Buying transfer points for summer 2023

Artemis Fowl

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
I'd like to book an extra 2BR for next summer (2023) that I don't have points for. It looks like I'll need 350 points to do so, but that amount of points hasn't popped up with one person in the rental thread with the home resort advantage so I can't just rent the reservation yet.

I know I can only get 1 transfer of points per use year so I'm trying to see if I can buy someone's transfer points for a 2022 Use Year, bank them and buy another person's 2023 UY points to make my reservation. Does this seem right a long as the month of the the 2023 use year is before summer?

For example If I found a person with a 175 point contract with an April Use Year, could they transfer their 2022 points (which I then bank) and their 2023 points to me. Then I can make and control the reservation on my own with the 11 month booking window?

I have 2 contracts now with a Feburary and August Use Year. Does it make any more sense to buy transfer some of the points to each contract? If I found 2 separate people with December 2022 UYs, can they transfer into each of my memberships and then I can book one reservation with them? Or 2 reservations and then have them combined?

Thanks in advance

I'd like to book an extra 2BR for next summer (2023) that I don't have points for. It looks like I'll need 350 points to do so, but that amount of points hasn't popped up with one person in the rental thread with the home resort advantage so I can't just rent the reservation yet.

I know I can only get 1 transfer of points per use year so I'm trying to see if I can buy someone's transfer points for a 2022 Use Year, bank them and buy another person's 2023 UY points to make my reservation. Does this seem right a long as the month of the the 2023 use year is before summer?

For example If I found a person with a 175 point contract with an April Use Year, could they transfer their 2022 points (which I then bank) and their 2023 points to me. Then I can make and control the reservation on my own with the 11 month booking window?

I have 2 contracts now with a Feburary and August Use Year. Does it make any more sense to buy transfer some of the points to each contract? If I found 2 separate people with December 2022 UYs, can they transfer into each of my memberships and then I can book one reservation with them? Or 2 reservations and then have them combined?

Thanks in advance
Working backwards:
  • You cannot combine reservations which were made with 2 different memberships. Your February and August UYs are 2 different memberships. You can ask for MS to note that the 2 reservations are continuing stays and you may not need to change rooms.
  • You certainly can transfer in points from 2 different members to your two different UYs.
  • A single owner could transfer their points from different years into your membership as long as the points are going into different years. You would just need to find someone to do it and get a CM who understands how to do it.
  • Transferred points can be banked. They just cannot be borrowed. Transferred points retain their UY so they must be banked according to their banking deadline. They will expire at the end of their UY, not yours.

Last edited:
With two different membership ID's from two different UY, you can transfer in two set of 2022 UY points that are still bankable for use in 2023.

So, June 2022 UY points and eariler will need to be banked for used in a Summer 2023 travel dates. Aug. 2022 UY points and later probably won't be need to be banked for a Summer 2023 reservations.

You can also transfer in two sets of 2023 UY points, but since points can't be borrowed to make a reservation, you need to make sure you only transfer June 2023 UY points or eariler for use in Summer 2023. Aug. 2023 UY points won't work in this case.

In Summary, you can transfer in 4 times (two set of 2022 UY points, and 2 more set of 2023 UY points). You just have to consider travel dates to see if the points can be used for its intended purposes.

Hope that makes sense. Good Luck with your transfers.

Great3

If someone could help with the following question:
I have 2 use years February and September. I'm taking a trip in 2023 in February, I transferred 25 points from my September 2022 to Feb and banked the points. Am I still able to accept another transfer from another Member that is in a 2022 use year like an April for use with the Feb 2023 reservation?

If someone could help with the following question:
I have 2 use years February and September. I'm taking a trip in 2023 in February, I transferred 25 points from my September 2022 to Feb and banked the points. Am I still able to accept another transfer from another Member that is in a 2022 use year like an April for use with the Feb 2023 reservation?

Yes, but transferred points retain their own UY so if you transferred Sept 2022 points and banked, those are not eligible for the Feb 2023 trip.

Or, did you transfer Sept 2021 points that were banked?

yes sorry i meant 2021, would it matter which use year i would transfer the april 2022 points into? Should I transfer into September or Feb use year?

yes sorry i meant 2021, would it matter which use year i would transfer the april 2022 points into? Should I transfer into September or Feb use year?

Doesn't matter since they stay valid for stays based on their own UY. But you want them in the same UY you book so it’s all one reservation. I’d say do Feb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter