But who'd ever think to look for me here? Our PTR And now TR

You must be so excited now! Ant wait to hear all about your trip x

Thanks! Dont know how we are going to sleep with all this excitement!

Hi all. will be adding this TR in the next few days. Had a horrible couple of months with BILs death and DH's illness but I hate loose ends so I'm going to make a start in the next few days cause its just time to do our next PTR... Off three weeks tomorrow :banana::banana::banana:

And so onto this TR:

Alice: “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then”

I won’t bother going back through the whole cast etc. as I am continuing this on from the end of my PTR.

Day 01: The 1st part of the journey

So I had roped DH into bringing us to Dublin the day before we flew to CDG as he needed my car while we were gone and just to make a change from the drag that is driving (going is not so bad but the return flight is late and the last time we were half asleep on the way home so it wasn’t something we wanted to repeat!)
We got to the Travelodge around 1pm and after check in and a bit of sitting around and relaxing we headed for the shopping centre which is only a two minute walk. We had a look around the shops and picked up the last few necessities and had a lovely dinner in Nandos.
We headed back to the Travelodge and had our showers and got ready for an early night with a cup of tea.

Mad Hatter: “Yes that’s it, it’s always tea time”

Day 02: Flying to CDG and getting to DLP

Alice: “I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different”

472135_10151219444148480_235786130_o.jpg

We were up at a ridiculous hour again to get to Dublin airport. We caught the airport bus just outside the Travelodge (which was only €5 per adult and children are free) and we were soon at the airport with our bags again being overweight! This is the one thing that remains a constant on our trips! Cue much shuffling about with shoes and we were sorted for bag drop.
We went to McDonalds for breakfast and then wandered leisurely to our gate, which being Ryanair was already mayhem (I’m sure people queue the night before for the early flights!).
We were a little delayed taking off and so I emailed RS Transports to let them know but when we arrived they were late… by an hour. We were a little peed off by the time we got to the Dream Castle but once we had checked in and got to our room we were much happier. The room was fab, the beds were huge and DD loved having her choice of top or bottom bunks!

Alice “But I don’t want to go among mad people”
Cheshire Cat “Oh but you can’t help that. We’re all mad here, I’m mad, you’re mad”

We got freshened up and made our way to the parks with our temporary AP’s. We decided to ride Phantom Manor which was great as usual after skipping BTM because DD didn’t like the look or the noise and the wait was showing 65mins.

314671_10151313831768480_606813083_n.jpg

We then wandered as far as Hakuna Matata and stopped for lunch which was very nice. I had the chicken strips, fries and had a 20th anniversary cake and DD had the chicken nuggets off the kids menu which came to €22.19 and was were tasty and filling. DD decided iasw would be next so off we set. Afterwards the lovely Betty in the annual passport office made up my and DD’s annual passes as Elaine couldn’t be done until the next day. In total it took 10 minutes and was very straightforward. We couldn’t wait any longer to have a look in WOD and we were all in awe. DD thought it was heaven and spent ages cuddling plushes and admiring the dolls. After our bit of retail therapy we headed to WDS and straight to Crush which was showing a 30minute wait which was more like 20 in reality. DD hated every single second of it. She needed a sit down after and everything and when we had caught our breath we went on Magic Carpets which got a big thumbs up for DD (who was in charge of the height – needless to say after the excitement of Crush our carpet never left the ground!).

2012-10-22162300_zps210ed356.jpg

After that we spent a lovely 20minutes in AoA with DD in heaven singing her heart out to Heigh Ho and drawing bouncing Mickey Heads. DD wanted to see the parade next so we hurried off to DLP again but only caught a few minutes. We were on the way to teacups when we encountered Lady Tremaine!

3791_10151313834128480_1447635688_n.jpg

DD was apprehensive but we all got in and she naturally looked down her nose at us. Great fun and she was spot on personality wise. We had a go on teacups but got a slow one

2012-10-22173730_zps15f9b63a.jpg

and Elaine said she fancied POTC next so off we set… only for DD to have a meltdown at the dark. A lovely CM, Rosemarie, talked DD into joining the pirates with her and the waiting was a little precarious but DD soon got over her fears when she realised it wasn’t a bad ride. It amazed me how much she had forgotten since in the 11months since she had last been. I was shocked she was now afraid of POTC as it really isn’t too scary at all.

Alice “How puzzling all these changes are. I’m never sure what I’m going to be from one minute to another”

We had a lovely time exploring Skull Rock and finally found the wobbly bridge and had a good old bounce.
Next we went to see Mr. Mouse which we all thought was very pretty. The queue was non existent so we were in and out in 10mins.

154927_10151313834853480_1834037925_n.jpg

We then looked about Nautilus and as it was getting late and we were getting tired we left the park to go to Planet Hollywood for dinner. It was fairly busy so we had a little wait and were seated after maybe 15/20mins. I had the chicken bacon BBQ burger with fries as did Elaine and DD had a hotdog and fries and a chocolate mousse. Ours came to €29.93. We collapsed back to bed afterwards and slept like logs.

So Hakuna Matata lunch was good? How's theming? never been there, afraid food would be to spicey :lmao:

Hey Isila :wave:
it was nice and different from plain chicken nuggets but more spiced then spicy if you understand what I mean. Very tasty and the theming was fairly good although we werent there long (devoured our lunch we were that hungry!). I'd happily go back. Hope plans are going well for March.

Next update tomorrow all going well :)

so it's spicy more than just spicy.. Thank you, but no. Still haven't got well from accidentally buying spicy chicken wings :lmao:

Can't wait for new upload.

No Isila, sorry other way around, its flavoured moreso then spicy!! I know what you mean, DH made the mistake of getting a vindaloo before.. he cried like a baby!

So, it's fine for kids who don't like spicy food? It sounds different way of fast food and I get so tired of those usual counter service lunches.

Yeah it should be fine. The chicken seemed much nicer then the normal chicken nuggets too.

Thanks a lot. Added to my list. People do many reviews on dinner places, but so little on counter service ones.

Fabulous Trip Report - really getting into the Disney spirit for myself! See you heading to HNY in 2 weeks - wow you will love it - have you emailed disney guest relations to tell them it's a birthday trip - we did that for our eldest 18th birthday last trip and we got upgraded and a bedroom filled with balloons along with a disney mug full of sweets :thumbsup2

Hi Jo, Im going to email tomorrow and let them know its my little chickens 4th birthday. And cross some fingers and toes. I had a one night stay in May and loved everything (even the smell!!). Cannot wait to stay there again. Eeek I think I'm finally getting excited for this trip.

But alas (or Alice! haw haw) I must finish this TR 1st! I had it all typed up and the laptop had a funny turn so I'm dedicating tomorrow morning to finishing it :yay: And then I can work on the next PTR!

Love the TR Kizzy :goodvibes You can see the happiness and excitement right from the start with your DD
Hope your OH is well on the mend now and that 2013 brings you lots of great things :wizard:

Love the TR Kizzy :goodvibes You can see the happiness and excitement right from the start with your DD
Hope your OH is well on the mend now and that 2013 brings you lots of great things :wizard:

Thanks a mill Carrie, its looking up now :) Hes doing great now, he just has to remember to take his tablets and not do too much.
She was so excited and we spent the days doing all the things she loved (bar Crush!) so I do think she really enjoyed it, its always a fear that the walking and long days and tiredness (plus 3 days of being told "No, we can't get it now. You can buy something on the last day") will lessen the magic for her.
DD is prone to dramatics, shes fierce emotional and you hate to see her not getting the most out of it but this time, I think maybe because she's getting grown up, she loved every second.

:rotfl:

People do TR but never then copy the restaurant parts into the restaurant reviews threads ;) Hint hint .....

Lol, I always mean to do this and I used to be better at posting reviews but I will definitely do more detailed reviews on the next trip. We are trying some eateries that are new to us on the next trip so I'll make a dedicated effort!

Next part is coming up :surfweb:

Day 03 - Mini Alice Day

Mad Hatter: "Oh yes mustard! That'll do... Mustard? Don't let's be silly. Now lemon, that's different"

We were up with the larks at 7am and down for the Dream Castle's breakfast. The continental fare was lovely but the hot counter just didn't cut it. The scrambled eggs were under cooked and the sausages and bacon were just wrong but we had our juice, cereal and pain au chocolat and were eager to be off to the parks

Caterpillar: "Who are you?"

615252_10151221085893480_1038420325_o.jpg

We got to the parks and headed straight for iasw but soaked it all up so we didn't take photos. We then had a spin on Teacups but got a slow one (boo hiss)

Mad Hatter: "Do you care for tea?"
Alice: "Why, yes. I'm very fond of tea."

664764_10151242619308480_1525768958_o.jpg

The girls then went to help Buzz defeat Zurg while I got FPs for Peter Pan. It was then time for some window shopping down along Main St and a stroll around Frontierland and back to Fantasyland and we then queued for Princess Pavillion tickets and went almost straight in and DD met the lovely Belle.

71716_10151313835358480_1436322964_n.jpg

We then sat down at the Castle stage just in time to catch the Halloween show, which I thought was great for younger children. DD loved it and it was great that there was so much interaction with the audience.

541834_10151313837818480_620166099_n.jpg

We waited while Elaine got her AP filled and we were getting peckish so it was time for lunch so we headed for Toad Hall and had double fish and chips while DD had the chicken nugget kids meal. Ours came to a little under €20 with discount and was very fresh and tasty.

We then happened upon some unfriendly faces in the Castle Courtyard.

Cheshire Cat: You know? We could make her *really* angry! Shall we try?
Alice: Oh, no, no!
Cheshire Cat: Oh, but it's loads of fun!

406678_10151313842093480_1144632789_n.jpg

68614_10151313841318480_1089988903_n.jpg

526031_10151313840868480_744182235_n.jpg

181808_10151313840653480_931987255_n.jpg

14646_10151313839743480_761375102_n.jpg

Does anyone know who this guy is? He took a liking to Elaine and just stood still staring her down! She felt so awkward! Hilarious.

We next bumped into a very friendly (and familiar face). Alice! She admired Jemma's Alice earrings and dress and they enjoyed a nice cup of tea.

March Hare: "If you don't care for tea, you could at least make polite conversation!"

15430_10151313842188480_785029573_n.jpg

We had a lovely cruise on Les Pays which Elaine hadn't seen before and decided to head on back to the hotel to freshen up. We had a little relax and then headed back to the Village and had a lovely stroll around the shops. We decided it was to be a Studios afternoon and we took a spin on Cars. It was then time for Stitch Live in english so we took a ride through space with our favourite alien. He had a chat to DD and we avoided his attentions :) We were suffering sore feet and Cinemagic was starting so we watched and really enjoyed the show. It just never gets old :thumbsup2

It was getting late and we left the parks for the day to have dinner in McDonalds which was cheap and cheerful. The Daim McFlurrys were fab. We finished up our shopping and went back and showered and hit the hay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter