But Where Are All The People??? -A September 2016 Trip Report - Update 4/4/17

Day 4: Chapter 1-Big Kid Rides

Alrighty, it is day 4 of the trip and we are finally entering our first Disney park!!! But first, some breakfast. Most mornings, Ben ran down to the food court and got us two QS breakfasts to share. He also filled some of the mugs with drinks and then subbed the two drinks from the dining plan for sides.

28ho6e8.jpg

As you can see, it made for a very shareable breakfast and was just enough to get us through the crucial first hours of park time where you don’t want to stop for food.

After filling up, we hopped a bus to our first park, which was Hollywood Studios! I know people have a hard time finding things to do here. Our family almost always visits at least two parks per day, however, so we have no trouble occupying ourselves here for a few hours before moving on to something else. It also has many of our favorite attractions, so we always end up spending more time here than we think we will.

Our morning plan required us to split up. I went with the kids to sign up for Jedi Training, because Greg is finally four years old and can do it now. Yay!

eapde8.jpg

iqvsw8.jpg

She's such a goof.

The line wasn’t too bad and moved quickly, and we were done in no time with the exact time slot we were hoping for.

Meanwhile, the big boys were off having some fun of their own. It’s always a goal for them to come up with new and crazy ways to pose for ride photos.

2dl3qs2.jpg

Rock, paper, scissors is a pretty normal one for them. They lucked out on Tower, however, and got an elevator to themselves!

11jpwrs.jpg

After jedi sign ups, the kids and I headed over to Toy Story. Let me tell you, adding the third track has helped the wait times for this ride SO much!

juv1nb.jpg

2e1rvpf.jpg

Bethany is 8 years old, so she got to ride by herself, but I had to sit with the little ones, which meant no shooting for me, I occupied myself by taking pictures.

30w56w8.jpg

9a0dao.jpg

244z49w.jpg

aneyh2.jpg

zssbo1.jpg

2ypnpzc.jpg

Becca was very excited about her score. :dogdance:

When we came out, Ben texted to see where we were and I told them we were at Toy Story. They were close by and when they got to us, the line was still very, very short, so we went for another spin!

dxhht4.jpg

13z30vn.jpg

iljfdk.jpg

2wd4jn9.jpg

This time there were enough adults to sit with kids, so I got to actually play.

11h3p78.jpg

Still in a riding mood, we all headed back down Sunset Blvd and divided and conquered once more.

I took Bethany on Rockin’ Roller Coaster (her second favorite ride at WDW). She is so funny because she always gets super nervous before this ride and then LOVES it. Also, we admired her name in the queue posters.

10mneza.jpg

I requested to be seated near the front as I always do, because I hate how much the back rattles my head around. It was a great ride, and I love having a kid old enough to enjoy it with me!

5yagr7.jpg

While we were in our super stretch limo, Ben took Greg to try a ride that he was now tall enough for since he had just hit 40”: none other than his daddy’s favorite, Tower of Terror!

29oj37m.jpg

Ben said that he acted very calm during the ride, but it was funny because his little body floated right off the seat.

11br9eg.jpg

When the ride was over I asked if he liked it and he said it was fun. Later that day he said he didn’t want to do it again. We’ll see if that held up for the rest of the trip. ;)

Becca isn’t tall enough for RnR and does not like Tower (although she has ridden it twice before, so she is braver than I am), so she hung out with our friend in the ToT dump shop.

Once our rides were over we were pretty hungry, so we quickly grabbed two mickey pretzels with cheese. We had to hurry, because it was time to check in for Jedi Training!:darth:

Day 4: Chapter 2- The Force is Strong with Them

We ran over to Jedi Training check in and the kids were given robes and water bottles. It was HOT HOT HOT, so the wait in the sun wasn’t a ton of fun, but the kids were still excited. We have a million pictures of this, so I will just let the photos do the talking.

281hk4i.jpg
24fl15z.jpg

2r7an9d.jpg
2qjap1x.jpg

j6pr7q.jpg

smra4o.jpg

1j0yt1.jpg

2jbmwzl.jpg

352fy10.jpg

x4g5g4.jpg

i6b9dt.jpg

107l2yf.jpg

34zee7n.jpg

s3h5ae.jpg

ehzolj.jpg

2gsg6ds.jpg

167qtyc.jpg
vcrmol.jpg

2exqber.jpg
kevz8k.jpg

21173gz.jpg

fp7dit.jpg

lw1vk.jpg

29wq04h.jpg

They all loved it. It's a great experience for the kids, but would definitely be better in cooler weather!

Day 4: Chapter 3- Afternoon at the Studios

Once the kids had done their part in defeating the Dark Side, it was time for some lunch! We are not big fans of the QS options in this park, but there is one place that hits the spot when we need a quick meal, so off to Starring Rolls we went! We used three QS meals to split between the 6 of us. Sandwiches, chips, and these bad boys!

2eflzyh.jpg

wu1ifa.jpg

9uom6d.jpg

Not my pics, but Butterfinger, Red Velvet, and Darth Vader (I think it was chocolate and peanut butter). They were delicious as always. I can't imagine NOT sharing one of them though. Such a huge sugar overload.

Sufficiently refueled, we decided to continue with the Star Wars love, and headed over to Launch Bay. We met Chewie, who was furry and adorable as always.
beh3xg.jpg

14m9l4p.jpg

2lxgnko.jpg

313kdhc.jpg

sv2xj4.jpg

This picture is a throwback to our trip last April, I just had to share it because it’s adorable.

We decided to skip Kylo Ren because he is honestly no fun to meet. So serious an somber and awkward. But then Ben realized that it was within the right time window for the Disney Visa meet. I said it would be Kylo and he said, maybe not, let’s go find out. So, we went to the Visa meet and met….
2wd5zqx.jpg

vifbzq.jpg

5ukeft.jpg

Told ya so. The kids enjoyed it though.

Then we ran into these little dudes.
r02fs8.jpg

wiu1z5.jpg

a3fnr7.jpg

The kids LOVE meeting the Jawas. I think it is fun that they are roaming characters and you don’t have to wait in an official line to meet them. After all of the characters, we spent some time in the dump shop, where the boys studied the Storm Trooper costume.
i77ecz.jpg

It was a very serious conversation, because they had recently purchased costumes of their own and were in the process of building them…a very time consuming project. This is the final result, taken on Halloween when they visited a local elementary school.
kcjvr5.jpg

Next was a very exciting event…Greg’s first ride on Star Tours! Being 40 inches is awesome.
2w561kg.jpg

1tqwk2.jpg

1fekax.jpg

He loved it! Also, I wore 3 pairs of glasses on my head. Don’t judge.
35hiq01.jpg

Needing some time off our feet and in the A/C, we hit Muppets 3D next. This attraction is seriously outdated and in need of an update, but it is still cute and I think I would be sad if they took it away. Now if they wanted to improve/upgrade, go for it!!

We hit the Great Movie Ride next. The kids love this ride…I just have to tell the girls to open their eyes after the Alien scene. Hahaha!

By this point, it was time to head to our dinner plans, so we stopped for a few pictures (during which I did not get the memo to remove my sunglasses) and said goodbye to Hollywood.
2ee8r6d.jpg

1r3vvp.jpg

315gx8m.jpg

(Oh man, the thumbs up with the pinky bandage sticking out just kills me!!)

Hello! Joining in on your TR.

Not my pics, but Butterfinger, Red Velvet, and Darth Vader (I think it was chocolate and peanut butter).
I really want to try these, I have heard so much about them. The only chance I had on my last trip to get to Starring Rolls by the time I got there they were closed. I didn't realize they close early in the afternoon. So the cupcakes are still on my to do list.

We decided to skip Kylo Ren because he is honestly no fun to meet. So serious an somber and awkward.
I'm a Star Wars fan, but I really think I would skip this meet. I like meeting characters when you can have fun. Kylo Ren seems intimidating. DW and DDs are not into Star Wars but would probably put up with a fun Chewie meet.

It was a very serious conversation, because they had recently purchased costumes of their own and were in the process of building them…a very time consuming project. This is the final result, taken on Halloween when they visited a local elementary school.
Very cool. I would love to have an authentic Star wars costume.

Needing some time off our feet and in the A/C, we hit Muppets 3D next. This attraction is seriously outdated and in need of an update, but it is still cute and I think I would be sad if they took it away. Now if they wanted to improve/upgrade, go for it!!
I agree. It seems like the Muppets will stay at DHS, so I'm happy about that. I just hope they get a little love after Star Wars and Toy Story.

Boy you had a good HS day! Jealous of your low wait times, we just spent Thanksgiving week there and while we did it last year and knew it'd be busy, it was like twice as crowded this year and waits at HS were NOT pretty. I did get like 5 rides on my beloved TOT while there though, and kudos to Greg for trying it!

Hello! Joining in on your TR.

Welcome!!

I really want to try these, I have heard so much about them. The only chance I had on my last trip to get to Starring Rolls by the time I got there they were closed. I didn't realize they close early in the afternoon. So the cupcakes are still on my to do list.

I think they close at 4pm, so it's definitely a lunch goal. They are definitely worth a try, just be prepared for super duper sweet.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I really think I would skip this meet. I like meeting characters when you can have fun. Kylo Ren seems intimidating. DW and DDs are not into Star Wars but would probably put up with a fun Chewie meet.

Exactly, he is intimidating, and the character attendants are super serious in character as well, and any time my husband tried to make a joke or anything they have always pretty much told us to stand there and look at the camera. It's dumb. But Chewie is awesome to meet!

Very cool. I would love to have an authentic Star wars costume.

He loves it, and is actually looking into the requirements to do children's hospital visits and other charity events.

I agree. It seems like the Muppets will stay at DHS, so I'm happy about that. I just hope they get a little love after Star Wars and Toy Story.

Amen!

Boy you had a good HS day! Jealous of your low wait times, we just spent Thanksgiving week there and while we did it last year and knew it'd be busy, it was like twice as crowded this year and waits at HS were NOT pretty. I did get like 5 rides on my beloved TOT while there though, and kudos to Greg for trying it!

It really was a great HS day! We were SO spoiled by the low waits on this trip. My in laws are there right now and I am totally jealous, but I know they are likely dealing with much bigger crowds. I can only imagine what Thanksgiving crowds were like. Shudder...people ;) And yes, all three of my children are officially braver than I am, as they have each ridden ToT twice to my...never.

Day 4: Chapter 4- It Means Family

We had an awesome time at Hollywood Studios, but now we were getting HUNGRY. That’s a good thing too, because tonight we were trying a restaurant that has been on our to-do list for a long time now!!

‘Ohana! I have been following the ups and downs of reviews for this place for years. For a long time it was a must-do, then people said they quality went way down. Lots of reports of having to wait an hour+ for a table scared me away for awhile. But it was finally time to try it, because we were on the dining plan this trip, which made the price a bit easier to swallow. So, off to the TTC we drove, and then took the quick walk to the Poly, and up to check in. We were seated within 10 minutes, so far so good!

iny6og.jpg

slpj03.jpg

We really, really enjoyed this meal. It was not the best meal we have ever eaten, but it was hot, fresh, tasty, and plentiful. And I was thrilled to be able to have POG juice with dinner!

bgpf9c.jpg

All of the kids were able to find something that they liked enough to get their fill. But the food wasn’t their main interest…they LOVED the entertainment. The leis were a giant hit with the girls, as were the coconut races.
33c7p1g.jpg

2prsnba.jpg

i20aph.jpg

11lixdw.jpg

Greg was a fan of the pretty lady who sang :lovestruc While we were eating, we decided that a reservation for April was a must for the afternoon after the boys run the Star Wars Half Marathon. Ben said he knew he would be famished and would be able to easily eat his money’s worth of skewer meat and pot stickers that day. (We do have an ADR for April now and I am looking forward to it!)
2i1kr9s.jpg

Dessert was delicious, though I think I prefer the bread pudding at Raglan Road just a little bit…but I would never turn this one down!

Overall, this was an awesome way to spend some time out of the parks refueling, relaxing, and enjoying a good meal and good atmosphere. Eventually we rolled ourselves out of there and onto the next park for the rest of the evening.

The storm troopers costumes look amazing!! They did a great job :thumbsup2 Your kids look so cute in their Jedi training costumes. I imagine it was pretty hot wearing them but they didn't seem to mind. The pics are adorable!

Dinner at 'Ohana looks so yummy - we have never dined there but on our list for our next trip.

The storm troopers costumes look amazing!! They did a great job :thumbsup2 Your kids look so cute in their Jedi training costumes. I imagine it was pretty hot wearing them but they didn't seem to mind. The pics are adorable!

Dinner at 'Ohana looks so yummy - we have never dined there but on our list for our next trip.

The costumes did turn out really good. Thankfully because they took forever to build!

It was so very very hot that day, I can't believe they weren't bothered by the robes. Although Disney is pretty smart, because along with the pins they gave all the kids after the training, they also passed out cooling wipes for each kid too!

It's been a few years since we've done 'Ohana dinner, but both times we've eaten there our experience was good. DH and both DS's enjoy it; for me it's ok, not a must-do but I can handle it :) You're definitely stuffed when you leave!

I just got all caught up! Your report is awesome. Your kids are so cute. I have #3 on the way so it's fun to see how things can be in a few years.

I'm a huge HP fan but my oldest (4) is still a bit nervous about it. I am hoping she'll come around soon!! She's been to Universal a few times and our next trip (we leave tomorrow) she asked if we could NOT visit Harry Potter rides this time LOL (heart.break).

So I hadn't looked into Toothsome before (because we have no plans to re-visit Universal for a bit, read above haha) but it looks awesome, I'd love to pop over to City Walk on an upcoming trip. Maybe I'll have to plan a Universal day next June...hmmm...

Anyway, your time at Universal sounds like it was great, and glad HDDR was so much fun too! It's been a few years since we did it, definitely time to revisit. Ohana is one of DH's all time favorites. I love how your middle child is so outgoing - my oldest would NEVER EVER volunteer for something like the Animals show. No idea what my middle will be like although she does seem pretty spirited (I think that's a nice way to put it lol. She just turned 1 a couple weeks ago).

It's been a few years since we've done 'Ohana dinner, but both times we've eaten there our experience was good. DH and both DS's enjoy it; for me it's ok, not a must-do but I can handle it :) You're definitely stuffed when you leave!

Right, it's not amazing food but there is lots of it and it is good enough to definitely feel full and satisfied when you leave!

Loving this report! Ohana looks awesome! Haven't been in a while and you inspired me to go back...

Thanks for reading! It was a lot of fun, and we are looking forward to going back in a few months.

I just got all caught up! Your report is awesome. Your kids are so cute. I have #3 on the way so it's fun to see how things can be in a few years.

I'm a huge HP fan but my oldest (4) is still a bit nervous about it. I am hoping she'll come around soon!! She's been to Universal a few times and our next trip (we leave tomorrow) she asked if we could NOT visit Harry Potter rides this time LOL (heart.break).

So I hadn't looked into Toothsome before (because we have no plans to re-visit Universal for a bit, read above haha) but it looks awesome, I'd love to pop over to City Walk on an upcoming trip. Maybe I'll have to plan a Universal day next June...hmmm...

Anyway, your time at Universal sounds like it was great, and glad HDDR was so much fun too! It's been a few years since we did it, definitely time to revisit. Ohana is one of DH's all time favorites. I love how your middle child is so outgoing - my oldest would NEVER EVER volunteer for something like the Animals show. No idea what my middle will be like although she does seem pretty spirited (I think that's a nice way to put it lol. She just turned 1 a couple weeks ago).

:welcome: Thanks so much. I think they are pretty cute too...most of the time :rolleyes1 And yes, my middle child is ridiculously outgoing. I have no idea where she gets it from, but she's pretty entertaining.

I hope your oldest comes around to HP soon! It's easy to understand why it makes her nervous, though. There are a lot of really scary things in it for sure.

DEFINITELY give Toothsome a try. It's one of those restaurants that is more of an experience than just a meal!

I'm really hoping to get another update or two up this weekend. December is kicking my booty. Just this week so far my kids have had: gymnastics team competition, dance and gymnastics classes (and quarterly evaluations), spelling bee, piano lesson, piano recital, musical auditions, dentist appointment. All in addition to normal school/work/life stuff. I'm tired :charac2: but I want to keep on trucking with this report, so hopefully more is to come soon. Thanks to everyone who has been reading along!

Day 4: Chapter 5- What Do You Mean There’s No Line?

After ‘Ohana we were completely stuffed, but we were right on the monorail and still had fastpasses to use…so off to Epcot we went!

(Warning, my camera ran out of battery after dinner, and we lost a couple of Photopass pics, so this will be a very picture-light recap.)

Our first FP was for Soarin’. This was a huge must-do for tonight because 1. It was the first time we went to Epcot since the new version was open and 2. Greg is finally big enough to ride it! Seriously, not having to rider swap Soarin’ is just so awesome. I always felt like it was a giant time suck and so boring for the person who had to wait because there isn’t much else to do in the land pavilion.

So we went to use our fastpasses and…the ride is a 10 -minute wait. Say what? Opening the third theater did wonders! Of course, going mid-September surely helped as well. So we went into the standby line instead, and pretty much walked right on! I got seated in the very far left seat, so the curved Eiffel tower was pretty extreme! But overall we loved the new film. I do miss the orange groves though! Greg loved it and wanted to ride again. Good thing, because we still had our fastpasses left! Around we went for a second ride. I don’t know that I have ever been able to ride Soarin’ twice in a row with almost no wait. Crazy!

The next scheduled FP was Nemo, so we took the short walk over to The Seas and visited the Biiiiiig Bluuuuuuuuuue Woooooooooorld for awhile (now it’s stuck in your head too, you’re welcome.) I love the classic Disney omnimovers. They are just relaxing and dark and a great way to get off of your feet for a few minutes.

Our last FP was Spaceship Earth, but I can’t remember if we used it or if there was no line so we went in standby early and moved on to other things. I THINK that is what happened. I have no photographic evidence of this either, because no camera :guilty: We were VERY sad to realize that although they still take your picture on the ride, the video at the end just shows a cartoon person. Such a bummer! But still a must-do on our list. This is one of Becca’s very favorite attractions and has been since her first trip at three years old.

We were having such great luck with wait times tonight that there was still about 45 minutes left of park time, so we walked over to Test Track to check out the wait time. I believe it was long like it normally is…but we had a secret weapon. On our last trip in April, we had Greg measured and he was too short, but they gave him a fastpass for a future ride. Ben had it in his wallet, and after successfully measuring the boy at 40 inches, they let all six of us through the Fastpass line. Yay!

33jsq5f.jpg

The girls were super excited for their brother to ride this one for the first time. Thankfully we got a ride selfie, because the photopass ride photo disappeared and was never recovered.
2w3ng3a.jpg

2imakc9.jpg

I think it’s safe to say he liked it ;) Test Track is so much better at night too.
Funny side story: The reason Greg is holding his hand up in that last pic is because with my husband's phone, that's how to trigger it to take a picture in selfie mode. Cracks me up when he does it too.

When the ride was over, it was about 8:40pm (park closes at 9) and I had a feeling that since the crowds were so ridiculously low tonight, it was possible that the line for Frozen Ever After would be manageable. I quietly explained this to the guys and then told the kids we were going to just walk around the World Showcase for a few minutes. I didn’t want to promise them Frozen and not be able to deliver. So we stroll up past Mexico and into Norway, and the wait time is posted at 60 minutes. BUT…it’s the very end of the night, and we all know how Disney loves to inflate times at closing. Also, there were no people. Often, the line for this ride extends out of the building and past Akershus, but there was no line out of the building, AND we didn’t see anyone walking in. This was one of the many times throughout the trip that we uttered the title of this TR: "But where are all the people??" So we decided to go for it, and ended up waiting maybe 10 minutes.

httsh5.jpg

The queue is adorable, and the ride is a lot of fun. It is not something that I will ever wait an hour for, but as an extra incentive for the kids to visit World Showcase (one of my very favorite parts of Disney World), it is a great addition!
1z1zbqu.jpg

I'm not sure where Becca is in the picture. I think she was still being weird about rides and this point, so she was probably putting her head in someone's lap because of the drop. Once she realized it wasn't bad she wanted to ride it again immediately.

I do wish my kids remembered the one time we rode Maelstrom before it closed, but they were just too young. They absolutely loved it, of course. Once the ride was over, the park was officially closed. So we took the obligatory troll picture and headed back to our resort.
3x3t2.jpg

It had been an awesome day!

Day 4 Step Count: 24,182

What an awesome day! you got so much done at DHS (I cant remember if I commented on DHS lol) and loved the photos from Jedi Training! Great idea to head to Ohana after and then EPCOT, and WOW on the crowds you really did get some amazing park time in!! I love those tickets they give out randomly when kids aren't quite tall enough (my older DD was given Splash once and 7DMT once, so that was so nice to use those the next trip!). And awesome on FEA too!!

What a great night at Epcot! Two rides on Soarin with no wait is awesome and what great luck with FEA :goodvibes On our trip last month we did find quite a few inflated wait times and they're known to do it more often at the end of the night so it's always good to take that chance!
We also did new Soarin for the first time last month. I wasn't a huge fan of the old version but I think the new one is beautiful!

What an awesome day! you got so much done at DHS (I cant remember if I commented on DHS lol) and loved the photos from Jedi Training! Great idea to head to Ohana after and then EPCOT, and WOW on the crowds you really did get some amazing park time in!! I love those tickets they give out randomly when kids aren't quite tall enough (my older DD was given Splash once and 7DMT once, so that was so nice to use those the next trip!). And awesome on FEA too!!

It was such a great day and we were totally spoiled by the lack of crowds. The too-short tickets are such a great thing to do. Universal did it for the Men in Black ride too!

What a great night at Epcot! Two rides on Soarin with no wait is awesome and what great luck with FEA :goodvibes On our trip last month we did find quite a few inflated wait times and they're known to do it more often at the end of the night so it's always good to take that chance!
We also did new Soarin for the first time last month. I wasn't a huge fan of the old version but I think the new one is beautiful!

I couldn't believe our luck! We aren't planning a trip in September next year, but it is so tempting when I remember how much we got done. Of course, then I remember how hot and sticky it was!!

Day 5: Chapter 1- And Now for Something Completely Different…We Go Left

Oh my goodness, it has been so long since an update. But I WILL finish this TR, dagnabit! Onto Day 5, which has some pretty great memories, so I am excited to relive it!

This morning we woke up and as usual, Ben ran to Landscape of Flavors to get some breakfasts for us all to share.
317b7eg.jpg

Once we were fueled up, we headed to the Magic Kingdom. Did I mention how much I love the Halloween decorations? So I was very excited to get these photos.
dh73gx.jpg
2zsv2gk.jpg

Even if I have a weird blinky kid :D

Normally, if we are at MK in the morning, it is and Extra Magic Hour day, which means the only lands open are Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. This did not happen to be one of those days, so we did something we had NEVER done before…and turned left at the hub, into Adventureland. Shocking turn of events, am I right? Really, we just love Adventureland at night and tend to gravitate towards it near closing, but we decided to shake things up. And boy, am I glad we did, because we were pretty much the only people there. Thank you, September.

Our main goal this morning was to find Rafiki, but he was not at the spot where I thought he would be. The kids saw that there were literally zero people in line for the Magic Carpets, so we took a quick spin on that.
91j860.jpg

a1l89u.jpg

bzgk3.jpg

Then we resumed our monkey search. Adventureland was such a ghost town that we had to walk to the connection to Frontierland to find a cast member, who confirmed we were looking for Rafiki in the correct spot; he just doesn’t come out until 9:10or 9:15. So we headed back to that area (near the bridge to the hub, across from Swiss Family Treehouse. Greg found a cannon and wanted me to take his picture.
ir6kqb.jpg

Then Bethany jumped in.
2vi60js.jpg

Then Becca decided she couldn’t be left out.
nv2nt.jpg

After that impromptu photo shoot was finished, Rafiki came walking over and we had a really great meet. The kids loved him!
1231x5i.jpg

1zojnk4.jpg

2djrqde.jpg

1z2j5z7.jpg
10pops3.jpg

We decided to continue our leisurely walk around Adventureland, and after about five steps ended up at Sunshine Tree Terrace, where I decided to have a citrus swirl for breakfast. Don’t judge me.

A few steps later, we were at the Jungle Cruise.
4rav6a.jpg
jaf2hd.jpg

As many times as we have ridden this, this was the first time in the daylight!
69195g.jpg

The skipper was this older lady who honestly seemed like she didn’t realize she was supposed to make jokes, and acted like we were getting a legit tour…which made us laugh even harder.
11rxi5g.jpg

(apparently I don't know how to use my camera)
54h6x.jpg

Next, we headed to Pirates (and walked straight on, just like everything else). After our swashbuckling adventure, we stopped to get a photopass picture taken at the Pirate’s League sign just for the heck of it, and ended up having our favorite cast member interaction to date.
iptsli.jpg
29f6umw.jpg

2pq5qad.jpg

Side note: Bethany is all wet in this picture because on the pirates ride, we had the whole boat to ourselves and her dad thought it would be funny to prank her. She was sitting in front of him, and during the drop he poured his water bottle over her head. After the ride she actually said, "wow, that splashes a lot more than I remembered!" Gullible, gullible child.

While posing for the photo, I said something to Bethany, calling her by name. A Pirate’s League CM who was walking by heard me, stopped and said “Her name can’t be Bethany, that’s MY name! Her name must be Shark Stench.”

hwmr20.jpg

This of course caused a ton of giggles from the kids and led to a good 5-10 minute conversation and playing around and them calling each other Shark Stench.
143nk8o.jpg

And decorating the littles.

Some other CMs came over to join the fun, another one whose name was Beth. I got this picture which is one of my absolute favorite Disney vacation pictures to date!
20tpid5.jpg

It was so much fun as is, but remember this…because (foreshadowing), it becomes very important later on!

After that fun, we continued the loop and ended up on Splash. Becca was still being weird about rides at this point and insisted this was a scary ride. We knew that she actually loved it, and were the mean parents who insisted she ride anyway. Well despite the pouts and glares in line, she came off with a big smile and was fine for the rest of the trip.
e9hxz6.jpg

It was getting close to our lunch time, so we stopped our circle tour and checked off a couple of our favorites before eating. My absolute favorite Disney ride is the Haunted Mansion, and I have made the family ride it with me so much that it has grown on them too. Greg calls it “the creeeeeeeepy ride” and they all beg to ride it every time we are at MK. My job as mother is complete

After our visit to the 999 happy haunts, we had time for one more ride before lunch. Becca had it in her mind that she just HAD to ride Space Mountain (because Bethany loved it last trip). We didn’t think she was quite tall enough, but agreed to take her to get measured. Well, sure enough she didn’t measure up, by almost an inch, I believe. She was heartbroken, because this girl feels ALL the feels in the extreme. But I was able to convince her to ride Buzz with her brother and me while Bethany and the big guys rode Space. She agreed, and only pouted until we got on the ride.
ifdfk0.jpg

vq5i6q.jpg

I was too busy adjusting my camera to shoot!!

2ep5afd.jpg

This dump shop is the hardest one to get Greg out of.
mjsi7p.jpg

He loves all the toys.

2ryk49k.jpg

And I am still sad that they added more bars to Zurg’s jail.

All in all, it was a pretty great morning, and we were ready to head to our much-awaited lunch!

Read all the way through your trip report tonight and really looking forward to more. You have a very cute family!

It was fun to see your son on ToT. My husband loves it has a tradition of introducing our kids and now grandkids to it as soon as they are tall enough. Sometimes they love it, sometimes it has to grow on them!

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Sunshine Tree Terrace, where I decided to have a citrus swirl for breakfast. Don’t judge me.
No judging here. A citrus swirl is awesome any time (I even prefer it over the infamous Dole Whip). Besides, it's orange juice, so how can that not be an acceptable breakfast food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!