Buying direct with Bank of America CC

Salty5204

Earning My Ears
Hi all. Has anyone purchased direct using a B of A credit card? I’m considering buying VGF direct and if it codes as travel I can get 3.5% cash back. With the small difference between resale and direct at the 500 point level, this would almost wipe out the usual premium to buy direct.

Haven't with BoA but it does code travel for chase and amex if I recall correctly

Haven't with BoA but it does code travel for chase and amex if I recall correctly
Chiming in specifically for Chase! Bought direct last month using my Chase credit card and the merchant code showed up as Travel for both payments.

BOA Premium Rewards card pays 2x on travel and dining, 1.5 on everything else, and if you are a BOA/Merrill Lynch client for banking and investments, you get kickers based on account value. My wife and I both have brokerage accounts at Merrill and she banks at BOA, so we get 75% bonus on all points. Points are redeemable 1 for 1 for statement credits. So regular purchases get us 2.625% cash back, travel and dining get us 3.5%. It's a great card if you are a Merrill Lynch client.

BOA Premium Rewards card pays 2x on travel and dining, 1.5 on everything else, and if you are a BOA/Merrill Lynch client for banking and investments, you get kickers based on account value. My wife and I both have brokerage accounts at Merrill and she banks at BOA, so we get 75% bonus on all points. Points are redeemable 1 for 1 for statement credits. So regular purchases get us 2.625% cash back, travel and dining get us 3.5%. It's a great card if you are a Merrill Lynch client.
Hm good to know. I get 2.5 on my Ollo Optimum and 3 on travel with my Wells Fargo Propel, so probably not worth it for me to switch considering I hate BOA with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. 😆

Hm, now to decide whether to use the BoA for the $ or Disney Chase for 6 months and redemption points to pay dues.

Hm, now to decide whether to use the BoA for the $ or Disney Chase for 6 months and redemption points to pay dues.
You know that episode of The Office where Michael claims that gift baskets are the ultimate present, and Andy suggests that cash is better because you can use it to buy anything you want, including a gift basket?

That's how I feel whenever people talk about the Disney Visa. Why take 2% back in the form of Disney gift cards when you could get AT LEAST 2% back in the form of cash, which you can use for whatever you want, including Disney gift cards?

Hi all. Has anyone purchased direct using a B of A credit card? I’m considering buying VGF direct and if it codes as travel I can get 3.5% cash back. With the small difference between resale and direct at the 500 point level, this would almost wipe out the usual premium to buy direct.

We used a BOA credit card and DVC is coded as travel.

You know that episode of The Office where Michael claims that gift baskets are the ultimate present, and Andy suggests that cash is better because you can use it to buy anything you want, including a gift basket?

That's how I feel whenever people talk about the Disney Visa. Why take 2% back in the form of Disney gift cards when you could get AT LEAST 2% back in the form of cash, which you can use for whatever you want, including Disney gift cards?
Yeah, Id probably be better off using the BoA and use the $ to pay the Target Red Card for Disney gift cards at 5% off. Guess it’s time to switch the Disney back to the no annual fee one…

If you want to play the game, you can combine with new card bonuses too. We used 4 CC when we bought 2 new, one 5% bonus category up to xxx, and one 3% travel... "DVC math" hehe.

Target is nice for 5% on Disney GC ... You can also yield 9-12+% at BJs using CC bonus category with BJs sales and discounts. ( Nice they have $500 cards ... We pay dues this way )

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter