BWI to HDDR????

vicb

DIS Veteran
If we decide to go to the HDDR show.... what is the easiest way to get there (and back) from the BWI?

I am not too thrilled with the idea of a long bus trip and will not have a rental car. I am not opposed to taxi... is taxi even possible?

For some reason I have it stuck in my head that it is a complicated matter to get to this show.

Lastly.... does it run all year? I'll be there in late Feb.

Thanks!:D

Head over to the Disney-MGM Studios, and catch the Fort Wilderness bus from there. It'll be at Bus stop #10. That bus will drop you right off at the Settlement Depot, which is where Pioneer Hall is.

An alternative is to take the MK Bus, and from there, catch the boat to Fort Wilderness. If you choose this route, and you happen to be the only people on the bus... mention to the driver that you are going to the HDDR... they might be able to take you directly there. :)

Our problem was not getting there but getting back. The parks were still open when we went so we had many options. But getting back to the Poly. was a whole different matter. It took forever and we had to do it in a thunderstorm. Take a taxi, I know we will next time.

If it weren't raining, it wouldn't be so hard. Catch the TTC bus, and then walk over to the Poly... however, being that it was raining, that might pose a problem with the walking part. (Unless you took the Monorail)

We went from the YC to Hoop de doo in August and took a taxi on the way there but they only drop you off at a certain point and you still have to catch a bus the rest of the way.

On the way back there were plenty of buses to all of the resorts. We went to the 7:15pm show.

I think it was harder getting there then coming back

josierac, what time (apx) did you leave YC for the 7:15 show? And are the buses to resorts direct or do they stop at many other resorts? Thanks.:D

Originally posted by vicb
josierac, what time (apx) did you leave YC for the 7:15 show? And are the buses to resorts direct or do they stop at many other resorts? Thanks.:D

We left at 5:45pm and we had about 35 minutes to kill once we arrived at Pioneer Hall. We alloted 1 hour and a little extra to get there.

The buses on the way home made the same stops that other buses going to the YC did. YC/BC/ Swan Dolphin and BW.

The bus wasn't filled so the bus driver actually announced the stops as they were coming up and asked if there was anyone that needed to get off there. There wasn't anyone on the bus for the S/D so she didn't even stop there at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter