Buying tickets with redemption card?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by KatieCharlotte, Jun 19, 2017 at 8:11 AM.

1. KatieCharlotte

KatieCharlotte DIS Veteran

I am trying to buy park tickets using a Disney VISA redemption card (plus credit card). I have done this before online for WDW, but can't see how to do it for DL. On the page where I am supposed to enter my payment method, it expressly states that credit cards, gift cards, and Disney VISA redemption cards can be used for purchases. However, there is no place to enter a redemption card and entering the number under "gift card" didn't work. Am I missing something?

I found a post on the Disney parks moms panel that suggests that I have to buy my tickets by calling DL or at the parks to use a redemption card. That seems kind of silly, especially when it states on the purchase page that redemption cards are accepted. I feel a lot better ordering online. I actually tried to order my WDW tickets by phone once, and the CM had to put me on hold for fifteen minutes to ask a supervisor whether I could use a redemption card. :headache:

Do multi-day tickets ordered by phone include a Magic Morning? The DL website says that MM is included with tickets purchased in advance of arrival, so that would include by phone? I assume I also can get e-tickets by phone?

2. luckycharliegirl

luckycharliegirl Mouseketeer

They changed it but seems like they didn't update their order form. I had to call to order mine a couple of weeks ago. It was actually very quick and super easy! You do get MM but I got paper tickets, which I wanted. Not sure about e-tix.

3. KatieCharlotte

KatieCharlotte DIS Veteran

Thank you! I feel better knowing that it was an easy experience, and a MM is still included. Coming from the east coast, we want to take advantage of our 7 a.m. entry day.

luckycharliegirl likes this.
  4. Utah_Disnerds

Utah_Disnerds Earning My Ears

I tried to do this a few weeks ago and had to call to buy tickets. I was not able to do e-tickets