Business Trip to San Diego? I'M GOING TO DIDNEYRAND!!!!!-April 2013 TR*Update 11/18

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have not been on Mickey's Wheel of Fun and probably won't get up enough nerve to go (FEAR OF HEIGHTS) I go on EE and will go on TOT but being out in the open on that wheel...... I don't think so :faint::faint:

Hmmmmm....maybe it's because of that time you took me on a ferris wheel and I leaned over to wave at Dad all the way down at the bottom? ;)

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have not been on Mickey's Wheel of Fun and probably won't get up enough nerve to go (FEAR OF HEIGHTS) I go on EE and will go on TOT but being out in the open on that wheel...... I don't think so :faint::faint:
Exactly!!! :scared1: I think the great theming of the other attractions (EE, ToT, etc.) is enough to distract me from the fear. The Wheel of Death? Never going to happen. I can't even go on a carnival ferris wheel. No how, no way. NO! :rotfl2:

Getting caught up here! I was a little sad when they got ride of Golden Dreams to make room for the Little Mermaid ride but then.... when we first saw it, I was excited since they did such a great job! And THEN... we saw the MK version and I was bummed that DCA was so blah for the queue compared to FL. Sooooo what I'm saying is... just another thing that MK did better.

Gotta love 25 min stand by for Peter Pan at DL. Waiting to see if you went on any of the other FL rides like Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad. Those are always very short waits. :)

Mmmmm cupcakes. :lovestruc That's been breakfast more than a time or two in the parks. ;)

Hmmmmm....maybe it's because of that time you took me on a ferris wheel and I leaned over to wave at Dad all the way down at the bottom? ;)

Yep that did it for sure....... No I can't blame it on you I know where the fear of heights came from, it was way before you were born....Thanks though for wanting to take the blame:thumbsup2

Exactly!!! :scared1: I think the great theming of the other attractions (EE, ToT, etc.) is enough to distract me from the fear. The Wheel of Death? Never going to happen. I can't even go on a carnival ferris wheel. No how, no way. NO! :rotfl2:

Um, pure evil? :confused3

Haha. Maybe I was a little evil when I was 4. :lmao:

Getting caught up here! I was a little sad when they got ride of Golden Dreams to make room for the Little Mermaid ride but then.... when we first saw it, I was excited since they did such a great job! And THEN... we saw the MK version and I was bummed that DCA was so blah for the queue compared to FL. Sooooo what I'm saying is... just another thing that MK did better.

Gotta love 25 min stand by for Peter Pan at DL. Waiting to see if you went on any of the other FL rides like Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad. Those are always very short waits. :)

Mmmmm cupcakes. :lovestruc That's been breakfast more than a time or two in the parks. ;)

I was a little sad when they got rid of Golden Dreams too. I really enjoyed that attraction myself.

The MK version is definitely a better one from the outside perspective. Visually it's just stunning.

We did hit a few other Fantasyland attractions. Since we were there for the weekend, the park was actually pretty crowded. I was kinda surprised.

Ugh, cupcakes for breakfast are amazing.

Yep that did it for sure....... No I can't blame it on you I know where the fear of heights came from, it was way before you were born....Thanks though for wanting to take the blame:thumbsup2

Well, a girl's gotta try, right?

We had a nice time relaxing at the resort. I know everyone commented on how short everything was, but this is my favorite part about Disneyland. Everything is so close together, that you can successfully go back to your resort, relax by the pool, freshen up, shop, and then return to a park in a matter of hours. Definitely a perk and different than being in the 41 square miles that make up WDW.

Since it's Southern California in April, I knew it would get a touch chilly that night, so Jason and I changed into pants, and I also put on a long sleeved shirt. Dad on the other hand, decided not to. Dangit, he was in California and he was wearing shorts!! Tiny bit of foreshadowing? He'd come to regret his decision later that evening.

We headed back into California Adventure, because we had fastpasses for World of Color that we would be using. We were also hungry, so a little food was in order.

Since our private entrance to California Adventure is close by, we decided we would head to Condor Flats to go to the Taste Pilots grill. We all figured that burgers would due for this evening.

I ordered a kids cheeseburger, because I wasn't SUPER hungry.

And I promptly attempted to stick the entire burger in my mouth.

NO! My mouth is not that big. That burger was that tiny!

See? Burger in relation to a pickle slice.

However, it was exactly what I needed for the night, so I couldn't complain. Jason and Dad liked their burgers, and soon we were on our way back into the park.

We headed over to the side of the park with Monsters Inc.

The main hub in California Adventure.

And we stumbled by the Mad T party.

Kind of cool if you ask me. They have a White Rabbit DJ, with music throughout the night and additional entertainment. I really liked it! Plus, I mean, there were adult beverages around. What's not to like?!

See the White Rabbit DJ? I loved her.

This guy was so weird! I had no idea what he was, but the only thing I can related it to is this. Click the link to watch the video. You'll thank me forever. ;)

Muppets Dancing Slinky

We liked him. He was insanely cool.

After that, we moved on to Mike and Sully to the Rescue.

I like this ride a lot. It's cute. Basic dark ride, but really cute.

I love the reference to Ray Harryhausen in the movie. HUGE original Clash of the Titans fan here, and basically anything Ray Harryhausen made.

Mike's face in that picture totally reminds you of someone else we know, doesn't it?!

And yes....my hair still glows.

Sno cone? They're lemon!

Jason liked the ride, since it was something he had never done before. We headed back to the Mad T party so we could get some dranks! No, not a typo. If it has alcohol in it, it makes it a drank!

Nope, not drunk. There were really walking 'mingos in the area.

My lovely drank. It was basically a Cosmo.

All our dranks.

Two goobers attempting to look cool. And pretty much failing!

Remember how my Pop refused to change earlier, because dangit we were in California and he was wearing shorts? So after we finished our libations, he stated that he was cold.

I'm not going to say I told you so.

So he headed back to the room to change really quickly. See! This is the beauty of Disneyland. Because it was done in 20 minutes flat. So, during this 20 minutes Jason and I picked up coffee at the Starbucks (that had just opened in DCA, holla!!!!!).

Oh, I picked up this lovely too. It was basically chocolate, stuffed in chocolate, topped in chocolate, sprinkled in chocolate, and pooping chocolate.

Jason and I lurved it. We waited for Pop by the entrance to the hotel, and he came out very shortly after, happy for his coffee we had purchased for him. Coffee in hand, sun setting, we headed back in.

Up next: Radiator Springs and World of Color

Hi Dani! At least you didn't make the mistake of eating the chili cheese fries at Taste Pilot's Grill. Ummm ick! your kid burger looks perfect! That place doesn't have a lot of indoor seating and sometimes we just don't want to sit on the patio when it is cool out. (I'm a weather wimp since 60 degrees for me is cold!)

The Mad Tea Party! What fun. My DD loves the weekend shows with Alice. Not sure if they have extended those shows or not.

Love, love, love Monsters Inc ride in the Hollywood section at DCA. The door scene is so well done.

Your evening sounds fabulous - RSR and WoC! Perfection.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"

Mike's face in that picture totally reminds you of someone else we know, doesn't it?!

[/COLOR]

I KNEW that face looked familiar! :rotfl2: Striking similarity! :rotfl:

Cool stuff. I've never seen a white rabbit as a DJ before and that slinky thing is bizarre!

I like the Mike and sully ride, too. It looks really cute!

Hi Dani! At least you didn't make the mistake of eating the chili cheese fries at Taste Pilot's Grill. Ummm ick! your kid burger looks perfect! That place doesn't have a lot of indoor seating and sometimes we just don't want to sit on the patio when it is cool out. (I'm a weather wimp since 60 degrees for me is cold!)

The Mad Tea Party! What fun. My DD loves the weekend shows with Alice. Not sure if they have extended those shows or not.

Love, love, love Monsters Inc ride in the Hollywood section at DCA. The door scene is so well done.

Your evening sounds fabulous - RSR and WoC! Perfection.

Well then it's a good thing that I'm not a chili cheese anything eater then. :lmao: Duly noted to avoid them at all costs in the future.

I'm from the cold Midwest, and I'm still kind of a weather wimp. Maybe not to your degree, but I still like to be warm.

I KNEW that face looked familiar! :rotfl2: Striking similarity! :rotfl:

Cool stuff. I've never seen a white rabbit as a DJ before and that slinky thing is bizarre!

I like the Mike and sully ride, too. It looks really cute!

Hahahaha, Pop must have been doing his Mike imitation in that PP picture, that's for sure.

That slinky thing is totally bizarre! I liked it though.

I like the Mike and Sully to the Rescue ride. It's so cute, and loads better than the Superstar Limo that used to be there. :rotfl:

The mad T area looked neat but never got the party aspect when I was there. Had some entertainment but maybe too early for the dranks? :rotfl2:

Totally agree on the quick change - I rode Grizzly River and got soaked and was up to the room changed and back in about 15 minutes. Totally the reason I even rode , was knowing I could change quick.

Radiator Spring and WoC :cool1:

The mad T area looked neat but never got the party aspect when I was there. Had some entertainment but maybe too early for the dranks? :rotfl2:

Totally agree on the quick change - I rode Grizzly River and got soaked and was up to the room changed and back in about 15 minutes. Totally the reason I even rode , was knowing I could change quick.

Radiator Spring and WoC :cool1:

Hahaha, maybe it was too early for the dranks?! :lmao: It's definitely a cooler environment when it's closer to the evening. Apart from that, I wouldn't necessarily see the allure.

It's so nice being able to just walk into your hotel. My Mom and I loved that when we stayed there about 7 years ago also. We were fortunate enough to be there for over a week.

Your guys sound like my guys in The Little Mermaid! Tolerable! That kid's burger was more like a slider! Teeny tiny!! Don't you love it when you can tell your parents"I told you so!" (whether you really do or not!) :cool1:

An update!!!! :woohoo:

That burger was TINY! :rotfl2:

The party looks like a blast! They had some kind of Tron party going on there when we were there - since we have never seen that, we didn't stop. I hope, if we get to go in January, that this one will still be going on - looks like a blast! Plus, as you may know :confused3, I love me some DRANKS! :rotfl2:

Love the Mike and Pop comparison photos! :rotfl2:

Your guys sound like my guys in The Little Mermaid! Tolerable! That kid's burger was more like a slider! Teeny tiny!! Don't you love it when you can tell your parents"I told you so!" (whether you really do or not!) :cool1:

That burger was like a slider. It's all I wanted really.

See, when I get the opportunity tell my parents I told you so.......I do. :lmao:

An update!!!! :woohoo:

That burger was TINY! :rotfl2:

The party looks like a blast! They had some kind of Tron party going on there when we were there - since we have never seen that, we didn't stop. I hope, if we get to go in January, that this one will still be going on - looks like a blast! Plus, as you may know :confused3, I love me some DRANKS! :rotfl2:

Love the Mike and Pop comparison photos! :rotfl2:

It was seriously bite size. If I tried harder, I totally could have shoved it entirely in my mouth.

I hope it is going on when you're there! The dranks were so good! :rotfl:

That is one tiny cheeseburger. It's Wendy sized! I always complain that adult portions are too much for me! :rotfl:
I absolutely remember the Muppet dancing slinky, I watched the video you posted and in related videos was the human slinky! Looks like the same guy you saw. Very weird. And cool.
I wish we had the Monsters Inc. ride in WDW! I love that movie.

That is one tiny cheeseburger. It's Wendy sized! I always complain that adult portions are too much for me! :rotfl:
I absolutely remember the Muppet dancing slinky, I watched the video you posted and in related videos was the human slinky! Looks like the same guy you saw. Very weird. And cool.
I wish we had the Monsters Inc. ride in WDW! I love that movie.

I'm such a middle of the road eater if that makes sense. The adult portions are too big, but sometimes the kids portions are too small. In this instance, my tiny burger was just right.

I saw that human slinky thing too, after I posted the video. I was curious if it was the same guy too.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter