BWV Refillable Mugs

WDWfantasy

WDW Fanatic
I thought I read on here a few days ago that BWV now has the refillable mugs with FREE refills. Anyone know if this is true? According to WDWIG they still show that you pay for both the mug and the refills at the Bakery. I think the post that I saw mentioned Leaping Horse Libations. Thanks.

We were just at the Boardwalk the first week of March. They do have the refillable mugs. We purchased ours at the bakery and refilled it there and at Leaping Horse Libations by the pool. Refills are free. Several years ago, they were refilled for a minimal charge.

Yeah and your old mug works. Not selfserv

OOHH this IS good news... I remember when the first report came that the fee was eliminated (.79 per refill), but this is the first time I think I've seen it mentioned since!! It's perfect for us, as we'll be there in November...

We also got free refills at the Bakery and the pizza window (can't remember the name). I've heard you can also get refills in the Belleview Room. We were there in Feb.

We were there 2 weeks ago and we were able to get refills at Boardwalk Bakery, Seashore Sweets, Spoodles Pizza Window, and Leaping Horse Libations (pool bar). We were so excited that they were now free and we definitely drank our moneys worth!!

How much is the mug? When they were charging for the refills I think they were approximately $4.00 (but other resorts with free refills were double that).

I believe I paid $10.95 for the refillable mug at WLV last week. Unfortunately there is only one place at WLV to get a refill.

You got that right DVCDAVE! It is a long walk to get a refill at VWL. I told them I would do an addon if they would put coffee and sodas in the Villas somewhere!:)

I kind of made the best of things, and got up early every morning, grabbed the mug and told my wife I was going for a 'walk' . I went over to Roaring Forks, got a breakfast sandwich, and a full refill on my mug of coffee, and relaxed at a table for a while, then started my trek back to our villa. I did that every morning, and quite enjoyed the walk.

It was fun to watch everyone at that hour. I have concluded there are three types of people up at that wee hours. CM's doing the morining roumds and chores, early birds like me who wake up at 6 AM weather on vacation or at work and love the relaxing atmosphere, and the park comandos who are wolfing down breakfast with a map in their face plotting their assult on the parks, and don't want to waste a minute of their stay.

And me and my three year old who couldn't sleep letting Dad sleep in until 7:00. He was up at 5:30 on our first morning, and we put miles on exploring the lodge. We were up and downstairs before Roaring Forks opened.

Does anybody know where else they have the free-refill-mug system? I know they have it at BC & VWL, and I think I heard someone lament that they don't have it at OKW.

And I assume we can reuse the mugs from previous visits?? And they are all about $10? (On the cruise, they were $15!)

They have the refillable mugs at all resorts except OKW I believe... and you must have gone on the 3 day cruise because I about died when I asked for two on our 7 day cruise and got a bill for $70!!!!!!!! Must charge $5 a day..... I am bringing back those mugs on our next 7 day cruise too and they BETTER let me use them............

OKW has mugs, you just have to pay to get them refilled, much like BWV used to be.

Originally posted by disneydawn6
Must charge $5 a day..... I am bringing back those mugs on our next 7 day cruise too and they BETTER let me use them............

While it is somewhat ambigulous and subject to debate as to whether Disney lets you use your resort mugs forever (Disney officially has said no, most CM's say yes) on the cruise they are quite clear about their refillable mug policy. It is indeed $5/day, which means that you cannot bring your mug back for use on subsequent cruises.

Sorry to break the bad news :(.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter