BWI vs BC/YC

chica622

Mouseketeer
We are going back to WDW Dec 1-5 and booked using a bounce-back offer with the AKL. I have decided that while we love AKL it's really far away. We went last week for 7 days and 4 of those days we were at Epcot. It's just DH and me and I am torn as to which one to stay at. Is the walk far from BWI to the International Gateway?

The BWI is slightly further from IG than the BC and pretty similiar in distance from YC, but overall, the distance is very minor (less than a few minutes in terms of walking).

The distance from the lobby to IG (using Google Earth):
Beach Club: 0.28 miles (1475 feet)
Yacht Club: 0.42 miles (2200 feet)
Boardwalk: 0.37 miles (1980 feet)

Walk should be the deciding factor, as its really a wash. You will find rabid advocates of each Epcot resort. I am a YC fan. I regret picking the BWI over the BC on our last trip. No doubt someone else will have another combination that they enjoy....its all personal preference. Enjoy!

Personally I would say the walk from the Boardwalk to the International Gateway is only 5 minutes. Plus one advantage it has over the Yacht Club/Beach Club is that if you wanted to take the boat and not walk the International Gateway is the next stop. Finally when leaving Epcot over there once again should you not want to walk the Boardwalk is the first stop when the boat goes in the reverse order.

I would have to say that the walk from Boardwalk Inn in quite lovely and you will encounter fewer "Eggs":rotfl2: ......

Also, I think the rooms at the Boardwalk Inn are on closer to Epcot than the Villas, whereas the Beach Club Villas are closer to Epcot and the Beach Club Hotel rooms are further. :)

We are YC fans staying at BWI for the first time in a couple of weeks-- I can let you know then! Good luck with your decision. We made ours based on $$ this time, or we would have been back at YC. Hopefully we will be happy- I have heard plenty of good things.

Luckypup
GF 1989
YC 2009
BWI in 16 days!!
:yay:

I picked BC because of SAB, although in Dec, that may not be a factor! Also because it has The Marketplace inside the resort, and a place to refill my mug.
Again, if you don't get the mugs or care you have to go outside BWI to get breakfast or a snack, not a factor.
Also the theming of BC appealed to me. so I'd look at pics, and go with the theming that appeals to you.
I don't think either resort is a long walk to Epcot. We walked from DHS last Jan; to check out the resorts and decide which one to book for our Aug trip. We strolled thru BWI, BC & YC! It was fun checking them all out.

As others have said. The difference in walking distance should not be the determining factor. All great choices!

We stayed at BWV in March and loved being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. Both were an easy walk. Enjoy your trip.

We are going back to WDW Dec 1-5 and booked using a bounce-back offer with the AKL. I have decided that while we love AKL it's really far away. We went last week for 7 days and 4 of those days we were at Epcot. It's just DH and me and I am torn as to which one to stay at. Is the walk far from BWI to the International Gateway?

Our family has been to WDW 12 times and we have stayed at many resorts including AKL/AKV, BWI and BC(V). All trips have been with our DS, but this past late Jan we took our first trip sans the kid (who is now 17) and we stayed at BWI. DH and I agreed that BWI is our favorite resort to date, and is an especially great choice for adults. The Inn is small, and all of the room are fairly close to the lobby and have easy access to the Boardwalk. Our standard room was so pretty (DH did not complain it was too feminine) and was comfortable and super quiet. We were close to the quiet pool. BWI is a very quick walk to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. IMHO, you made a great choice by switching to BWI...enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter