BWI - Is it noisy?

Darian

DIS Veteran
DW wants to stay at the BWI this time around. I'm concerned about the noise coming up from the "water front" walkway with all the stores and such. If we have a water view room will it be a problem?

I'm a light sleeper and am concerned about revelers partying till the weee hours of the morning. I can barely handle the scary clown pool, but a noisy room is a deal breaker. Would a concierge room be more quiet? Generally the higher up a room is the more quiet it is.

Oh why did I mention that clown pool? I know he'll send tentacles made of his orange hair up to my room and drag me screaming back to the pool and drown me!!!! Forget all that. Please let me know about the noise level at the BWI. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the loss of composure back there.

We had a room at BWI far from the Boardwalk itself and heard no noise.

However, sitting on a balcony at the Beach Club, I could hear the din from all the festivities and cannot imagine that people with rooms above the Boardwalk itself wouldn't.

This really doesn't help you, does it?

The clown is evil and will suck you in to his nefarious calliope world. Stay out of the pool!

We had a room directly over the bakery and honestly weren't bothered by the noise especially with the door closed. The crowds seemed to disperse pretty quickly after Epcot and MGM closed. Within an hour it was pretty much deserted. The only thing I really noticed was those darned boat horns seemed to start pretty early in the morning.

As for the clown, at least if you are on the inn side he has to have a really long reach to get you in your room. :clown:

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:
The noise dies down early
I would say by 10 or 11 the BW is deserted... but you may get the occasionaly person who had one or two or three to many at on of the bars.......
Buy some ballons and fill them with water just in case
see if he can figure out where it came from

Cool-Beans said:
We had a room at BWI far from the Boardwalk itself and heard no noise.

However, sitting on a balcony at the Beach Club, I could hear the din from all the festivities and cannot imagine that people with rooms above the Boardwalk itself wouldn't.

This really doesn't help you, does it?

The clown is evil and will suck you in to his nefarious calliope world. Stay out of the pool!

Thanks for the clown help Cool-Beans. :lmao: The horror....

We had some weird garden view at the BC. We were on the concierge floor but it was a real nature hike to get to the lounge or elevators. Being out in the boondocks was nice and quiet though. At the YC we faced the water and were 3 doors from the lounge. Too much foot traffic and screaming kids at 6 am. Where's an assault rifle when you need it?

Anthony1971 said:
I would say by 10 or 11 the BW is deserted... but you may get the occasionaly person who had one or two or three to many at on of the bars.......

Anthony1971, A man after my own heart! But who says the balloons have to be filled with water? pirate: Arrrgh, fill 'em with something more noxious says I.

Thanks for the tip on noise level. Especially you, Dixie Luvr 98. Thats very helpful. And it is comforting to know the clown will have to stretch a long way to get me. I'll put a line of salt on the threshold for added protection.

Say, any of you folks stayed concierge at the BWI? How was the lounge? I thought the BC lounge was a little tiny dark cramped prison. Ugh.

I can confirm that the BW dies down pretty early. A water view on concierge could be right over the bakery, so I don't think concierge is necessarily quieter - although it is nicer!

One warning - last time we stayed at BW we had a room a couple of doors down from the elevator. Everytime the elevator came, we'd hear this annoying whoosh noise. it was mildly distracting, but we got used to it. For a light sleeper, this could be a problem, so you may want to ask to be away from the elevator.

Anthony1971 said:

:rotfl2: I am so glad that didn't occur to my sons while we were there. We did see two guys and two girls having a very hard time making it dwn the Boardwalk from the ESPN Club one night. Didn't help that the gals were in heels. I'm sure they would have had no idea where the balloons came from.

Darian said:
Anthony1971, A man after my own heart! But who says the balloons have to be filled with water? pirate: Arrrgh, fill 'em with something more noxious says I.

Thanks for the tip on noise level. Especially you, Dixie Luvr 98. Thats very helpful. And it is comforting to know the clown will have to stretch a long way to get me. I'll put a line of salt on the threshold for added protection.

Say, any of you folks stayed concierge at the BWI? How was the lounge? I thought the BC lounge was a little tiny dark cramped prison. Ugh.

The lounge was quite bright and not tiny though they did seem to have as much in there as would fit. The staff was great! Probably would have spent more time there but we were upgraded to concierge deluxe and wound up on the third floor with the lounge on the fourth. It was less convenient to walk down the hall to the elevator and back up the hall. (There is an opening between the third and fourth floors just outside the concierge lounge that was also very near our room on the third floor. My kids wanted to tie a rope to the railing and make a shortcut.)

Darian said:
The BWI lounge is bigger and brighter than the BC one. But it is basically the same food in all the lounges. Rice Krispies, generic popcorn, glass of wine.

The very irritating thing about BWI is that after you get off the elevator there is a locked door to get to the rooms. There is a desk there, but almost never is anyone actually sitting at it. So, if the door doesn't work, you have to call the lounge and wait for someone to come unlock it. 'Course, maybe that was just during our stay. They did finally prop it open.

And when we were to check in, there was nobody at the desk and nobody answering the phone, so we had to trudge back down and wait in line at the front desk. Would've been easier to just do that in the first place. At the Beach Club, it is pretty rare to not find someone at one of those two desks...and they were nicer, IMHO.

At the Beach Club, they have the park Times Guides for each park, not just the one with all the parks listed...Boardwalk didn't have those.

I prefer the Beach Club, but all-in-all, BWI was OK.

Our favorite resort! We had a concierge deluxe room on the 4th floor last year-same for this year! :cool1: No problems with noise whatsoever. We were above Seashore Sweets. Our first stay was in a reg room right by ESPN Club-the tune got a little annoying but again I would not trade the view for anything!!! :cloud9:

I stayed on the concierge level at BW a few years ago (right on the corner, I think above Flying Fish), and the only thing that I noticed noise wise was in the morning they played some "boardwalk" music that seemed to be from speakers right underneath our room. I can't recall what time the music started playing, but I probably slept in a little late from the night before! ;) BTW......I loved the concierge lounge..........it was so much better than the one at AKL.

mdhkitten said:
I stayed on the concierge level at BW a few years ago (right on the corner, I think above Flying Fish), and the only thing that I noticed noise wise was in the morning they played some "boardwalk" music that seemed to be from speakers right underneath our room. I can't recall what time the music started playing, but I probably slept in a little late from the night before! ;) BTW......I loved the concierge lounge..........it was so much better than the one at AKL.

Wow! I'm going to have to try the BW concierge! Thats high praise if its better than AKL's! The AKL had the magic espresso machine and all those exotic food offerings plus those african wines. I've heard that BW has the best of all concierges, excepting RPC at the GF.

As an aside, the conceirge at the Disneyland hotel served champagne and some nice caviar but my memory is a bit foggy on the caviar part. So don't quote me on that. But I am certain about the champagne. I ran into the lounge to speak with a concierge with a 3 inch long (no exageration) hissing cockroach that accosted me in the shower. I screamed like a child and then got angry and caught the thing and deposited it on the concierge desk. They opened a new bottle of champagne just for me... I was a bit under dressed... wearing only a towel and a bit agitated. Well hey, the bug surprised me in the shower. Ah those disney memories.....

I stayed in a room there this past Feb. It was in the concierge section and overlooked a garden. I did not notice any noise from other guests or from the outside. And the people two doors down from me were having a loud party all night but once I closed my door, I didn't hear it.

I've heard from people that the water view rooms are pretty quiet also, but I just didn't want to risk it, so I usually req a non water view.

Darian said:
I ran into the lounge to speak with a concierge with a 3 inch long (no exageration) hissing cockroach that accosted me in the shower. I screamed like a child and then got angry and caught the thing and deposited it on the concierge desk. They opened a new bottle of champagne just for me... I was a bit under dressed... wearing only a towel and a bit agitated. Well hey, the bug surprised me in the shower. Ah those disney memories.....

:lmao: OK, between this and the orange clown tentacles, you have made me laugh out loud twice today! Believe me, I really needed a laugh. :thanks:

FantasmicDreams said:
I stayed in a room there this past Feb. It was in the concierge section and overlooked a garden. I did not notice any noise from other guests or from the outside. And the people two doors down from me were having a loud party all night but once I closed my door, I didn't hear it.

I've heard from people that the water view rooms are pretty quiet also, but I just didn't want to risk it, so I usually req a non water view.

Thanks for the additional info about the noise. Its very helpful. Also, glad to be able to put a smile on your face today. That roach really, really did freak me out. Roaches aren't supposed to hiss. They are to quietly go crunch when you smash them.

Cool-Beans said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I hate clowns! :clown: :scared1:

I've only stayed in garden rooms at BWI, and they've been quiet. I was suprised how quiet it was the first time I stayed there; I thought the resort would be noisy.

We were just above jelly rolls and never herd a peep after we shut the door.

I'm so tired when we get to the resort it would be difficult to disturb me:earsboy:

Micca said:
I'm so tired when we get to the resort it would be difficult to disturb me:earsboy:

I sure wish that was the case with me. But I'm reassurred by all these reports of how quiet the place is with the doors shut. Elevator area excluded of course. DW did a walk through of the BW last time we stayed at the BC and she just loved the decor. She wasn't thrilled with the BC decorating, though I liked it. Being an old socal beach bum it was very welcoming to me. Now if they could only do something about the evil clown....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter