Buy DVC direct from Disney in person vs over the phone?

Does a 25 now and 50 later though get the Blue Membership card? If that is what they are after? Or is it only a single purchase of 75+ that gets that?
It's cumulative points. Though it is possible before they add up to 75 that DVC could raise that to a higher number.
I know DVC sales people can be all over the place. That being said I was talking to someone who has been doing it for like 10 years and didn't seem to say anything "dumb". He had outlined that 75 points was the minimum for Boardwalk and AKV. Do you think it was just him thinking he could get an exception or was it just completely false?
My guess is the exception is likely obtainable for those resorts. The numbers on that website are simply the "official" requirements but DVC is known to make exceptions.

Does a 25 now and 50 later though get the Blue Membership card? If that is what they are after? Or is it only a single purchase of 75+ that gets that?

It's cumulative so you could buy three 25 point contracts over the next year or two or even more and once you hit 75 direct points then you'd be a qualified member for things like buying the gold AP's or attending the member magic events or entering the lounge at Epcot. At least as long as the minimum need to qualify is 75 points. I've not heard of any change coming to that though and since it is less than a year old I would not expect a change for a little while anyway.

I know DVC sales people can be all over the place. That being said I was talking to someone who has been doing it for like 10 years and didn't seem to say anything "dumb". He had outlined that 75 points was the minimum for Boardwalk and AKV. Do you think it was just him thinking he could get an exception or was it just completely false?

Probably an exception but it seems like these "exceptions" aren't all that difficult to get to the point where it's the actual minimum.

how do you add the timeline-to the bottom of your post.

It's cumulative so you could buy three 25 point contracts over the next year or two or even more and once you hit 75 direct points then you'd be a qualified member for things like buying the gold AP's or attending the member magic events or entering the lounge at Epcot. At least as long as the minimum need to qualify is 75 points. I've not heard of any change coming to that though and since it is less than a year old I would not expect a change for a little while anyway.

Probably an exception but it seems like these "exceptions" aren't all that difficult to get to the point where it's the actual minimum.
Is the a limit on how many gold AP a member can buy?

so i could buy for my kids and niece? contract has two members (husband and i) so 8 is husband and I and then 6 additional or 8 for each member?
The way I understood it is they use the language member when they give these limits but in reality they mean Membership ID. So it is 8 in total for the Membership ID. Also it's for people that live at a household of a member.

so i could buy for my kids and niece? contract has two members (husband and i) so 8 is husband and I and then 6 additional or 8 for each member?

If they live with you. They qualification is that they either be a member or a close relative that lives at the same address.

Purchasing on the phone won't get you any special promotions as would doing a sales tour onsite, with that said though its an easy process to complete an add on over the phone and low pressure. Any add on points should show up in your account within 24 hours, can show up same day as well.

Purchasing on the phone won't get you any special promotions as would doing a sales tour onsite, with that said though its an easy process to complete an add on over the phone and low pressure. Any add on points should show up in your account within 24 hours, can show up same day as well.

I'm uncertain what you are referring to as special promotions as DVC has a price and that's it. They used to give onboard ship credits to people who purchased on a cruise but for quite awhile even those were removed and I do not know if they were back. Otherwise calling in or purchasing onsite is all the same pricing and always has been. A new member might get a gift card but not an existing member.

I'm uncertain what you are referring to as special promotions as DVC has a price and that's it. They used to give onboard ship credits to people who purchased on a cruise but for quite awhile even those were removed and I do not know if they were back. Otherwise calling in or purchasing onsite is all the same pricing and always has been. A new member might get a gift card but not an existing member.
I meant gift cards or fast passes as I’ll be there already and will have some downtime in the resort. If I could have gotten some fast passes since I’ll be there end of August.I planned my trip before the Star Wars dates were released hoping for low end of summer crowds now I’ll have to deal with record level crowds.

I meant gift cards or fast passes as I’ll be there already and will have some downtime in the resort. If I could have gotten some fast passes since I’ll be there end of August.I planned my trip before the Star Wars dates were released hoping for low end of summer crowds now I’ll have to deal with record level crowds.

As mentioned, not the gift card. You might hope for some FP's but might have to ask for them and may or may not get them although I'd guess there's a decent chance of it. Of course it takes time to go over to SSR and do the paperwork so it's just a different type of waiting and would depend on how many FP's they would give you. It also seems to be vary between guides which adds another unknown variable. You could talk to your guide and ask - they might even do something like FP's for you over the phone with an add on. Never hurts to ask about that if you feel so inclined.

The other poster I quoted seemd to imply a difference in pricing which is what I was questioning and wanted to comment isn't done.

We were told minimum of 75 points to add on at all resorts except OKW and SSR, which are 50. That was 2 weeks ago.

I live in Nevada. DVC is not licensed to sell there. We were adding on directly by phone and my guide had to be very careful what contracts she sold us. We had to sign in person, so we went to Disneyland to do that.

As mentioned, not the gift card. You might hope for some FP's but might have to ask for them and may or may not get them although I'd guess there's a decent chance of it. Of course it takes time to go over to SSR and do the paperwork so it's just a different type of waiting and would depend on how many FP's they would give you. It also seems to be vary between guides which adds another unknown variable. You could talk to your guide and ask - they might even do something like FP's for you over the phone with an add on. Never hurts to ask about that if you feel so inclined.

The other poster I quoted seemd to imply a difference in pricing which is what I was questioning and wanted to comment isn't done.
Thanks you’re right maybe I’ll call and act as if I’m set on 25 only see if they throw me some fast passes if I add more to the sale. Lol I’ll give it a shot. I did so much research to go during a low crowd time yet at a point were my teacher family members could go and it was last week of August. And then Disney decides to open Star Wars lol

I live in Nevada. DVC is not licensed to sell there. We were adding on directly by phone and my guide had to be very careful what contracts she sold us. We had to sign in person, so we went to Disneyland to do that.

Where are you buying? They have their licenses current in Nevada to sell VGC, Aulani, BLT, CCV, AKV, PVB, SSR, VGF and Riviera. They have not had the licensing current on the older resorts in years and years though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter