, didn't feel that the decorations in the Inn room were any nicer than the decorations in the studio.

I think you'll be able to relax more and feel more at ease on your honeymoon in DVC accomodations, especially if you're staying in a 1br.

Congrats again and have a great trip!

Wonderful trip report and pictures! :thumbsup2

I was thinking of staying at the VWL for our first trip to WDW, but now you have me seriously considering BWV. Hmmmmm... :rotfl:

disney-super-mom said:
I was thinking of staying at the VWL for our first trip to WDW, but now you have me seriously considering BWV. Hmmmmm... :rotfl:
Although I've never stayed in the villas at WL, I have stayed at the WL twice and LOVE it too. For different reasons. The themeing of WL is my favorite of all of the WDW resorts. It's also DH's favorite resort as well. However, EPCOT is our favorite park and that makes the EPCOT resorts more convenient for us.

I think either resort is wonderful and doubt you could wrong staying at either one. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

Brer_Mike said:
the towel animals are a great...i stayed at wlv about a year ago and they made us something new every day for the whole two week trip :thumbsup2

We've never had towel animals while staying at BCV and OKW. Do all mousekeeping at VWL and BWV do that?

Scotch said:
We've never had towel animals while staying at BCV and OKW. Do all mousekeeping at VWL and BWV do that?

well i left a pretty generous tip, and actually what had happened was they overbooked the villas when we got there so they gave us a super nice room in the resort side, so maybe it was special treatment?....they also let us do the flag raising one day that week! :cool2:

Thanks for the pics and report...can't wait to stay at BWV for the first time in Sept!! :teeth:

J and R's mom said:
We stayed in a dedicated studio with a boardwalk view. AWESOME room and view!

We stayed in room #4029. It was a dedicated studio. !

We were one floor down and a few doors over in room 3013 - directly over the awning to Bg River. We wer ethere from 2/3 until 2/11 :) I love this resort as well!!

The screen over at ESPN club was HUGE!!!! Dh was sitting on the balcony trying to watch it - aparently a huge screen yards and yards away is better than a small screen 3 feet in front of you @@ :rotfl:

Here was our view!
DisneyWorld2006001.jpg

MQuara said:
We were one floor down and a few doors over in room 3013 - directly over the awning to Bg River. We wer ethere from 2/3 until 2/11 :) I love this resort as well!!
That's SO neat that we were there at the same time. I LOVE your picture!

If you saw a little 2.5 year old girl dressed in a Snow White dress running around the Boardwalk, that was us!

wow--can't believe I have 3 months to wait til we go to BWV--we have a 2 bed-room for the first time with preferred view and hoping for a boardwalk view--did you think it was noisy? I like views but peace and quite too...I'm not asking alot am I :}

You are so lucky to get a towel animal too--I've stayed on site 5 years in a row and NEVER had one....:{ just on our cruise..

Glad you had a great time!

TEXASPRINCESSES said:
wow--can't believe I have 3 months to wait til we go to BWV--we have a 2 bed-room for the first time with preferred view and hoping for a boardwalk view--did you think it was noisy? I like views but peace and quite too...I'm not asking alot am I :}

You are so lucky to get a towel animal too--I've stayed on site 5 years in a row and NEVER had one....:{ just on our cruise..

I noticed that you are "hoping for a boardwalk view." The Boardwalk views are a specific reservation. If you have one, it would say on the ressie. You can waitlist for one.

Bobbi :)

We had a guaranteed Boardwalk View. The preferred view rooms look out on the pools or the canal, but the landscaping is so nice around there that you will most likely have an excellent view.
Thanks for the report J & R's MOm......amazing to get such a fantastic Boardwalk view on such short notice ! We had a preferred view a couple years back and got the valet parking lot....so not every PV is a good one. But yours looks wonderful. I guess it's just luck of the draw ! Glad you had a nice stay :thumbsup2

Scotch says ; We've never had towel animals while staying at BCV and OKW. Do all mousekeeping at VWL and BWV do that?
We have always gotten towel animals at OKW. Here's a pic from this past August (our most recent stay) :
f00501d6.jpg

Funny thing though...we did not get a towel animal at BWV during our Aug 2003 stay. I guess Mousekeeping sometimes forgets ?

MiaSRN62 said:
Thanks for the report J & R's MOm......amazing to get such a fantastic Boardwalk view on such short notice ! We had a preferred view a couple years back and got the valet parking lot....so not every PV is a good one. But yours looks wonderful. I guess it's just luck of the draw ! Glad you had a nice stay :thumbsup2

There are 3 categories at the BW - Standard, Preferred and Boardwalk - it's not luck of the draw anymore - it's a guaranteed BW view room if that's what you book - I believe it's been that way for a few years now.

Thanks MQuara. I appreciate it. I was aware of the BW guaranteed view. I was specifically told I'd get a PV, I just didn't expect a valet parking lot to be the primary view with that. We still had a nice stay......will just know to request a pool view next time, because I think ours was either a garden or water view (we had a glimpse of the canal below us). The main pool view looked very nice to me.

TEXASPRINCESSES said:

Honestly, I didn't find the boardwalk view to be all that noisy. HOWEVER, I bring along a small air purifier (a $20 one from Walmart) and plug it in while we nap or sleep. The fan from the purifier helps block out the noises from the boardwalk and the halls.

My dd took a nap on arrival day and we didn't have our luggage yet, (so no air purifier) and the noise from the boardwalk games (bells, happy families yelling when they won, etc.) could be heard in our room. It didn't wake dd up, but it did wake me up. That was about 4pm, though. They close the games down at night (not sure what time, probably around 10pm or so) so it won't be a problem when sleeping at night.

I was THRILLED about the towel animal. It was the first one in all of my previous trips.

P.S. We're from Texas, too! Oh yeah, and you might want to request a quiet pool view incase your waitlist for boardwalk view doesn't come about. A parking lot view on preferred view points would really frustrate me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!