BUSH GARDENS Christmas PARTY

1st_timer

Earning My Ears
Hey Guys

Anybody out there ever do this? Any Good? and do you know if you can get into the park early like youcan for the MVMC party at Magic Kingdom??
Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!

nicole

I believe this is the first year it's being done in the Tampa park so I've never done it.The Williamsburg park I believe has done it in the past.I'll wait to see pics and vids of the event before I go try it,especially since I'm a Platinum passholder and I see that I'm only getting a $5 discount of the regular admission price online.If it looks really nice and worth it I'll definitely go ahead and try it but from the descriptions it sounds pretty similar to Sea World's Christmas event and that one is not an upcharge hard ticket event as it's included in your regular day park admission.

We live next to the Williamsburg park, and it is nice. We are platinum holders and get %50 off our tickets up here. I wonder why it's different?

I just wish it ran later than December 23rd .... had hoped it would continue through Christmas week. We don't arrive until the morning of the 23rd, and there's no way we can do an evening special event on arrival day after being up since 4 am . Dang it!!! :mad:

This will be the first year for "Christmas Town". This will be a separate ticket event held between Nov 30 and Dec 23rd on Fri, Sat & Sun nights with special shows and attractions. I was at the preview center when I bought my ticket and from what I saw this event will be worth attending and the cost is very reasonable. The park will open at 5pm and will be open just past midnight. You have to pick a date to attend when purchasing and I will be there on Dec 1st

We are planning on attending the party on Dec. 22nd and I was wondering the same thing about how early we could be admitted. Looking forward to hearing more from anyone who attends one of these nights!

We have also done the event in Williamsburg. The upside of Tampa is you will likely not need to need three layers of clothes and a heavy coat to enjoy the evening!! We had a great time in Williamsburg and thought there was a lot that they did right compared to MVMCP and the cost was reasonable!!

In Williamsburg the big coasters were not open and a few of the kids areas were closed, but I think that was a function of the cold and the fact that the park is not open in the winter except for the Christmastown event. It would not suprise me if someareas are not open during the party but we will see.

Last year in Williamsburg some of the coasters were going. Alphengeist, Griffon, and Lochness we're all going plus some of the smaller rides. Many of the rides are closed. Last year I only wore a fleece, but it was a warm year. I know nothing about the one in Tampa, but we will be going to Williamsburg again for Christmas town this year. We live right down the road, so we will take my parents when they come to town.

Any idea how early we could be admitted to the park with the Christmas Town tickets? It says the event starts at 6:00 and I'm wondering if that is the earliest they start admitting people.

The Christmas Town tickets are the admission, correct? We don't need separate Busch Gardens tickets in addition to Christmas town?

Thank you! :)

We were there last night. The entire park closes at 5:00 the nights of the party. We purchased the dinner with Mrs. Claus and went in a different gate. I don't know what time they let the guests in at the main gate, but we got in prior to 6:00. It was not much earlier.

The admission to Christmastown includes the admission to BG. I think most of the attractions were operational. It wasn't very crowded. Snow Town and Santa had the longest lines. Santa was worth it. DS enjoyed Snow Town, but I grew up with snow. I didn't see the point waiting an hour to play in "snow". Santa's house was very nice.

The light displays were very pretty. The dinner was good. We enjoyed it. We especially liked the candles in the trees past the kiddie area (Sesame Street area) as you are heading toward Sheikra. Some guests found it eerie, but I found it peaceful.

If you go, enjoy. We wore short sleeves and jeans. We probably didn't add our sweatshirts until after 9:00. That is with us being acclimated to living in Florida.

Attended last night and very impressed and highly recommend attending. The light decorations just blew me away especially with candles hung in a very large tree high into the air and all the shows were very good. What took my heart away was a living angel outside the Morroccan Palace Theatre. People just stopped in their tracks and could not believe what they saw. BG should get high praise for having a low ticket price for this event. Since this is the first year, can only imagine how this will improve over time.

We live next to the Williamsburg park, and it is nice. We are platinum holders and get %50 off our tickets up here. I wonder why it's different?

Lucky ducks!!! We live 1 1/2 hrs away, so we have to keep our fingers crossed the park won't reach capacity!! We have platinum passes too, and we went last year. It was so warm, it was wonderful!!! This year, I wonder if they'll hit capacity everyday this week. I was thinking about taking our dd's but the cold temps, and fear of capacity have me on the fence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter