BWV - great memories?

yecats

Living to vacation.
I am not a DVC owner but have rented points for BWV for an upcoming trip in November. I am soooo excited to stay here (have tried various other Disney/non-Disney resorts) and would love to hear what you love about the resort. Also, how long does the slide at Luna Park stay open for?

Can't wait to read your responses.

love their room service....

this is a beautiful resort - if you are going around Thanksgiving - the lobby will be so beautiful decorates - as well as the courtyard outside the lobby....

the convenience to the BW for late night fun

easy access to Epcot/Studios

this is very helpful if you are during the wine/food festavial in early Nov. you can walk back to your room. Very Nice!!!!

what are you staying in?

At 10 pm (in the summer) the lifeguard makes everyone getout of the pool. I think the slide may close around 9 -- pretty views from the top of the slide. At 1005 pm after the lifeguard leaves everyone gets back into the pool.

Great memories:

Fresh pastries from the bakery in the am.

The quiet pool -- even my kids liked it better than Luna after the first day. Luna was too crowded.

Boardwalk in the evening.

Walking to Epcot to see Illuminations.

Most of all: just being at WDW.

You have picked my favorite resort at my favorite time of year so you are already betting 1000 for the start of your trip. I also have a large family trip at BWV Nov 26-Dec 5th. The pool stays open late but the slide closes as soon as the lifeguards are off duty and I've never notice how late that is. The location is great, the rooms are spacious, and well appointed. Staff is friendly. Use the valet parking it is so convenient and most of the time its a very short 5 min wait for your car. Highly recommend the New Todd English restaurant called The Blue Zoo over at the Dolphin for healthy grilled seafood dishes...alittle pricey but well worth it and less pricey than other WDW Fine dining choices.

Spoodles has a great breakfast menu if you want a sit down experience as opposed to takeout at the boardwalk bakery. For nightime fun, Jelly Rolls is a great time for those over 21. There is a cover charge. Probably the nicest thing about the BW is you can walk to nightly entertainment and fine dining or if you have young ones take in the BW entertainers nightly.

We just got back and the life guards don't even bother telling everyone to get out of the pool now. If you ask them they say the pool is open 24 hours but the slide closes and the lifeguards go off duty at 10:00 pm in the summer.

Lucky you! We recently returned from the BWV - I LOVED it! Okay why did I love it

1. You feel like you are in a different era - its a mood a feeling you get when you are there!

2. Sit in the lobby - the BW lobby is elegant yet comfortable.

3. The Keister Coaster pool slide - by far IMHO the best pool slide on WDW property!

4. Helpful staff, very friendly and professional!

5. The BW itself - lots of good eats and shopping right outside your door.

6. You can WALK to Epcot and MGM studios!

7. Your Balcony - use it!

I own DVC at VWL and OKW and LOVE OKW for its tropical tranquility but for the complete opposite reasons I love the Boardwalk - Its more old metropolitan feel -- ALWAYS something to do here yet you can just sit on the porch in a rocking chair and do nothing - the CHOICES at the BW are seemingly endless!

Sue:D

Boardwalk is my home and we love it!

Great memories...

...sitting out on the balcony our very first night overlooking the Boardwalk and over at Spaceship earth at Epcot.

...walking over to Epcot or over to MGM

...relaxing in the pool late at night after the crowds have gone (I'm not much for pools during the day).

...being able to walk to so many wonderful places to eat. We love the character breakfast at Cape May Buffet.

Just being at WDW!

I love the rugs in the hallway outside of the elevators. You will find hidden mickeys and some other "famous friends." My kids really like to look for them.

We also like to sit in the big chairs in the lobby, very relaxing and fun for people watching.

Love the ability to walk to MGM and Epcot, International Gateway is like heaven's gate - love it, love it, love it - it's great to walk through there after an evening of Illuminations while the majority of the cattle (oh, I mean crowd) herd there way to the front gate, I feel like a VIP :teeth: .

Enjoy your stay - I'll be at my home in 40+ days!

To Spiceycat, I am staying in a studio. Wish it could've been a 1bedroom but couldn't afford the points (2nd vacation this year) but am happy to just have a studio and be staying at the BWV. Also what did you order through room service and was it great.

Thank you for all your responses, sometimes its the littliest things that amaze me (like looking at the carpet for hidden characters). Keep the info. coming.

breakfast and dinner - both were excellent - very good food servers....

both were pretty good - but the breakfast was definitely better - of course I was awake for breakfast - and the dinner I was so tired - they actually had to wake me up to let them in with they deliver that dinner - I think it was just a hamburger - something to eat - I was just so tired.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter