BWV room type ?

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
When I booked our stay at BWV for next month, I chose the "preferred" view. However, when I received our confirmation, it states "pool/garden" view. I know this is a stupid question, but is that the same thing? I've seen so many people mention a "boardwalk" view, and that's what I had hoped to get. But I wasn't sure if that would happen since we're listed for a "pool/garden" view. Either way, I'm sure we'll be happy no matter what the view is!

There are 3 view categories at the BWV, BW view, standard view, and pool/ garden view. BW and pool / garden view are the same points so obviously the BW views are taken first. The standard views are also hard to get because of the significant point savings.

On our last trip our p/g view was of the canal facing the Swan. It was very nice. We are going in November, I am waitlisted for a BW view but currently have a p/g view.

There are 3 view categories at the BWV, BW view, standard view, and pool/ garden view. BW and pool / garden view are the same points so obviously the BW views are taken first. The standard views are also hard to get because of the significant point savings.

On our last trip our p/g view was of the canal facing the Swan. It was very nice. We are going in November, I am waitlisted for a BW view but currently have a p/g view.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I had no idea that there were 3 view types. I just assumed that Preferred and BW were the same.

Thank you again!:)

When you request "preferred view" (vs "boardwalk view"), I think they assume pool/garden. You may want to call back to see if a boardwalk view is available, you could waitlist if not.

we just returned on Wednesday - we had a pool/garden view and were given a room on the village green. We were facing the Epcot ball, could see (and hear) the boat dock, and some of the Boardwalk. The location was nice, but a little too active for us. We like our serenity when we are on the balcony at night, and this was a little loud. People use the green to let their little ones burn off energy before trying to get them to sleep for the night I guess. Every night while we were there there was always no less than 30 people running around, yelling, and shouting till almost midnight. We were on the top floor and could still hear everyone carrying on. While this was not for us, our "neighbors" loved it! In the past we have had quiet pool and canal views, which we now know to request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!