BWV or SSR Treehouses?

makthompson

DIS Veteran
I've stayed at the Boardwalk Resort before , but in the regular rooms before we were members...I have stayed at SSR in a 2 bedroom and we really liked it. This time we will be traveling with a lot more family so we are looking at either......
2- 3bedroom Treehouse Villas
OR
2- 2bedroom Boardwalk Villas

there will be 8 adults and 3 or 4 children..for some reason the GrandVilla for 12 would be ideal, but the points are more than if we get 2-2bedrrom or 2-3bedrooms...

children will be ages 1, 8,12 and 12.

What are your thoughts and where would you stay??

Unless you own at SSR, I don't think that you will be able to get 2 treehouses and, if you did, they probably wouldn't be next to each other. I would go with the 2 2-bedrooms at BWV. You may not be in close proximity, but you will be in the same building. You can request for them to be close, but it's never guaranteed.

The BWV's are very centrally located, so different groups of people can run back to the resort in a short time from DHS or Epcot (by boat or by walking). And the bus service to AK and MK has been good any time that we've been there. The boardwalk at night is also a lot of fun for families and we love the Boardwalk Bakery and ESPN Club. There is also a mini-golf right across from the Swan and Dolphin that is a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!

Terri

In that case, make a reservation for the THV at 11 months out. Then if you can change it at 7 months out, do so. Otherwise, you'll still have something you really want if you can't change your reservation.

Have a great trip.

DEPENDING ON TIME OF YEAR IT WILL BE HARD TO GET THV. WE HAVE SSR SO WE CAN BOOK 11 MONTH TIME SLOT. YOU BETTER GET ON PHONE AT 9am THE DAY OF 11 MONTH TIME SLOT OR YOU WILL PROBABLY MISS THV.

ok, thank you all for your reply's. I did call member services and they said that the Treehouses arent even in the SSR section...you have to get there by boat...I thought that was weird....they did say that we can book 2 at the same time : ) I think we will do that and then possibly switch them out to the Boardwalk.
Has anyone stayed at the THV before? It sounds like we would have to take a boat to SSR then go to the bus stop there...is this correct?

ok, thank you all for your reply's. I did call member services and they said that the Treehouses arent even in the SSR section...you have to get there by boat...I thought that was weird....they did say that we can book 2 at the same time : ) I think we will do that and then possibly switch them out to the Boardwalk.
Has anyone stayed at the THV before? It sounds like we would have to take a boat to SSR then go to the bus stop there...is this correct?

You don't have to get there by boat. You got a CM who doesn't know much. You can walk from near the Grandstand area or if you have a car, you can drive one of your cars (if you have more than one) and park at your THV. You can take a bus from the THV over to the Grandstand or walk over to the Grandstand to get to the themeparks.

It is true that the THV are in a separate section of SSR, but they still are part of SSR. Kind of like how Congress Park is a different section from the Springs.

Book the THVs ASAP, then you have time to change your mind. I'm surprised to hear the GV points are higher than 2 THs or 2-2brs...never needed to compare. I did stay in a GV at SSR in Nov 2008. OMG! It was amazing! We were in Congress Park-great view and easy walk to DTD. Keep in mind you won't have one large area to "hang out" or eat together in the THs or 2brs. The huge dining table and big "family room" at the GV was awesome to have with our group of 10. (Don't want to confuse, just something to think about.)

Book the THVs ASAP, then you have time to change your mind. I'm surprised to hear the GV points are higher than 2 THs or 2-2brs...never needed to compare. I did stay in a GV at SSR in Nov 2008. OMG! It was amazing! We were in Congress Park-great view and easy walk to DTD. Keep in mind you won't have one large area to "hang out" or eat together in the THs or 2brs. The huge dining table and big "family room" at the GV was awesome to have with our group of 10. (Don't want to confuse, just something to think about.)

for 2011 the 2bd or THV are 285 each which for 2 for 1 week is 570. the GV for 1 week is 603..33pts difference.

at BWV 2 bd is 280/313 and the GV is 675..so even if you get the B/P view you save 49 pts..

we thought about the GV, but 1/2 the group is only staying 5 nights and the other half 10 nights. Plus one group is doing DDP and the other is not. so anyway you look at it 2 rooms will be the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter