Busy October vs Touring Plans

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by nmrgrl55, Sep 23, 2017.

1. nmrgrl55

nmrgrl55 Mouseketeer

Hi all. I keep hearing how October is going to be super busy, but Touring Plans has our week looking pretty good. We are going Oct 21-28, and the ideal days are moslty 3s and 4s. That doesn't seem extreme to me at all. Am I missing something? I'm expecting crowds, but why is there such a discrepancy to what is being said about October crowds and the low numbers? (I'm talking pre-Irma too...I expect a bump in crowds but this was going on before the hurricane.)

2. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

People outside this board are saying the first two weeks will be the crazier part of October - the last two will be busy, but not insane.
    As long as you have your fast passes and some patience, it will be great!

Have a great trip, we arrive a few days after you!:)

stinkpickle likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. stinkpickle

stinkpickle DIS Veteran

Agreed. It's not as bad as you approach Halloween as it is around Columbus Day.

5. SDSorority

SDSorority Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion

We'll be there next week and are expecting CROWDS. We'll see- maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. ::wishful thinking::

6. labman5239

labman5239 Earning My Ears

I have decided that Disney is going to be busy no matter time of year since economy for most is better. Get what fast passes you can and just enjoy. I think sometimes we overplan.

Roxyfire and firefly_ris like this.
  7. TulipMom

TulipMom Mouseketeer

I'm going the same week and Touring Plan forecast shows parks range from 3-7. Mostly 5 & 6 crowd level parks throughout the week. Have you updated your plans with current info? The forecasted crowd levels have been increased twice since I booked in Jan.

At any rate, we're expecting full parks but also not too crazy.

LilyWDW likes this.
  8. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I agree. The numbers have been updated. The other thing to remember is that the numbers are relative. A 5 now is more crowded than a 5 a few years ago.

LilyWDW likes this.
  9. nmrgrl55

nmrgrl55 Mouseketeer

We are going to the parks Sunday through Thursday and the updated numbers are 4,5,3,3,3 for their recommended parks. The Epcot day is the only day that went up since the hurricane and that went from 4 to 5.

10. Farro

Honestly, non-party nights at MK and weekends at Epcot are all you really have to worry about. Maybe Pandora - but I think that's crowded regardless.

And we've been to Epcot on a Saturday night during Food/Wine in October and yes it's mayhem, but a really fun mayhem! :P

11. SarahC97

SarahC97 Mouseketeer

We were there that week last year. It wasn't nuts but it was also twice as busy as TP predicted it to be. Crowds predicted to be 3 or 4, were actually 5 to even 8. Epcot especially was much busier than predicted, even during the weekdays. Just take it with a grain of salt - you'll still have fun. Fastpasses are your friend!

TulipMom likes this.
  12. Nohal

Nohal DIS Veteran

We booked for October as we had to cancel our September trip due to the hurricane. I lost all of my FP's and my free dining really bummed about it. So I'm thinking many people had to rebook and some did for October. Since they increased the park hours I'm thinking its going to be extra crowded.

13. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I TOTALLY disagree. It is NOT fun mayhem. After 15 consecutive years at F & W we will never again go on a Saturday evening. It is not fun.

SDSorority likes this.
  14. TulipMom

TulipMom Mouseketeer

But OVERALL crowds for the week of 10/21-10/28 average out at a 5. You happen to be choosing parks at the lowest (Yay, you!), but that's not representative of crowd predictions overall. Still, a 5 far from the apocalyptic conversations here about expected crowds. I kind of take the conversation here with a grain of salt. ;) We've got our plans, our FP+, our ADRs and we're going to have a great time no matter what crowds we encounter! Can't do anything to change it anyway. :) Can't believe 10/21 is almost here! I'm sure your family is getting just as excited as we are over here at my house! :jumping1:

15. Farro

I suppose this means we won't be meeting for a drink this October? Alas, perhaps another time...cheers! :drinking1

16. LizaBelle00

LizaBelle00 Earning My Ears

From what I've heard from my upper-midwest friends who have traveled mid-October, crowds have been very manageable, and it's a great time to travel!