Buses from Other Resorts Back to AKL?

Indecisive

Mouseketeer
If we stay at AKL Jambo House and have dinner at 'Ohana (plus fireworks) one night, and have dinner at Hoop-de-doo another night, how do the buses work to get back to AKL from the Poly and Fort Wilderness? Will we have to transfer somewhere and take multiple buses? We are not planning to have a rental car.

Thanks!

If we stay at AKL Jambo House and have dinner at 'Ohana (plus fireworks) one night, and have dinner at Hoop-de-doo another night, how do the buses work to get back to AKL from the Poly and Fort Wilderness? Will we have to transfer somewhere and take multiple buses? We are not planning to have a rental car.

Thanks!

From the Poly, ride the monorail to MK,then catch the bus back to AKL.
From Fort Wilderness, boat to MK, then bus to AKL.

I'm not familiar with your exact locations but my experience has been that we normally take a bus to either a park, downtown disney or the TTC and transfer there.

We took a taxi another time and it was well worth what it cost us as we were just ready to get back to our room.

Hopefully someone will chime in who has more experience with your exact locations.

Thanks!

For Hoop Dee Doo there will be a bus that will take you back to AKL after dinner.

For Hoop Dee Doo there will be a bus that will take you back to AKL after dinner.

This is right and there are a lot of people who don't realize it. This is the most efficient way to get back to AKL after HDDR.

I'm not familiar with your exact locations but my experience has been that we normally take a bus to either a park, downtown disney or the TTC and transfer there.

We took a taxi another time and it was well worth what it cost us as we were just ready to get back to our room.

Hopefully someone will chime in who has more experience with your exact locations.

Other than the special bus service after HDDR (note that your bus may stop at more than one resort) and a few obvious exceptions (monorail resorts, Epcot-area resorts and "sister" resorts), there is no Disney resort-to-resort transportation. You will need to get to a park or to DTD and transfer to another bus or alternate transportation there to go from resort to resort.

With regard to the highlighted portion above, there is NO bus service between any WDW resort to the TTC so do NOT try to use the TTC as a transfer point between resorts.

Thanks, everyone! I am not sure we will be staying at AKV, but I wanted to wrap my head around the transportation issues out there as far as helping make a decision. Thanks so much!

Not for the early shows!! It's only after the late show, and those buses combine several resorts on each run.

I would just monorail over to the MK from the Polynesian and get the bus back to AKL from there. Don't rush...allow the crowds to thin out a bit, then you won't be in a huge crowd waiting for the bus.
Same thing after HDDR. As long as MK is still open, just take the boat back there. Then, bus back to your resort.
Easy.

I would take a taxi, it's mostly likely $20 plus tip but at least it a direct route and you won't feel like a pickle in a jar. Lol:laughing:

Good point. I am used to that pickle-in-a-jar sensation since I ride mass transit to and from work but, my in-laws and wee children, not so much! Only problem is there will be 6 of us. Maybe send 2 grown-ups in a cab with the kids and the other 2 can make like pickles. :crowded:

We stayed at AKL last year and I will say this:

we took a lot of buses.

But we did enjoy the resort immensely. We did Hoop de Doo but we went from a MK park day & took the boat. Then went back to MK. We did a lot of other meals at other resorts and we basically transferred from a bus to park and went to the resort that way. (Most of the time the resort was on teh monorail loop so it was heading to MK then hopping on the monorail). I'd leave plenty of time so that at worst you have time to meander around the resorts and you aren't late for ADRs! Enjoy!

:)hi just take a bus from the resort you are dining at to the nearest park, then catch the bs to the AKL. It's no hassle at all we did it several times on our last vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter