Buying Alchohol in Grocery/Chain Stores

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
DH and I am from PA, one of the few states that does not permit you to buy any type of alcohol at all in a store. As matter of fact you have to go to a beer store for beer and a state owned store for anything other than beer. Anyhow, DH wants to get a case of Smirnoff Ice to take to our hotel (we are flying so we can't bring it with us), so my question (after this long dissertation) is will we be able to buy a case or Smirnoff Ice in a grocery store or at a Wal-Mart or something like that in FL...thanks

Yes, Florida is one of those wonderful states where the wine and beer are right next to the milk and bread. One stop shopping. Someday, PA will come to their senses. You should have no trouble picking up Smirnoff Ice at Goodings or one of the other area supermarkets. Not sure about Wal-Mart - do they sell alcohol? I'm sure someone here knows.

Steve

Thanks so much for your response. I know we are stopping @ smokey bones for dinner that first night at the mall on colonial drive, does anyone know if there is a place theit to purchase? We are driving our first night to titusville to go to KSC, and then Sunday returning to the house of the mouse THANK GOD LOL....Anywhere along that route would be great too..thanks in advance!

Walmart is no problem.....you should have guessed they wouldn't miss out !!

Really, alcohol is easy to get .....any 711, gas station, grocery store will have alcohol. Loads of shops on and around Colonial so you won't have any problem.

perfect thanks so much, but I wanted to buy a case, I never thought to ask, do they sell it like that in the walmart or stores on colonial?

one!

Scratch
:smooth:

PS I know where for you come, Canada has the same type of rules! But we have evolved somewhat, you can now buy wine at the grocery stores!

scratch: you still cant' buy alcohol in grocery stores here in BC! we still have (boo) province-run liquor stores... i think they are open between 10am and 2pm every day :teeth:

florida was convenient though! pick up some dinner and drinks at the publix...etc!

It is definately your one stop shopping experience!

When we were down in April, DD and I went in just to check out the Disney Stuff but with everything else there, we did not have to go anywhere else!

We especially like going down the Junk Food Ailse! WOW! I'm glad we don't have such a variety! But it sure is nice to try while on Vacation!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Hi- right across the Disney gates on Hotel Plaza Blvd is the Crossroads Shopping market where you can purchase alcohol and groceries at Goodings Grocery Store. It is a little pricey but it is where we are able to find our beloved Rolling Rock Light! But, if you take a right and continue past the I-4 ramps there is a Walgreens plaza where you can pick up snack and breakfast foods in Walgreens. Right next door is a liquor store where you can pick up your choice of libations! (Unfortunately for us they do not carry RR any longer, but they have everything else!) That plaza is me and hubby's first stop before we head into the World! (Second is Goodings!)Have a great time!

Further if you go left after coming out of Disney Crossroads entrance, there is an ABC wine store which sells beer and wine at reasonable prices ! It's about a mile up on the right hand side just through some traffic lights. :) Just make sure you are heading north on Apopka Vineland Rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter