Buying Direct in December maybe…use year??

malloriep87

Earning My Ears
If I buy direct in December will Disney choose a use year for me or can I choose one? Hoping to still be able to get a sept or earlier use year and be able to get 2021 and 2022 points! Any knowledge on this ? Thank you!

They do always try to push a certain UY on people, but if you know you want a UY that works well for your travel, you can stand firm. If you are buying a resort like RIV or AUL, which are in active sales, its almost always possible to get whatever UY you wanted.

Basically, come December, every UY will come with 2021 points and beyond. It is not based on calendar year, but the UY for that month. For example, if I buy in February of 2022, I would get 2022 UY points and beyond if I chose a Feb UY. However, all other UY's would still get 2021 points since we had not yet entered that months 2022 UY.

So, if you are looking at a June, Aug, or September UY, for example, you would get 2021 points for all of those until you get to the 1st of that month in 2022.

Even better, if you buy direct before the end of November this year and get a December use year, you would get 2020 points, which you could bank right away. Then you would get 2021 points on 12/1. The only annual dues you would pay would be for the prorated 2021 points.

Just a reminder for those that may not know:

To buy direct if you are not already a member, you must buy a minimum number of points (varies by resort).

If you are already a member and choose a different use year than your existing membership(s), you must buy a minimum number of points to buy them directly from DVD.

The purchase minimums are not the same as the number required to qualify for Membership Extras (aka "Blue Card" benefits).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter