Buying AP at Disney Store

Exp.626Stitch

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can buy AP at the Disney stores?? If so, do you end up paying more if you buy here??

Thank-You

Tracey

EvilQueen posted these ticket prices last year in the summer so I'm not sure if they have changed yet. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=387321

If you buy an AP in the US (through WDW or when you get to the parks)... The price is $403.64 US, so make sure you're checking the exchange rates. It could be cheaper to buy in the US. For example, the current exchange rate is $1.21 (according to Yahoo) so if you bought in the US, an AP would cost you approximately $488.41. Don't forget to factor in a little more money since credit cards like to charge a premium on top of the current exchange rate.

I've always bought my AP at the Disney Store at MCO since the exchange rate has made the passes cheaper to buy in the US. Just keep in mind that if you buy at MCO, the pass will be activated (ie. the clock starts ticking as soon as you buy it). If you call WDW (or buy through TDS here) and have them sent in the mail, you will get a voucher which doesn't activate until you trade it in for a pass.

HTH :)

I tried to by and AP last year at the Disney Store in Mississauag. It can be donme but they told me that the passes must be ordered in advance. There is not real benefit since the AP start when you buy them so I would buy it when you arrive.

I was worried since I wanted to get the AP rate for our truiop. You do not need it to book the rooms and they let me check in without it. The next day we went to the nearest Theme park and bought the pass.

surfer_ed said:
...It can be done but they told me that the passes must be ordered in advance. There is not real benefit since the AP start when you buy them so I would buy it when you arrive.

Yes, the pass needs to be ordered. They always tell you that it will be 2-3 weeks before it is in. Typically, mine have come in less than a week. :D

It is not true that the AP starts when you get it. What you get at our Disney store, is a voucher which you trade in for the real pass when you get to WDW. It will become active at that point -good for 365 days. I know this, because I have vouchers in my safety deposit box, which I will use sometime in the future. I guess that I have saved any price increase, but you will need to crunch numbers. :flower:

Thanks for all the help.

The reason why I am worried about whether to buy them now or in Orlando, is that we are flying Air Transat and the flight doesn't land until 7:40pm. So, I don't know what time the Disney Store in MCO closes at? Also, if our plane gets delayed and the store is closed when we get there, I have no way of buying the passes until the next day. I read on another post that the hotels are cracking down on the AP's and are asking anyone who booked an AP room to show their AP. I don't want to have any promblems with check in!

What should I do??? I have already bought my US money when the exchange rate was low, should I wait and buy in Orlando or should I buy them here in T.O.??

Thanks for Your help

Tracey

I think I read on the Theme Parks board that the Disney Store at MCO is open until 10PM but I could be wrong. You can also get an activated AP at guest services in DTD but I'm not sure of their hours either. You can also call Disney and they should ship you the vouchers which you can then activate at guest services (in any park or DTD).

I don't have any experience checking in with an AP voucher... I've always bought mine activated. That said ... the only time I was asked to see my AP was when I checked into the Polynesian on our last trip. The CM looked it over quite carefully and then punched some information from our pass into the computer.

I tried to by and AP last year at the Disney Store in Mississauag. It can be donme but they told me that the passes must be ordered in advance. There is not real benefit since the AP start when you buy them so I would buy it when you arrive.

The AP is suppose to be activated on the day you turn in the voucher to guest services ... not the day that you purchased them. I have read that in some cases people were turning in their vouchers and getting an AP with an expiry date that matched their date of purchase. So if you are turning in a voucher, just make sure the AP has the correct expiry date before you leave guest services ;)

Hi,
I ordered 2 AP from Fairview Mall (in Toronto) a week before Christmas. I got a call a few days later that said that our vouchers were in. I picked them up on the 23rd. They cost us 544.91 each, CDN dollars. As they were purchased for use in the US and shipped to the store, there was NO PST and/or GST. There is no expiry on these vouchers. I photocopied the vouchers (the side with the serial numbers (in case they get lost)) and put them in our safe, for as long as I want, a day, a month, a year, 10 years (get the drift ?). When we want to use them, we take them out of the safe, put them with our passports and off we go. When we get to any of the parks, we walk over to a customer service office and redeem them for actual APs. They are dated for one year from the date we hand over the vouchers. Have done this multiple times. No hastles. Cost breakdown ? as long as we use the AP more then 10 days in the year, its a savings that keep growing. Plus, don't forget, the daily parking (that runs $7.00 a day (last time we were there)) is free and thats only one of the many perks you get with an AP.

Gabe.

Does anyone know what time the Disney Store at MCO opens? Our flight arrives at 6:30am...worried that I will find the store closed when I get there!

TIA!

Looking back at my notes, I think everyone is correct that the voucher does not start the clock ticking on the AP. You still might need to go to Guest Services in DTD to get it activated since I read that you should have an Active AP on check in.

This caused me lots of stres since out flight landed at 9:00pm, but they let me check in without it or a voucher???

Surfer_ED

Exp.626Stitch said:
...I read on another post that the hotels are cracking down on the AP's and are asking anyone who booked an AP room to show their AP. I don't want to have any promblems with check in!
What should I do??? I have already bought my US money when the exchange rate was low, should I wait and buy in Orlando or should I buy them here in T.O.??
Thanks for Your help
Tracey
A dollar (US or CDN) today is worth more than the promise of a dollar tomorrow. If you are worried about having to show your AP, then get one, the cheapest possible one (child's perhaps) ahead of time, and buy the rest at the park gate. No sense having valuable vouchers hanging around waiting to get lost. Also, I suspect that there might not be time for your local Disney store to order your AP and get it to you. Perhaps since the Disney EarPort at MCO is open until 10, you will be able to stop in there, while the rest of your crew goes to collect luggage, and buy the one AP you will need for check in.

I don't expect you'll have any trouble whatsoever, since you are definately going to be getting at least one AP. If they ask for it at check in, you can say that you will get it at the gate the next day, and will show it to them once you have it. If they are hard-core and charge you the higher rate at check in, you can simply show them the valid AP the next day and they can credit your credit card back for the difference.

Have a great vacation!

Also for the record: we received AP vouchers in August as part of a DVC promotion (nice little benefit, eh?); we did not activate them until November; the clock began ticking in November, accroding to the AP I have in my hand right now.

I ordered mine on the phone with WDW and they gave me the option of having them shipped to our resort. I opted to have them sent to our home since we won't be going until 2005. They arrived courier in 4 days (cost $3.00 shipping).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter