Buying park tickets in the UK

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc
I'm sure this is probably covered elsewhere, but it's 6 in the morning and I'm a bit lazy, so s'cuse please!.........

We are going next week :banana: :banana: :banana: and will be buying APs on arrival. My understanding is that we can get temporary APs at the main ticket desk, go to the AP office and get permanent ones, OR buy day passes and then go to AP office and get the day passes refunded. Both of these options seem to involve queuing at the ticket office at the front of the Park.
SO.......can I get tickets at a Disney shop in the UK and then we can breeze straight through the ticket machines and have to wait only at the AP office?
If yes, will we get the cost of the day tickets deducted from the cost of the APs? When buying the tickets at the Disney Store can I use my shareholders card to get them cheaper?
Thanks in advance from a lazy person.:)

Yes, you can buy a day ticket in advance to get you in, then they will deduct the cost off your APs when you purchase them.

This is exactly what we did at Easter! We bought day tickets from 365tickets.com, note these were not hoppers so we had to enter the Disneyland Park on them and wait to get our APs before we could go to the Studios, at a reduced rate. Disney don't know what you paid though, so refunded the full cost of a day ticket :rotfl:

The problem you do have is that you are going next week, so I don't think you will be able to use 365tickets.com, however I am sure there is somewhere you can purchase tickets in advance to save you queuing at the ticket office by the gate.

I can't answer the question as to whether you can get shareholder discount on the day ticket, sorry. I take it that as you are a shareholder you do not need a sponsor, but if you do then shout ;)

Have a fantastic trip! :goodvibes

My understanding is that you can only get shareholders discount on tickets at the park gate.

I wouldn't suggest buying any tickets online at the moment because of the postal strikes but perhaps if you can't get to a Disney Store easily you could always buy day tickets from your hotel?

I'm not going to bother buying tickets in advance, I'm just going to hope everyone else is on a package tour and that we won't have to queue for too long!! :rotfl: Don't forget to wave at us as you pass us waiting (im)patiently in the queue!! :lmao: :lmao:

I take it that as you are a shareholder you do not need a sponsor, but if you do then shout ;)

Have a fantastic trip! :goodvibes

Thanks very much.:goodvibes I think the shareholders discount is greater than the sponsorship discount, but thanks anyway.

I wouldn't suggest buying any tickets online at the moment because of the postal strikes but perhaps if you can't get to a Disney Store easily you could always buy day tickets from your hotel?

I'm not going to bother buying tickets in advance, I'm just going to hope everyone else is on a package tour and that we won't have to queue for too long!! :rotfl: Don't forget to wave at us as you pass us waiting (im)patiently in the queue!! :lmao: :lmao:

You're right about not risking anything by post at the moment - looks like the strike won't be settled anytime soon.:sad2: But why should I worry - I'll be in a queue somewhere in DLRP, just like you. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter