Buying WDW Can promo tix on expedia?

Colgal77

Mouseketeer
Has anyone bought their WDW tix on expedia.ca? You buy them in CAN$ and I am wondering if others have and what is there experience.

Thanks!

Did you have any issues (minus having to wait)? Our FP date is in about 2 weeks... just want to make sure that gives us enough time.

No other issues at all, I was able to make FP selections and it was really quick when I had to show our passports at the ticket booth before our first day.

I just bought our 4... now I guess I have to wait the email. Still 16 days out FP selection so fingers crossed! Will keep thread posted in case others want to go this route :)

UPDATE - I took the plunge and booked our tickets through expedia yesterday around noon. I received a confirmation from expedia very soon after (almost immediately) that included some questionable wording, like print your voucher and bring it will you to redeem. I had read other threads online and was hoping another email would be coming in a few days with a Disney confirmation to link tickets to MDE if not I was going to call.

This morning (so less than 24 hours after purchasing from expedia), I got 4 separate emails from noreply-disney@expedia.com with my Disney Confirmation number for each of my tickets. Email below.... I was able to link to MDE right away and experienced no issues. I saved about $48can in credit card foreign exchange fees buying them this way! So far, I am very pleased with this booking. Now the rest of my party is going to buy them this way. I will report if any further issues come forward.

Dear XXXXXX, Thank you for booking your Walt Disney World® Magic Your Way® tickets with Expedia. The Disney Theme Park Confirmation number listed above enables you to engage with Disney’s FastPass+. FastPass+ is a part of Disney’s MyMagic+ – a new way to make the most of your holiday.

MyMagic+ will unlock a new dimension of Disney magic and make your Walt Disney World holiday yours like never before. MyMagic+ gives you control of your holiday, making it easier than ever to enjoy every moment with family and friends.

Online Planning
Now that you have booked your Walt Disney World® tickets, you can use a new family of online tools providing recommendations to help you personalise your experience both at home and on the go.

FastPass+
For the first time ever, you’ll have the power to reserve access to experiences with Disney FastPass+ service, including selected attractions, shows, parades, Disney character meet and greets and more – before you even leave home! Disney FastPass+ service is included at no extra charge with Theme Park admission.
Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available windows are limited.

MagicBands
And then while you’re at Walt Disney World Resort, you can use the new MagicBand to connect to the choices you’ve made online. MagicBands are available to Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels.
To get started, simply visit StartYourDisneyExperience.com and complete the steps below.
Step 1
Register or Sign in to StartYourDisneyExperience.com

This will take you to the My Disney Experience website. Set up additional party members in the ‘Family and Friends’ section.
Step 2
Link Your Walt Disney World Ticket

Once you’re signed in to Once you’ve signed in toStartYourDisneyExperience.com, enter your Disney Ticket Confirmation. Your confirmation number is: XXXXXXXXXXX

To access Disney FastPass+ service, you’ll need to link a ticket to each member of your travel party aged three (3) or above.
(FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections Guests can make and arrival windows are limited.)

Please note: If you booked your tickets as part of a holiday package on Expedia for a selected Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you will have received a hotel confirmation number in a separate email immediately after you booked. Use this number to add your hotel reservation to My Disney Experience and customise your MagicBands.
Step 3
Select your FastPass+ Experiences
Step 4
Make Dining Reservations and Explore My Disney Experience, Including Online Check-in at Selected Disney Resort Hotels

Simply choose these options from My Disney Experience.
MyMagic+ connects your Walt Disney World holiday plans and allows you to enjoy each moment with family and friends!

Thanks for posting this information about buying tickets in Canadian dollars using Expedia. We went through CAA Eastern Ontario which charged us in $USD and didn't have any extra discount (exactly the same price as Disney website).

Thanks for posting this information about buying tickets in Canadian dollars using Expedia. We went through CAA Eastern Ontario which charged us in $USD and didn't have any extra discount (exactly the same price as Disney website).

No problem... I was holding my breathe for a while, but glad it all worked out. And hopefully others can save a bit even if its just the credit card fee buying this way. Better $ in my pocket then theirs :)

Probably my last update....
My party of 11 made 3 purchases this way through expedia for WDW tickets.

1) My purchase went as the info above stated. Waited approx 20 hrs from purchase and expedia confirmation email to get the disney emails with codes to link to MDE.
2) Next purchase went exactly as mine above... approx 20 hr wait to receive disney codes to put into MDE.
3) Last purchase was the same process except this time it took closer to 40hrs to receive the second email with the Disney codes to put into MDE.

All tickets have now been linked! And ready for FP selection with a week and a half to spare :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter