Business help and advice

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by princess jackson, Jul 19, 2012.

  1. princess jackson

    princess jackson DIS Veteran

    Feb 25, 2005
    Hi, I wondered if anyone can assist, current I work part time and thinking about branching out into self employment from home, making candy trees, party bags, cake pops.

    How do I go about it in the first instance. I've looked at hmrc site and my head is battered :surfweb:

    How does it effect my income from my employment?

  2. Mrs Doubtfire

    Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

    Feb 27, 2006
    You will have to fill in a tax return to declare any earnings from self-employment and pay tax & NI on that income as well.

    Your local chamber of commerce may run a free course for people looking at becoming self employed and they can be quite handy as normally an accountant, banker etc will give a talk on all the different aspects. :)

Share This Page