Buying dvc from NY?? a couple of ??

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
we are already dvc members, and we currently live in CT, but we are selling our home and moving to NY, we plan on buying an add on at BCv as soon as we sell our house, probably in a couple of weeks. but, if we have aNY address, we wont be able to buy until when???? and what abotu the price increase? if its after June, will they honor the $75 price for NY'ers???
and from reading other threads, it seems to me that we could buy an add on while at WDW??? if we are living in NY, but are in WDW in May on vacation, we can buy an add on while we are there???

thanks!

Laura :)

Laura,
We just got back from OKW. We attended the member update as well as a tour of the BCV models at BW. According to our guide and several others BCV is not yet licensed to sell in NY or CA. They expect it to be approved within a month or so. (But it could be longer.)
Being from NY myself I know how frustrating it can be for all of us to deal with NYS government in general. NYS treats BCV as if it were an entirely new company rather than a new resort opened by an already established and approved company. (By the way the do the same thing no matter what business they are approving in any field!) When we joined just over 10 years ago we received the regular information package with all the legalese plus one twice as large with more legalese made just for NYrs!
My advice is to either buy now while you are still in CT, wait until NY approves BCV or take a trip to WDW just to sign the papers! We heard at the member update that members are adding on in droves at BCV. Good luck with your move and your add on.

MY DH and I are going in May for a week by ourselves. I have already contacted our guide and have an appointment for a tour and purchase. He said if NY allows DVC to sell BCV before then, he will call and we can purchase over the phone. If you are going in May, why don't you call your guide and ask for the same. I am very sure the DVC appreciates the fact that NYS is the last to approve sales and will give us fair treatment. If you look at the breakdown of states where people are DVC owners, NY is right at the top.

Why not go ahead and get the paperwork started while you're still in CT. Once you move the contract will be forwarded thru the mail anyway.

I'm sure the contract signing can be held off for a couple of weeks anyway. You should be fine. If there is any problem, you can easily buy in May while at WDW (...or at HH) .

Enjoy!

thanks everyone! I think we'll buy while in WDW! it will make it that much more exciting!!! :)

Laura :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter