BWV or OKW 1 br

owl0306

Mouseketeer
I cannot decide between location or a much larger 1 br villa. The price is only $103 difference for both nights. The OKW 1 br looks huge, it is almost 1000 sq ft. But location location location. WWYD? BWV looks a little "beat up" is this true for any recent stayers? BWI was gorgeous but BWV I do not know

I cannot decide between location or a much larger 1 br villa. The price is only $103 difference for both nights. The OKW 1 br looks huge, it is almost 1000 sq ft. But location location location. WWYD? BWV looks a little "beat up" is this true for any recent stayers? BWI was gorgeous but BWV I do not know

DVC resorts are not "beat up". BWV was totally refurbished about three years ago. Refurbishments at DVC resorts are paid for by the members, so they don't get done on the same frequency as the hotels and they don't change much in the look like they do in the hotels.

If you want to be able to go easily to Epcot or DHS, stay at OKW. If you want to spend a little time relaxing away from all the noise, book OKW and enjoy sitting out on the porch.

did not find it beat up at all.

bwv does see more guests that okw - but that goes with the great location.

you can walk (or boat) to both Epcot and Studios.

OKW is great too. you can walk, boat or bus to DD. OKW is bus transportation only to the parks. with BWV the parks you can't walk to are also bus only.

so the MK, AK and DD are bus only with bwv. Now you can walk thru Epcot to ride the monorail to TTC then transfer to the MK monorail. to do this you would need a park hopper ticket.

now if you want more room - OKW is pretty wonderfully - they now have laminate flooring in the livingroom area. the bedrooms still have carpet.
full size washer/dryer (bwv has the stackable type) an ice maker in the refrigerator - bwv request you to go to the ice machine.

now if you have a problem with steps both are bad choices. OKW except for building 62-64 does not have elevators. BWV has elevators but only in one location. So steps can be needed for both places. at bwv steps will save you alot of time.

really i was just at saratoga and it was beyond beat. the fridge had rust all along the bottom and there was so much mildow/mold on the curtains out to the balcony that i was refunded a lot of money. i have pic on my phone if you do not believe that dvc is beat up

Both BWV or OKW would be good choices, but personally I would vote for BWV's because of the location. It is really nice to walk around the Boardwalk at night and watch the performers.

really i was just at saratoga and it was beyond beat. the fridge had rust all along the bottom and there was so much mildow/mold on the curtains out to the balcony that i was refunded a lot of money. i have pic on my phone if you do not believe that dvc is beat up

Did you notify maintenance before you left so they could fix the problem?

I would choose the BWV because of the location. We rented a 1 br in October and it was in nice condition.

part of that is Disney trying to save money - the auto shut off of the air conditioner - Florida is humidity by any standards - cutting off the air conditioner in that climate is going to cause all types of problems.
have recommend that they get a dehumidifier to at least stop some of this - but disney does not always listen to facts.

ssr has so many rooms that some will be empty long enough to have problems.

the busier the resort is the less this is likely to happen.

We love both - BWV for a busier, go go vacation and OKW for a more leisurely, hang at the pool vacation. Lots more walking at BWV, bus service at OKW has been great every time we've used them. We love South Pointe - quiet pool and bus stop nearby.

Both BWV or OKW would be good choices, but personally I would vote for BWV's because of the location. It is really nice to walk around the Boardwalk at night and watch the performers.

We just stayed at both this past October, with a Disney cruise sandwiched in between resorts stays. Both were in excellent shape :woohoo:. If we're looking to just kick back with a few visits to the parks, we'd go with OKW. If we're going to hit the parks BWV would be our choice, walking into the back of EPCOT is a breeze, & the Studios are are also with in walking distance. BWV also has a # of excellent dining popcorn:: options within walking distances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter