Buying DVC when you haven't ever stayed at one?

We purchased at VGC (DLR in California) and had never stayed at DVC accommodations. We had stayed at all of the hotels at the Disneyland Resort as well as the Polynesian, Dixie Landings (can't remember its current name), and Pop Century. We had always had good experiences at the hotels and we trusted the Disney brand.

We purchased AKL never having stayed there.

I had stayed at OKW a few times previously, so I was generally familiar with the DVC villa layout though.

I think there's enough information online to make an extremely informed decision without having to stay at a resort, although some people may have more peace of mind by staying at a place first. I think it really depends on your disposition and personality.

We purchased AKL never having stayed there.

I had stayed at OKW a few times previously, so I was generally familiar with the DVC villa layout though.

I think there's enough information online to make an extremely informed decision without having to stay at a resort, although some people may have more peace of mind by staying at a place first. I think it really depends on your disposition and personality.

OKW is very different from the other resorts both room layout and resort layout.

I still feel that the best advice for a potential buyer is to buy where you love to stay and take the time to stay before you buy.

The fact that many owners bought without staying first doesn't change that advice. It's great that many report that they are happy and didn't stay first but why would anyone try to convince others to do the same.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter