Delete Thread

I sometimes feel bad for eating stuff in front of Josh, but says he doesn't care. Of course I don't think he likes pastries as much as I do :rotfl:They have flourless cake in so many places though you have to get some next time!

I can't believe I didn't pay more attention to this! I don't mind eating things that my mom can't eat as long as there is something she CAN eat and at Erin McKenna's there is nothing she can eat, unfortunately.

Haha yes, I always feel like it's a lot of work too changing, showering, redoing hair and makeup. I wanted to sit in the hot tub though but we never got a chance to. Maybe in December because sitting in a hot tub when it's so hot out sounds kind of awful.

My mom and I always feel like passing out for them when we see people in a hot tub in the incredible heat in FL. How can they do it?? But December should be good. At least in the evening, if nothing else!

Need to catch up properly on your trip report........trying to catch up on a few things!

Looks good what I glanced at..........although another year the SA dinner doesn't get good reviews........shame as it could be something special........we had a few friends who have done it both years and won't be doing it again. Thought they would give it another try after bad experience last year. But, no.

Will catch up soon though with what you've done :thumbsup2

Need to catch up properly on your trip report........trying to catch up on a few things!

Looks good what I glanced at..........although another year the SA dinner doesn't get good reviews........shame as it could be something special........we had a few friends who have done it both years and won't be doing it again. Thought they would give it another try after bad experience last year. But, no.

Will catch up soon though with what you've done :thumbsup2
Yeah I'm considering not doing it again as well. It is a shame, because having something to do while the park changes over is a great idea.

they said the seasoned fries were okay now but they didn't used to be.

That is way too scary! Like, I guess I'm going to try them and cross my fingers I'm not sick later?? Especially since you got conflicting information!

Josh is the only one that rides the Simpsons ride so we skipped it for the time being

I get way too sick on this ride. I feel like the line moves super slow, too.

screen-shot-2016-10-08-at-4-18-59-pm-png.199906

This is a werewolf, right? Josh kept saying it wasn't

It would have to be a werewolf. It isn't Fluffy or Fang. Unless it is Sirius???

It makes me kind of wish Knockturn Alley was expanded upon in the books so there could be some more shops or restaurants in that area.

It would be cool to have a creepy little bar there!

:love:

He directed us to guest services, but also made me panic a little by saying before we went (I can't remember exactly what it was) but something that implied he didn't think it would be sorted out in time for us to come back to the Scareactor Dining.

I hate it when CMs (for lack of a better word - what does US call them?) make things sound bad and sometimes imply that it must be your fault somehow. I'm glad you got it sorted quickly but too bad the meal wasn't the greatest all around. Maybe he was trying to do you a favor and scare you away!

Hmm, I think Josh is right, that doesn't look like a werewolf to me :scratchin
I wanted to try the Butterbeer ice cream so bad when we were there last summer but I only tried the regular Butterbeer. It was good; too sweet for me to drink the whole thing myself. I have a feling I'd like the ice cream better!

I love the Horror Makeup Show! I remember seeing it way back in 2000 when just Steve and I went so we made it a point to see it when we took the boys last year. The props in the lobby are the best!

That's too bad you weren't impressed with the Scareator dinner this year. I understand why Josh prefers doing it but maybe skip it next year ? Michael Myers behind you is cool though!

Think I`m all caught up now.

Love your pictures........I always laugh when folks say you don't get wet on JP........er, yes you can!!! Your raptor encounter looked fun too, it`s over so quickly though from when they first did it. But fun.

I'm the same with Toothsome, didn`t really thrill us enough to go back..........food was ok, just not great. But glad Josh could get some decent choices at the places you went.

Like the sound of the Black and Brie burger at Cowfish........may try that next year........and love your Michael Myers pics........

Great report. I enjoy hearing about HHN. I have never been. I love Halloween but am such a chicken!

Nice update again.........

We like Dead Mans Wharf a lot.........yes it was short, but the SA were so good........lots of scares and jumps in such a short area was clever!

We walked through Survive or Die and Fisherman's Wharf to get to our next destination. Fisherman's Wharf was my favorite of the two, the costumes were so cool.

When we were at US, the Fisherman's Wharf was set up (but no characters wandering). It looked really cool! We were wondering if the fisherman on top moved at all. Or if there were people jumping out at you from the crack in ship's hull. There looked like someone could hide there.

image-jpeg.200884

And I only had to lean a little awkwardly to the side to cover the one other person. :thumbsup2

WOW! That is sooo empty! Sign me up for HHN just for that! Awesome pic!

We headed over to Men In Black next where I became a galaxy defender! I beat Josh by 10000 points!

Congratulations!!! Rub it in!!

Yes it's so awesome! Although I read somewhere that they aren't allowed to do anything at all to alter Diagon Alley during HHN and last year they flashed lights on the London facade (like they do everywhere) and JK Rowling heard and said if they did something like that again it can't stay open during HHN. I hope that doesn't happen though because it's awesome to be in there at night and when its empty.

Wow, I'm surprised that she had problems with them flashing lights on the facade. It's London, not a Harry Potter specific world where the lights would be "wrong".

Me too. I guess there's some things for HP world out there, but I thought that was kind of nitpicky. (And I totally agree with her having complete creative control over all the HP stuff, I just think that's a little too much). They were saying in a podcast that in Japan she let them do some different stuff like have death eaters come out (not sure if that was just Halloween or for always) but over here nothing like that is authorized.

That would be so awesome! Why would Japan be any different than here??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter