Busy-time Toys for Plane Ride or Waiting

MouseFan88

Mouseketeer
We're headed to WDW at the beginning of September with our 18-month-old daughter. She's generally well-behaved and loves people-watching, but long shows/waits are definitely not her thing. I was hoping to ask other Disney moms/dads if you had good toy suggestions for things that don't take up much space but that can be whipped out during the wait for fireworks, etc. and keep her attention for a while.

She's recently been obsessed with buckles, so I already bought a 12-pack of buckles that I'm going to sew on a pillow for her to buckle/un-buckle to her heart's content. Does anyone have any other cheap/easy suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

A pad of the smallest size Post-it notes to stick and unstick, Silly Putty if she's past putting things in her mouth, tiny books, bubbles (but you will get hugely different opinions on that one).

There are lots of things you can do with small tupperware, or re-purposed puff containers. My kids two favorites were small holes that pipe cleaners will just fit into in the lid. They would spend forever pushing the pipe cleaners in and out. They also liked one with just one larger hole that they could push craft Pom poms through. Make the hole just barely big enough to fit whatever size Pom poms you have, so they have to work a little bit to get the Pom Pom through.

I second the snacking! Especially something that comes in lots of small bites that you can dole out slowly to prolong the snacking, like goldfish. Just be careful to size snacks right. Taking a half finished snack away from a toddler to board a ride is a recipe for disaster.

For evening waits nothing beats a dollar store tube of glow sticks. I saw that tip on here before our trip, and snagged a huge tube for probably $5-$10. that thing was worth its weight in gold! It had connectors and big pieces and little pieces...and for the hour we waited for the night parade, my creative SIL used them to keep both my kids (and most of the surrounding kids) happy and entertained.

I also third the snack suggestions. We brought a few toys but the snacks always won.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!