Buying Jet Blue Tickets using credits

ssawka

DIS Veteran
If I buy JB airfare when it comes out today and use credits for part of the payment, will they still credit me if the price drops? In other words, are credits same as cash?

I had the same thought, and just to be cautious, I called Jet Blue last week and they confirmed that I could still get a credit if the price drops even if I used my previous credits to pay for that flight. I would give them a call just to confirm though.

Good Luck.

Not exactly... They will credit you back, however, the new credit will have the same expiry as the one used to actually buy the tickets. I don't know what they'll do if that date has already passed however. The agent was willing to give me a 1 month extension, since the date was within a week, but that's it!

Just spoke to JB, rewok is correct. If you get a credit for a reservation where a credit was used, the new credit retains the expiration date of the original credit. I'm assuming it is up to the value of that credit and the difference is a new credit, but not quite sure about that.

Just spoke to JB, rewok is correct. If you get a credit for a reservation where a credit was used, the new credit retains the expiration date of the original credit. I'm assuming it is up to the value of that credit and the difference is a new credit, but not quite sure about that.

Yup, that's how they do it. If you use a credit, then the price drops, they'll reissue a credit but it keeps the same expiration date as the original credit. This came into play with my flights for last October.

I just did this 2 days ago when my April rate dropped. It was a little strange and I hope I can explain. I called and after confirming, the agent did tell me that since I had purchased the tickets using some credits, that when she gave me a $20 credit back ($10 x 2) into our account, it would retain the original expiration date. I did ask her what the date was and she said the original credits expired in May 2012. I told her, it didn't seem worth it, but she insisted that I should go ahead and process it anyhow. AFter she was done, I looked at the credit bank and to my surprise, one $10 credit expires in September 2012 and the other $10 credit expires March 2013. So it looks like she gave me another 6 months on the "May 2012 expiration" one. So I say, go for it and if you get the opportunity to get a credit, give it a shot because you just don't know how each agent will handle it. However, keep in mind (and the agent mentioned this too), that you only have to use your credit before it expires to purchase, but don't have to fly by that date. Also, you don't have to buy a ticket for yourself either. Since my son in law also got the credit, he doesn't plan to use it before it expires, so all I have to do is log into his trueblue account and purchase a ticket for myself and use the credit and can use my own credit card. (I've done this several times and it's never a problem). The only thing I lose is not getting the bonus trueblue points for purchasing my ticket online though my own account. I'm guessing that you are going to fly JETblue out of DCA. I'm still not happy about that.

Yes, you will get a new credit for the overage if there is any. In my case, the price difference was a lot, so I still have 110$ sitting in my TravelBank now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter