BWV room -- do they give a choice and what to choose?

gopherit

I'm not in the book, you know.
Wondering if the CMs at BWV are giving folks at check-in any "choices" of room or pretty much just saying "Here ya go" and deciding for them.

Secondly -- we are getting a 2br std view. We requested NS med reasons, upper floor, non-HC. Mainly, that expresses not what we want, but only what we DON'T want! (No S room, no ground floor, and no HC room). We'd be ok with anything from lobby level up. Our party includes fairly spry 30-something adults, along with their kids, youngest being 8 mos. My question -- if we WERE given a choice, what should we choose?!? Close to elevator (for the sake of the kids)? Lobby level? (to make it easier on stroller-baby?) Far-end and upper floor? (better fireworks viewing) Far end lower floor (closer to stairwell and MGM)? I am leaning towards asking for a lobby-level simply to avoid the elevator all together. Is lobby level noisier than an upper floor? (And lobby level is 2nd floor right? Or am I nutso?) If the view at 2nd floor isn't much different than 4th floor, it might save some time and be nice to have same-floor access, but if 2nd floor is much noisier in contrast, well, no thanks. Peace wins over # of paces!

THANKS!

We've stayed in a lobby level 2 bedroom standard view - it was not nosiy - at least not noticibly more noisy than any other room we've stayed in at BWV. The lobby made no difference.

I think you will find that most bothersome noise at the BWV comes from other people in the hallways - especially excited children who tend to run and adults who do not realize how much their voices carry. (Think late at night and imagine a group returning from an evening at JellyRolls or PI).

If you really want quiet, request a room as far away from the elevators as possible. There will be much less hallway traffic. Since you are in a 2 bedroom, your neighbors will have to be really loud for them to bother you and since you can't control that, I never worry about it.

Yes, 2nd floor is lobby level. It is convenient if you are traveling with strollers, ECVs or wheelchairs.

We prefer an upper floor across from the bus stop (pretty good views of IllumiNations) and lately have loved the rooms by the tennis courts. These last overlook the pond (and valet parking lot) and some have a view of the ToT and portions of Fantasmic fireworks. They are close to MGM walkway and about as far as you can get from the elevators.

To tell you the truth, we've found something to love about every standard view room we've been assigned. (Haven't stayed in any preferred view rooms yet). A few times, I was even very relieved NOT to have gotten what I requested (due to contstruction). I've learned that as long as the room is N/S, I will be a happy vacationer.

All the rooms have pros and cons, but mostly pros!

Have fun!

Just a word of warning, with the exception of No Smoking other "no" requests can sometimes be seen by a harried room assigner without the "no". For example, they just see "handicap", "low floor". MS advised me of this problem. The
"no handicap" is especially problematic because very few people add that request since the likelihood of getting a handicap room iso slim. Room assigners are used to seeing "handicap" only when it's something people want.

I've stayed at BWV 5 times and have never been given a choice of rooms at check-in, they were already assigned.

One time we checked in at 10:00am (we stayed at Boardwalk Inn the night before), the standard view room was already assigned. I asked if it was upper floor as requested, they said no, first floor. I asked if anything else was available, they did find a 4th floor room but said it wouldn't have much of a view. Turned out to be a perfect view, right across from the bus stop, we could see the fireworks from Illuminations!

You don't need to 'stew' about getting a HC room. There aren't any standard-view HC rooms. Everyone wanting a HC unit has to pay preferred view points.

Mary Ellen are you sure - out very first trip was standard view first floor handicapped near the elevators??????

it might have been preferred - but I don't remember it being of the swimming pool but the drive up to the BW.

DB (also a BWV DVC owner) requires a HA room. SIL talks to 'special' area of MS to assure the type of room they need (roll-in shower). This area that specializes in HA rooms of MS has informed them that there are NO HA std. view rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!