Buying liquor in Key West

scrapgirl3

Mouseketeer
Would we be able to buy liquor in Key West and bring it on board? I know that at some ports they take it and we get it back at the end but I wasn't sure about Key West since it is still in USA. We were thinking of getting some beer, wine, liquor and water there.
Thanks!

Yes we were able to purchase beer and water in Key West and then carry it on the boat. I do not know about alcohol though sorry. We got ours in FL.

yup, you can purchase it and bring it on board, no problems. they don't bat an eye! have a great trip.:flower3:

The only alcohol that can't be taken to your stateroom is what you buy in the duty free shop onboard the ship. All alcohol that is bought in ports you take to your cabin and can enjoy it.

DCL does not hold any alcohol bought in ports.

OK, so you can bring duty free liquor from ports of call directly on board? Also, if the previous is true, is there a limit on how much i.e. the five liter airplane limit?

While in Grand Cayman, there were signs in the duty free liquor stores that they could not deliver to DCL ships

I casually asked what if I didn't want to have it dellivered to the ship, was told it would have to be delivered to the ship and if I was on a DCL ship, they could not deliver

I asked back on board, and DCL told me it was their decision due to security.

I didn't try asking in Cozumel

While in Grand Cayman, there were signs in the duty free liquor stores that they could not deliver to DCL ships

I casually asked what if I didn't want to have it dellivered to the ship, was told it would have to be delivered to the ship and if I was on a DCL ship, they could not deliver

I asked back on board, and DCL told me it was their decision due to security.

I didn't try asking in Cozumel
Grand Cayman is the 1 port that DCL regularly goes to that you can not buy liquor and bring it back to the ship, it's just their local rule. All other ports you can buy and carry your own liquor. I've bought it in all ports that DCL sails to on a regular basis, but was not allowed to in GC.

OK, so you can bring duty free liquor from ports of call directly on board? Also, if the previous is true, is there a limit on how much i.e. the five liter airplane limit?

You can bring back all you want, you will just have to pay duty when you arrive back at Port Canaveral if you are over your custom's limit.

I have no clue what the 5 liter airplane limit is you are referring to. :confused3 But you can't take any alcohol onto a plane with you now, it all needs to go in your checked luggage.

If I bought liquor at the Grand Caymans the would not let me carry it back on board or is it they just won't deliver it to the ship for you?

If I bought liquor at the Grand Caymans the would not let me carry it back on board or is it they just won't deliver it to the ship for you?

If you are on a DCL ship in the GC, the shops won't sell it to you since DCL does not allow them to deliver to the ship.

I don't think they will sell it to you at all, they will ask you if you are from a ship, and most of the stores in the port area have it posted as such.

Let say they sell to me. Would I be allowed to take in on the ship?

IF you find a store in GC that lets you buy alcohol AND lets you carry it out of the shop on your own, then yes you can take it on the ship and into your cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter