BWV Standard View Experiences?

nezy

DIS Veteran
I usually book a garden/pool view but I am looking at a standard view to save points. What "views" have people had with the standard view? I am thinking it is the wing that faces the driveway entrance to the Boardwalk and the parking lot?

How is the view? Is it noisy? Is it sunny or shady? Is it far from elevators and lobby and pool?

Basically is it worth it to pay the extra points for the garden view?

Thank you.

View= mixed, mostly trees or parking lot.
Noisy= yes, if you get near the driveway.
Far from elevators= if near driveway view, not so far. If the back parking lot, it's a looooong way.

We actually like the standard view rooms as far from the main entrance as possible. Don't really care about the view, and like being closer to DHS when we walk there. For some reason we feel much closer to DHS, but don't really feel like EPCOT is really that much further away.

View= mixed, mostly trees or parking lot.
Noisy= yes, if you get near the driveway.
Far from elevators= if near driveway view, not so far. If the back parking lot, it's a looooong way.

Is there an access to exit via a stairway?

Yes, there are stairs. We usually stay SV to save points. If you like nice view, you probably won't want to stay standard. Picture the driveway from the entrance down to the tennis courts. That is the view.

If you are far away from elevators, you could get a nice view of the pond, and see some nice birds.

We try to always book early and also SV to save points...ask for the pond area...its quiet and you can exit thur doors instead of thur the lobby...

I much prefer the standard view to the pool/garden view. Mine has never been noisy. I've always been down the hallway facing the bus stop. But there's a big lawn in front of me, and trees nearby. At night I've always been able to see the Epcot fireworks.

On our last trip our SV 1br was about half way down the main entrance, so we didn't have noise from the entrance and our view wasn't all that bad. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, so the view didn't actually matter that much though.

We have stayed SV many times and BW view about 5 or 6 times in the past 20 years. The walk from the elevators for the BW view rooms we have usually been assigned has been as long or longer than our typical SV, although in February we (finally) scored a BW view room that was located over the main entrance into the Screen Door.

We have only stayed SV in our ten years as BWV owners. We also prefer down by the pond but it is quite the haul.
The rooms above the portico are convenient but noisy; bring earplugs if that is your choice.

I just stayed in a standard view studio back in April. We were two doors from the very end of the hallway and from our balcony saw straight into trees. If we looked to the far right, we could see a bit of the walkway to the studios and water next to it. To the far left was a bit of a view of the water and fountain out front of the resort. We liked the room. It was very quiet and a quick walk to the studios. I previously stayed in a standard view that was right near the front entrance and to the side of bell services and it was quite noisy.

I just stayed in a standard view studio back in April. We were two doors from the very end of the hallway and from our balcony saw straight into trees. If we looked to the far right, we could see a bit of the walkway to the studios and water next to it. To the far left was a bit of a view of the water and fountain out front of the resort. We liked the room. It was very quiet and a quick walk to the studios. I previously stayed in a standard view that was right near the front entrance and to the side of bell services and it was quite noisy.

We have stayed SV many times and BW view about 5 or 6 times in the past 20 years. The walk from the elevators for the BW view rooms we have usually been assigned has been as long or longer than our typical SV, although in February we (finally) scored a BW view room that was located over the main entrance into the Screen Door.
Last Feb. we stayed in that location. When the porch door was open it was noisy from the boat and the people on the Boardwalk. I actually didn't mind. What I didn't like was that the porch had a full wall that was a bit high. I couldn't sit on the deck and people watch!

Ask for opposite tennis courts, high room if you want quiet. Stopped there last year and was great Pond in front. Come out of room turn left, I had 10 steps to stairwell to exit to HWS path. Turn right out of room and there was a door to the stairwell on left that brought you out near pool. There was also a stairwell on the right on the corridor that brought you out opposite bus stop.
A longer walk to lobby lifts does not bother me as I like quiet, so I request to be far from lifts.

If you ask for near the elevators, you may be right above the ME cages, they start rattling around 6 a.m. I've stayed in that area, the advantage was I could see the high Epcot fireworks so a bit of a trade off. If you stay down the end of the hall you might get one of the corner rooms. I had a really large corner room last time, it was a dedicated 1 bedroom with a huge balcony looking over the walkway with a pond beyond the walkway. I wouldn't pay the extra points for a pool/garden view if I can help it, it was quiet, but the balcony I had was completely blocked by a huge tree. Sorry I don't remember the room numbers. These days I book early and I aim for a Boardwalk view. More points, but totally worth it.

We have found the view from the standards to be fine. There is a lot of activity (people watching!) and if you are far down enough you can hear the fountain in the pond which masks most of the road noise. Our very first DVC stay was over bell services and it was really loud - made us doubt our purchase. We were newbies then :)

We usually get a view of the buses. We don't mind being down the hallway cause it's all that much closer to DHS (if you use the stairs). It's not too far from the community hall either.

As for sun etc. we've only ever been when it's raining. lol

Ask for opposite tennis courts, high room if you want quiet. Stopped there last year and was great Pond in front. Come out of room turn left, I had 10 steps to stairwell to exit to HWS path. Turn right out of room and there was a door to the stairwell on left that brought you out near pool. There was also a stairwell on the right on the corridor that brought you out opposite bus stop.
A longer walk to lobby lifts does not bother me as I like quiet, so I request to be far from lifts.
Thanks for the tip! That sounds pretty good. Just have to walk through the lobby to get to EPCOT!

Thanks for the tip! That sounds pretty good. Just have to walk through the lobby to get to EPCOT!
This is a video of that exact area room so you can see view. This is a 2 bed lockoff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter