BWV Standard room re***mendation

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
Hi my friends are a family of five going to BWV in mid-November and this is there first time at Disney. We booked them a 1 Bedroom Standard room way back at 11 months and now I realized that we never put any kind of room request (other than Non-smoking, which doesn't seem to be an issue anymore).

So I was wondering what would be a good request for them. They have three small children and I was thinking close to elevator, but not even sure if you can do that with a Standard View. Is there anywhere I can look at the layout of the BWV to see what is classified standard.

Any other advice for them? Thanks!

If you want to request close to elevator so they wouldn't be dragging the kids down a mile worth of hallway , go ahead. When you start down the hallway first room after the elevator on the right starts the standard rooms. All the rooms looking out on the Resort driveway are standard.

With small kids you will want to def. request near the elevator. Even as an adult it was all I could do to drag myself to my room at night - which truthfully was the very LAST room down the very LONG hall.

If they willl have a stroller, I would ask for the 1st floor so they can by-pass the elevator. 2nd floor is on the lobby level and also can get you access to the bus stop without using the elevator, but you will need to go down one floor to get to the boat dock on the Boardwalk to MGM and Epcot.

We requested a high floor and received 2nd floor and felt it was a great location. -- Suzanne

If they willl have a stroller, I would ask for the 1st floor so they can by-pass the elevator. 2nd floor is on the lobby level and also can get you access to the bus stop without using the elevator, but you will need to go down one floor to get to the boat dock on the Boardwalk to MGM and Epcot.

We requested a high floor and received 2nd floor and felt it was a great location. -- Suzanne

I am a little confused. I stayed there but we were on the fifth floor so I don't think I noticed which floor the boat dock was on. Are you saying that Checkin is actually the
2nd floor for the rooms? So if I walk from the checkin desk I could walk right to the room? I know Checkin desk is same level as buses. Now to get to the boat dock or the pool I would have to get in the elevator and go down one. Is that correct? Thanks!

I am a little confused. I stayed there but we were on the fifth floor so I don't think I noticed which floor the boat dock was on. Are you saying that Checkin is actually the
2nd floor for the rooms? So if I walk from the checkin desk I could walk right to the room? I know Checkin desk is same level as buses. Now to get to the boat dock or the pool I would have to get in the elevator and go down one. Is that correct? Thanks!

A little confusing at first, but check-in is on the 2nd floor and to get to the Boardwalk you can either take the stairs outside the lobby or take the elevator to the first floor and walk outside.

The last two times we stayed at BWV was with our son who is a toddler. We never had an issue with the rooms we were in, as far as proximity to the elevator (the last trip, which we just got back from) we were in the first group of rooms closest to the elevators, and our view was of the boardwalk below (third floor). Last year we were on the second floor, and our room was a little farther, but it was not too bad. My experience with booking the room has always been positive in regard to explaining having a child. They are usually quite accomodating.

I got a std view room near the elevator at BWV last December. My mom had just had knee surgery and I didn't know if she was going to use a scooter. We literally had the closest studio to the elevator on the 3rd floor.

The only issue I had was that EVERYONE is walking past your room, and many of them don't use their inside voices. You might ask them their preference on this.

When we stayed at BWVs on spring break, I also had a std view (1 bedroom this time). I requested end of hallway, and figured they'd honor it since no one seems to want that. Well, we were about 2/3 of the way down the hall (just past the first split), and we still heard a fair amount of hallway noise. But since we had a 1 bedroom, it wasn't as big a deal because we weren't right by the door when we were sleeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!