Buy new or used?

PkHolland

Earning My Ears
I am new to the forum and my wife and I are debating purchasing a DVC timeshare. From reading some of the forums, I noticed there is some kind of $15 per point discount for new SSR purchases. Does anyone know when the promotion will end?

We are concerned about the 7 month policy and being able to stay at another resort (BCV, DWL) in October, which is our favorite time to visit. If we buy SSR now, will we still be able to get into other resorts in Oct or should we focus on a resort we will stay at more often?

I am new to the forum and my wife and I are debating purchasing a DVC timeshare. From reading some of the forums, I noticed there is some kind of $15 per point discount for new SSR purchases. Does anyone know when the promotion will end?

We are concerned about the 7 month policy and being able to stay at another resort (BCV, DWL) in October, which is our favorite time to visit. If we buy SSR now, will we still be able to get into other resorts in Oct or should we focus on a resort we will stay at more often?

The member referral offer ends today (Jan 20, I sent you a PM with all the needed info and pricing).
As far as booking 7 months out at other resorts it's hard to say. It depends on the time of the year and truthfully I'm not sure about October. I've had very good luck at booking at BWV on a 2 week notice for April and BCV for February on a 4 month notice.
The best thing to always do is at the 11 month mark make a reservation at your home resort and then at the 7 month mark try to switch. You may have to waitlist or try day to day but it's worth it. Of course if it doesn't go through you'd still have your original reservation at your home resort.
I happen to find SSR a very pretty resort that will only get better as the landscaping improves. But than again I'm the type of person that doesn't mind where I am staying as long as I am there. You really can't go wrong at any of the resorts in my opinion!

Feel free to pm if you have any questions!

Another thing too is even though the promotion ends today as long as you put down a $500 deposit (can be through credit/debit card) that will lock you in under the special pricing. The remainder of the downpayment wouldn't have to be sent in until you sign the paperwork.
This is for SSR only though.

Thank you for the info - obviously we need to think quick on this one. Apparently, I cannot respond to any PMs because I have not posted 6 times yet.

Thank you for the info - obviously we need to think quick on this one. Apparently, I cannot respond to any PMs because I have not posted 6 times yet.

Make 6 Quick posts. Welcome to the DIS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter